Fernando WIP

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Fernando WIP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fernando WIP

This is a pic I started a while back of my character Fernando. Any critique you could give would be helpful, especially on the coloring, or how to create a background that will add and create drama but not detract from the work. I'm terrible with backgrounds, they usually end up as large fills of color. Also, sorry about the mediocre scan, like the shadows and the random dark stripes. My scanner is atrocious.

Thanks in advance for the crit!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, im not a pro or smt, there are some wayyy wayyyyy more talented people around here that could give aloooot of advices, but here goes my little humble opinion (hope you dont mind overpaint(if you do, well please do so by all means, it wont start to snow because of that lol(yeah, sorry, just couldnt not say))):

Fernando WIP

I changed the head position, because it seemed to be too off to the left and attached to neck at strange place, also correctled the facial angel a little as eyes and mouth were facing different angel then the face.Also drew some defined nose, though it might not keep the style of your overall picture.The left hand that was threatening just didnt had the space to threaten so made the page wider, and also corrected some anatomicall ant perspective problems with arm, thou im sure someone more experienced would do even better job.Also lowered the lower body, because he seemed like he didnt had that part at all (was he maybe a woman or smt ).
    Also now that i think about, i think i missed the part that the picture should be fliped and he should face right rather then left, to get more active threatening effect.

Sorry if said something wrong
    ^^; yeah

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.