VOTING!!! Teen Challenge #36: Gothic-Angel

View testimonialsView Artwork

View Poll Results: Your favourite Angelic blackness?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • WolfBane

8 16.67%
  • aka6

0 0%
  • Mehz

0 0%
  • JanNovakov

3 6.25%
  • Apts

0 0%
  • ciots

0 0%
  • Evil_Sloth

16 33.33%
  • pokepetter

1 2.08%
  • Lewis

1 2.08%
  • Ampersand

3 6.25%
  • Blaz

1 2.08%
  • Goog

0 0%
  • Chaichan

8 16.67%
  • neacser

0 0%
  • Iliada

1 2.08%
  • myalias

6 12.50%
  • realitychek

0 0%
  • markey2d

0 0%
  • Vess

0 0%
  • Vigilandus

0 0%
  • addleheaded

0 0%
  • vibhas_virwani

0 0%
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lots of people entered this one, hope to see you guys next round.
    But next time finish those WIP's dudes!
    Some great ideas from everyone.
    Btw if you have a suggestion for the next challenge lets hear it.

WolfBane:

aka6:

Mehz:

JanNovakov:

Apts:

ciots:

Evil_Sloth:

pokepetter:

Lewis:
    "The gothic angel is a story of Satans most malicious plan to rule the world above hell.
    He created a demonic angel and gave him half of his dark powers.
    Within days hundreds of heavenly angels were killed. Nothing seemed to match the creatures ancient powers. His axe poured through any shield, his helmet could withhold any blow and the hellish aura that surrounded him drove the weakminded mad.
    Hope came when after 600 horrific days the demon began to weaken.
    Even though his dark armor was perfect in design, his pale skin was no match for the sun.
    Finally at the 666th day since his arrival the Gothic angel fell from the sky."

Ampersand:

Blaz:

Goog:

Chaichan:

neacser:

Iliada:
    "Gothic is a ancient Germanic language, which isn't spoken anymore, and only few people worldwide can write it. The words engraved in the stonewall are pages from the New Testament, written in Gothic, and the words engraved over the angel's head is the Lords Prayer in Gothic, and the tattoo she has on her lower left leg is Gothic for 'Angel'. She is a Gothic Angel, and can thus read Gothic"

myalias:

realitychek:

markey2d:

Vess:
    "If only I knew"
    If Jonas had known the truth he would have lived difrently. He should have known.
    The signs were all there. When Jesus came back he had the scares on his hands. These bodys exsist in the after life just as the did on earth. Jonas now for all enernity will see him self and see the scares of a life he now knew was wasted.
    "There is opposition in all things" These words were deeper and more true then eny one could imagine. There was a war. This "heaven" was not the paradise popularly belived. This was a new exsistance. Where spirits and angels fought Evils beyond Demons. With out sword or gun or even fists angels would fight.
    Spirits were power full but easely broken. Thats why.. thats why we lived a live. We are spirits who were given a body in a mortal existance, to learn how to use them together. The power of spirits in the stronghold of a body. To learn to use them together.
    "I failed to learn anything" Jonas lived a life of party's and frends, and mock rituals to gain "power from darkness". "How foolish" by Being distracted by plesures of the flesh he never try'd to wield his spirit.
    Devils distract men with the bodys "natural" disires to keep them from true power. The devil was only a minion.
    Grimed by his thoughts Jonas marched among angels to a fight he may never return from. His fisical scares will now be joined with injurys of unknown extreems. He felt it fitting.
    "To war"

Vigilandus:

addleheaded:

vibhas_virwani:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i voted for illidia .... i thinks that hers is THE MOST gothik-y out of all of ours ..... NO DOUBT
    great work !!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chaichan gets my vote, the face is just beautifully done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote went for Myalias, sloth! Get the next one up, now! Im bored

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    myalias is also brilliant ..... i ws pretty confused .....and keep another cool topic like this one or better this time .....great work by everyone ....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
Wolfbane> Nice execution of blending graphic with illustration.. You were one of 3 I thought of voting at.
Imho the wings looks a little pasted on, I would like to see it more attached... anything that takes away
any doubt on those wings being attached to his back would be great!
I don't like the text.. I did at first glance , but now I feel that it looks like something photographed of a bed or something..
like a sticky thats been photographed and put into the image...
The face is kinda and a bit "off" , also feels to small... I really wish You rendered this piece fully out
and "finished" it...

aka6> Nice idea, its very simple, and I think you have been a bit to sloppy with it to be honest.
The clouds are very random and boring.. It takes away a lot from the image and makes it very flat, especially
when you've outlined the angel like this.
The line work looks rushed too, You got some kickass lines in there, but it looks as if you tried to get it "decent" without
spending way to much time on them.
The hand doesn't look that great to me.. Looks like theres a line missing ?
Nice stylization however!

Mehz> I like this concept so far.. I think you could've made the composition a lot stronger by working more on the position of
the scythe..
Also , not putting everything aligned would have made the pic so much more dynamic.. Work more on balance and perspective..

Nice sketch!

JanNovakov> You got a very very solid sketch layed down here! You must finish this one... It has so much potential! Really
nice colors. Its hard to believe that some of you actually are teenagers..
Not much to say about this one really.... Just watch out around the leg/foot , again, I really like it, it has
very nice colors, and its "in the room", feels very good.. finish !!!

Apts> Hey there, nice start! as I said to wolfbane, it would be nice to see the wings look properly attached
to the body of the gothic angel. You have some proportion errors, the head seems to big to me.
Also whats going on with the weapon ? Another thing with the weapon is that it looks pasted on , over the glow of fire power.

I would really like to know whats going on in your picture.. Right now its a guy looking at his feet while firing his weapon
off at the same direction..

good start.

ciots> Marco, you really need to start finishing your work... its been long since I even saw an attempt at finishing or being very careful
with lines, anatomy , value etc.

I must say I don't see the angel part , or gothic part , at all, in your image.. Feels very much like the intial stage to thumbnailing.

Give it another go mate.. But don't you give up so easy.. On everything that is!!!.

Evil_Sloth> Its sick how much you've improved since I first came here and saw your work..
You making an impressive way through art already.. I can't imagine what your stuff will look like in 10 years..
I better start focus more or I'll be long forgotten by then !
With that said, you would have gotten my vote if I could vote multiple... Theres some gradients , wings, that I don't like
And it feels really lukavi inspired...

Anyways, keep it up mate... Looking forward to see more of your stuff!

Pokepetter> I don't want to be rude.. but how much of that did you actually do by yourself ? ANd how much did you found
at the photocenter at deviantart... ?

Grab a sketchbook and start drawing from life.. Daily and often..

I'm sure you got potential..

Lewis> Nice start you got there.. I don't like some of the color blending, but ok.
I think you should really spare the "white" until you really need it in your images..
Only use it to bring more contrast and details for highlights etc... You've overused it heavily in your
image, and it makes it looks more "wip" then it really is..

Keep polishing.

Ampersand> I must have over looked you when I vote.. its a really nice piece, I would place it at 4th in this challenge.
Very nice wings, and dynamic picture.. I like! The knees look "off" bold... Just spend a few minutes refining your piece and it
will look even greater!

Also , did you started out black and white , and overlayed a brown ? I get those chills anyways.. and you would
gain alot from walking away from monochrome in this picture..

Also, on the topic.. Your angel feels more like a fairy.. but nice nontheless!

Keep going with it.

Blaz> Why did you not take it further ?? I love it. Very dynamic , very stylized. I want to see this finished!!

Nice job so far.

goog>

What ? I don't see either gothic, or angle in your picture.. but as a demon, its really cool!I might be missing some "thinking outside the box"
with your concept, if so, pardon me.. But right now it doesn't communicate the topic at all..to me.
You would benefit depth by making the foreground appear darker.. You got darker values around his arms than you got in the foreground..

Good stuff man.

Chaichan> Another very good teenager.. I just wish you finished this one.. so many great entries this round that wasn't finished, yours is one of these.
You could give the eyes more depth.. it looks like when someone take a photo and you wasn't exactly ready for it.. I love the renderng of the face.
Its really great! after that its gets sloppyer and sloppyer the further away from the face one gets.

Finish!

neacser> The head is very huge, and the body and the whole pic feels very plastic.. When I look at the torso, i get poser-3d chills , unrendered.
Its very hard to blend black and white with colors in an image... I'm suggesting to add more saturnation to some parts.. Like the clothes.

Also , the whole thing feels more like a miniature, or a fairy , than a gothic angel...

Keep it up!

Iliada> The concept make me think of a jason chan pic..

basically I'd go back and practice anatomy with this one pic.. the legs look really weird..
Also the rose, is imho over saturated..And you've used "white" to much.
To much graphic, and to less painting..

myalias> What can I say.. I voted for you!
The piece reminds me of a rendering , i think, Marko djuredjevic did on one of his heman recreations...
Really nice work, You got what alot of people are missing.. attached wings, good composition etc.
I do think that the head is over sized.. But its easy to fix !

I love it man..

realitychek> You got a nice sketch.. I'm not sure whats going on tho' ?
is that a devil ? The face is very flat.. The way you do the mouth is kinda common for people who doesn't understand the lip structure.. same
with the facial structure as awhole.. The nose is attached far up in the forehead.
study portraits!

markey2D > nice to see ur improving, and trying new stuff.
I don't like the black blue red blending thing.. It looks like you went crazy with either levels, or blending modes. Dodge burn even ?
Keep it up.. grab an anatomy book.

wess > I don't see much of an angle in your pic.. Just some pissed of guy in clothes with a tattoo..
There are many easy ways to show its an angel.. Gloria , or wings etc..

Nice start. watch out on your forms... It gets very flat when You don't think of the planes. Study from life!

Vigilandus>
hehe, cool, I think you should work on this more... add mor gothic to it! Refine, and don't use so desaturated colors everywhere.

addleheaded > Nice start, focus more on your lines.. Its very very sketchy right now.
Also the legs seems to be mis proportional ..

vibhas_virwani > Nice way of rendering.. never seen before hehe. its pretty dynamic, but at the same time is very flat, I would try to bring
the forms further in the right part ( full body )..
Also watch out for overrendering muscles and stuff.. Looks over focused..

Thats it ?

Alright.. I'll go back to painting

Good job everyone... its sick how good some of you have become. Very fun to see ! Inspiring.

And yeah, my vote went for myalias. Great picture. Second evil sloth, third wolfbane..

Dennis

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dile_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dile_ View Post
    Ampersand> I must have over looked you when I vote.. its a really nice piece, I would place it at 4th in this challenge.
    Very nice wings, and dynamic picture.. I like! The knees look "off" bold... Just spend a few minutes refining your piece and it
    will look even greater!

Also , did you started out black and white , and overlayed a brown ? I get those chills anyways.. and you would
    gain alot from walking away from monochrome in this picture..

Also, on the topic.. Your angel feels more like a fairy.. but nice nontheless!

Keep going with it.
    Thanks a lot Dile! Yes, I started out in greyscale and then added colour on top (which I'm not very good at, it's still very mono). I could have improved it a little, but neglected to work on it before the deadline. If I do another Teen Challenge I'll try to be quicker.

And she is a little too fairy-like, I was a bit concerned. (I made the wings half-angel, half-butterfly to fit in with the gothic-lolita dress style.)

I might still finish the picture up in my own time, seems a pity to leave it half-done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey mine aint finished yet .....i just bordered it for the deadline.....!!!!! thanks fr the crits dile ,.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted chaichan, mainly because I'm a sucker for pretty faces...

and thanks for the crits Dile, my ideas always suck massive black (pun intended) balls, what I was going for was a take on the whole gargoyle part to gothic architecture, if it even is . But hey, I'm in it for the learning.

Myalias: I know it's too late to work on it longer for the competition, but pleeeeease finish that, it has so much potential to be extremely awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey for the next topic.....how about something related to the future ,,,,,??? will have to give in more imagination and thought then .....what do you think sloth????

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pokepetter> I don't want to be rude.. but how much of that did you actually do by yourself ? ANd how much did you found
    at the photocenter at deviantart... ?

Grab a sketchbook and start drawing from life.. Daily and often..

I'm sure you got potential..

Keep polishing.

To answer your question: I made everthing in that picture myself, exept the background which is a part of an image i edited (changed lightning and colors) and the stone texture on the man (you understand why).

I can see the mistakes I do. I don't draw very often at all, so I'll try to draw more often.

The man doesn't fit so good in, and I don't like the boots either. I should've worked more on the face too. The list is long. Thanks for crit and please keep critisizing my work.

Good luck and nice work to all of you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Wolfie, myalias was a close second if you finished it and made the head a bit smaller would have got my vote, you have a great talent for invoking emotion in your stuff and have a great antomical knowledge.

Chaichan should have finished that bro!

Goog imroving everytime man great colours.

Lewis your drawing skills in that one are kick ass you just have to work on your colours and values I'd stay away from using too much pure white and black in your stuff muddies up the piece.

JanNovakov: Love the lighting.

Lots and lots of cool entries.

But the next one you all going down so hard!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much Dile; nothing helps as much as good critics =) Yes, I need to practise a lot, get a tablet, practise, get comfy with Photoshop, and practise some more I had never heard of Jason Chan, but I checked him out and I'll take it as a compliment

That's why I was very surprised of getting a vote (nevertheless proud, though I don't deserve it), thank you vibhas_virwani.

My vote went to Ampersand, because I liked the colours, the wings, and the motion in the picture. Maybe it could be more gothic, but overall it's just a really nice, beautiful picture =)

It was really hard though, so many of you are so great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys
    fantastic round

Thanks for the comments Dile (havent seen you in a while here!) and Sloth.
    Actually the use of much white and contrast was on purpose, but i guess i overdid it

My vote goes to Evil Sloth. Great rendering and a good way to stick to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dile
    Wolfbane> Nice execution of blending graphic with illustration.. You were one of 3 I thought of voting at.
    Imho the wings looks a little pasted on, I would like to see it more attached... anything that takes away
    any doubt on those wings being attached to his back would be great!
    I don't like the text.. I did at first glance , but now I feel that it looks like something photographed of a bed or something..
    like a sticky thats been photographed and put into the image...
    The face is kinda and a bit "off" , also feels to small... I really wish You rendered this piece fully out
    and "finished" it...
    Dile, this is a great crit for wolfbane man. I was reading it and while scrolling back i noticed how right you are.
    Thanks for the time you put in it.

Dunno if ill enter next TC... have so much going on now

Quote Originally Posted by Goog
    what I was going for was a take on the whole gargoyle part to gothic architecture, if it even is . But hey, I'm in it for the learning.
    hahaha now i get. I guess its ontopic now xD Fun way to get off the cliche. But maybe you should have integrated him with a gothic church or somthing instead of a forest.
    Nice entry tho

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    slothy baby! you get my vote with gusto!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted Mr. Sloth here. Awesome execution.

Myalias - great pose and emotion on the character, doesn't feel 'done' to me though.

Wolfbane - Very nice indeed. Looks more metal/rock to me than Gothic (not in the musical sense of Gothic mind you.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dificult choice between Sloth and Wolfbane, wolf defenetly (imo) has the coolest character, but thats because of the InFlames shirt. but the overall mood, sweet character and background made me choose for Sloth.

awsome stuffs here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like sloth's but wolfbane's one is also great.

http://jsiu123.deviantart.com - my experiment gallone, enjoy
    http://jsiu123.deviantart.com/gallery/#_browse/scraps - deviant sketch untidy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote goes to Chaichan. I think I'm in love

I like also Ampersand's one but find it too "faerie" and not enough "gothic". Same for the very good draw of Waolfbane which I find more "rock" than "gothic".

I find Evil_Sloth's draw very "gothic" but ... I'm hypnotized by Chaichan's one

Forgot to salute the other draws, and especially Goog's one which I like much as well. Bravo !

• Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.