Sketchbook: Tomato's 1st University Sketchbuk!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Tomato's 1st University Sketchbuk!

Hello CA's.

I haven't been here for a rather long time and since I started university about a month ago, i'd thought i'd start posting some pictures and see what everyone thinks.

I'll be posting assignment work and some of my own stuff, so crit, love, hate, rip, whatever. As long as you guys take a look, thats all that matters.

Hopefully you'll be seeing some improvements as I progress through the year.

Attached Images Attached Images              
    Note to self: START DRAWING FROM LIFE!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nice designs you got there. A critique: when you shade and use very black lines its like using two different styles in one image, like using realistic and cartoony, nothing wrong with that, but if you aim for realistic dont use very strong line in the begining, but very thin ones so that you varely see them so that you can later use shading, planes of different values of grey to make the illusion of light and shadow, if you do that youll end having realistic looking images. Those are self protraits right?, try doing some without lines but with planes of grey, and use only one lightsource as a lamp or a window from where the light of the sun comes, youll notice the big difference. Good luck!.

Thanks
    Christian223 - I'm not too sure what you mean by using very strong lines from the beginning. Do you mean, for example, the creases on the characters cape?
    Also, no, those are not self portraits. They are of a classmate. I drew her in Uni where the entire ceiling is made out of glass so the room is always light. I have to do some self portraits as well though since its required for the assignment and for my own self portraits, i'll use a more direct light source

Thanks
    With very strong lines i mean for example in the second portrait, the black lines around the lips, in reality thise values shouldt be there because such blackness would only be apropiate for a hole where there is not light bouncing inside of it, also check the silouetes of the eyes, head and nose, in real life those lines couldnt be there.

Thanks
    Christian223 - Oh I see! Alright i'll work on that in the next portrait =D

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.