Thanks

Concept Art Magazine

Hey everyone. This is my first post, I'm not new to forums in general, but to this one, I am.

/end newbie intro

Now that that's over, does anyone know of any fairly accessibly magazines that are just showcasing concept art from around the industry. I find it is my favourite kind, as it deals with all aspect of art. It is like the free verse of the art world. I've found that drawing other peoples artwork in my sketchbook helps develop my technique. I particularly like this piece by Andrew Jones. Thanks in advance everyone.

Sean

Btw, I know my site is kind of lacking right now, but please let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Don't know of any magazines directly devoted to concept artwork, if there was I would get it too. One magazine I get is Wizard, which is more comic book oriented, but it does have a lot of concept artwork in it.

There's also certain magazines that will feature concept art periodically, such as the game magazines (when featuring a new video game coming up) and some of the SciFi and movie magazines (when featuring a new movie to be released). There's a car design magazine from overseas called Auto & Design (www.autodesignmagazine.com) that seems to always feature some concept art. Comic Book Artist Magazine also features artwork monthly, sometimes concept oriented, but again that's comic book oriented. Hope that helps some.

Thanks

don't ya think?

I have looked for such a magazine and found nothing thus far. Lets start our own Magazine!! we'll call it Conceptart.org ! heh it'll be a definate money maker thats for sure! :nod: I mean we already have a wack load of artists to feature here....