Romper Stomper

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Romper Stomper

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Romper Stomper

Romper Stomper

I recently saw the movie romper stomper which I found out to be really good. I Especially liked the scene where Russel Crowe's character drinks some milk so I decided to paint it.
    I usually first do my paintings in greyscale and then color them up afterwards. However this time I started with the colors from the very beginning. It was fun and I think it turned out pretty well for being the first time.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

(And by the way, you really should step away a few feet from your computer and watch this piece from a little distance. That way you can't see all the mistakes and it looks much better :] )

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there is a pretty cool song by transplants called Romper Stomper... im sure they got it from the movie.... nice painting too ,though the reflective highlight under his arm drinking the milk looks a little too hard ,, it may just need to be softened a bit ... good work !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The arm is nice, but the way it relates to the rest of him - the connection between arm, hand, bottle, lips, face - is off in both perspective and relative sizes. The face, itself, has some anatomy issues.

There's also a problem with the lighting: you've got a nice light source coming from the top left, but there's also the light from inside the fridge, which isn't really interacting with his body.

The subdued colors are nice, though, and I really like the collection of objects on top of the fridge.

blue's sketchbook
    Someone gave me this custom title and I will never, ever change it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It may just be me but I think the contrast of the tattoo is way to strong and in doing so makes it look like it was paint over on a photo. The tattoo is conforming right but not fitting in with the rest of the painting. I say tone it down and it would look a lot better. The only other thing I could see that may need changing is the object that is on the fridge by his Adam's apple. It seem to be competing with his throat.

Imagination is not a total internal power but rather it is a reflection and multi-faceted projection of our experiences and knowledge. We take in information from the world around us and intuitively re-order it into something new. Something is not created from nothing but simply transformed from what was before.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.