Sketchbook: aka6's sketchbook *nudity an eventually probably*
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: aka6's sketchbook *nudity an eventually probably*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

aka6's sketchbook *nudity an eventually probably*

Hello, I'm more or less new here, I've done a few things in the activities forum,
    but didn't get much feedback and heard that this was the place for that sort of thing.
    First things first I suppose I should tell a little about myself.
    I am 18 years old, I just started art school this fall, I'm going to AAU, and I plan
    to major in illustration. I'd say that my long term goal is to work as a concept designer
    for video games or animations of some type. I've made the occasional doodle every
    now and then but I only started drawing seriously about 2 years ago. I'm fairly proud
    of the progress I've made since then, I could show a picture I drew from back then,
    but It doesn't seem especially important. I have my heart set on drawing for a living,
    and I don't think I'll be happy doing anything else.

I want to throw myself out here because I know that art is something of a masochistic
    process, and I need to earn my lumps. Constructive criticism is very welcome on
    artistic as well as creative and technical aspects, especially anything that you think
    might apply to future pictures I might make.

I consider myself pretty skilled with paper and pencil, especially when it comes to
    designing machinery/robots/etc. I don't have a scanner so all I can really show are
    the things I do directly in photoshop. I'd say my biggest weakness is digital painting.
    I can color linework in photoshop okay, but anything beyond that really throws me.

For example here is this picture I drew today. I drew the lines rather sloppily intending
    to use them just as a guide for painting. Unfortunately it turned out terrible and I quit
    before I ended up wasting any more time on it. I ended up just cleaning the lines a bit
    so the linework looked okay, and colored it the way I'm accustomed.

Since I fully intend to concept design, I can give a fair bit of technical specifications
    about the subject which might be important if critiquing the conceptual merits, but no
    story as of yet.

The suit in the picture is a full body sealed environment pseudo powered armor. It has
    very few mechanisms, and enhances movement and endurance passively with rigid joints
    that support weight along the legs back and shoulders, but not the elbows and wrists
    so as to allow fast arm movement. The plated sections are shaped to deflect bullets
    away from vital organs rather than stop them outright, but can still withstand direct fire
    from high caliber ammunition. The helmet is designed to open easily with the faceplate
    and crown swiveling on the back hinge. The visor of the helmet is actually a camera
    system that transmits a fish eye view to the inside of the faceplate. This allows wide
    peripheral vision even with the restricted movement of the neck brace, but can easily
    disorient someone who hasn't become properly trained and accustomed.

The gun in the picture is something of a cross between an assault rifle and a machine
    gun. It's main points are the bullpup design, large caliber ammunition, and 3 rails on the
    top handle to allow for customization. The stock is pneumatic and designed to cushion
    the considerable kickback from firing full auto.

edit* unbricked the mighty wall of text

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Command and Conquer welcome,
    lay into me as much as you like.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's some quick sketches I did, I used a little color to make them less cluttered/confusing, and a nude I did more or less as anatomy practice. I'll try to start doing regular sketches for this thread instead of just the 1 drawing I'll make in photoshop once every 2 months.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Command and Conquer welcome,
    lay into me as much as you like.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.