Thanks

Bspark's W.I.P Thread

Just wanted to post a recent piece I worked on for a demo I gave at the Dallas Diverge workshop. Showing how with a good base mesh ( human or what not ) using zbrush you can create a variety of things from it. In this case a wierd alien thing, with a bewildered look on his face.

Bspark
    www.bbriley.com
    [IMG]Bspark's W.I.P Thread[/IMG]
    Last edited by BSpark; November 27th, 2007 at 06:30 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Here is a character that I started from a great concept from Brutikong, still has a way to go and haven't done as much on him as late as I have wanted. But crits and comments are always welcome.

Bspark
    www.bbriley.com
    Concept/Wire/W.I.P Zbrush

Thanks
    Cool work. I would like to see the finished goat. The only thing I see that could be a little better is the ankle bone. Maybe make the joints a bit more bulbous or the bone in between the joints a little more narrow. Good muscular structure though. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Hey thanks Doctor for the critique, I will work on that area when I get back to the goat, as I really like the concept. Here is a mobster bust, which is about 4 hrs in. Again any crits or comments are always welcomed.

Bspark
    www.bbriley.com
    Bspark's W.I.P Thread

Thanks
    Really impressive works mate: I definitely like the texturing work you've already done on the gangster's clothes and the sense of different, contrasting materials you've been able to achieve. Those textures really help to mark the clothes as seperate objects and stop them from blending in to the rest of the piece. Only some minor points of criticism

1. At the point where the two sides of the jumper cross, they seem to fuse together, especially in the 3/4 profile. Maybe using the pinch tool in zbrush sharpen the furrow between the two pieces could help with this.

2. The character's lips do not seem to deform enough around the butt of the cigar to suggest that he is really getting his mouth around that chunky cuban.

All the same, great piece of work...I wish I could churn out that sort of expression on a head in four hours!

Thanks
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies and critiques.
    Doctor Robotnick: Yeah I have to get back to that one for sure, and the ankle area is definetely not supporting the wieght of the body.
    End_the_apocalypse: I definetely need to go back and tweak on that sweater jacket, build up some of the forms and such to push it further. And the cigar seems to be a problem for alot of people so I need to pay more attention to that area.
    Here is a piece that I did over a few lunch hours, it's of venom and I still want to go back over the muscle structure and work on the feel of them. Any comments and critiques are alway welcomed.

Bspark
    www.bbriley.com

Thanks
    I would broaden the shoulders a little more on the gangster relax the mouth creases on the right side of his mouth a little maybe find a more naturl flow. COOL work man!
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    That venom piece is brilliant! I reckon you have definitely captured the sense of the raw muscles straining in his body, which comes across especially well in the full profile shot, whilst the crispness of that mouth and teeth is great. In terms of crits, virtually none again, although I think there may be something up with the bunch of his deltoids and the clavicles...in the front view, at least, it feels as though the delts rise up too far above where the shoulder joint should be.

Thanks
    Hey, just wanted to post some progress I made on the demon head that I have been working on. Any comments or critiques to help this guy along would be seriously helpfull.
    End: Yeah, good point on the delts, as they do come to far into the collar and pec area. Thanks for the catch!

Bspark
    www.bbriley.com
    Demon W.I.P
    Bspark's W.I.P Thread

Thanks
    I wanted to post an update of where I am on this piece. I added a base and some minions to give him more of a traditional sculpture feel, after seeing some of the shiflett bros work. Any comments and critiques are always apprecaited.

Bspark
    www.bbriley.com
    Bspark's W.I.P Thread
    Bspark's W.I.P Thread

Thanks
    are you going to change the poses at all? nice update by the way
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Hey Robert, yeah once I get all the final modeling in zbrush finished, I will then go ahead and pose them. As when I pose them I cannot get it to work on lets say the other hand when one is lower and the other is in another pose. At least I haven't been able to figure it out, one major thing I miss from mudbox, if anyone has the answer that would be sweet!

Bspark
    www.bbriley.com

Thanks
    I like the last one!

Thanks
    Hey Iatriki, thanks for looking Here is an quick update, just did an hour over lunch to get started on the stalagtite base, though it is more looking like ice, just need to work harder on environment work as I am weak in that area.
    Any further critiques are always appreciated.

Bspark
    www.bbriley.com
    Bspark's W.I.P Thread