Thread: Sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this stuff isnt bad... you just need to draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw then draw some more... Study anatomy take life drawing or copy pictures of ppl ALOT... if u do this and draw as much as you can u are deffinatly gonna get better

and dont expect too much attention on these boards alot of ppl dont give noobs too much they are busy giving the pro's praises, ( ps. nothin wrong with that).. im a half way noob and dont get very many posts on my sketchbook eather..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by slooie View Post
    this stuff isnt bad... you just need to draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw then draw some more... Study anatomy take life drawing or copy pictures of ppl ALOT... if u do this and draw as much as you can u are deffinatly gonna get better

and dont expect too much attention on these boards alot of ppl dont give noobs too much they are busy giving the pro's praises, ( ps. nothin wrong with that).. im a half way noob and dont get very many posts on my sketchbook eather..

Please don't pay attention to this. It's a horrible way to start, and horrible advice.

There are so many people here in CA.org and not everyone will get the comments they want. However you will always find helpful people if you look for it and there will be always be amazing instruction threads out there if you look! You cannot wait for everything to fall on your lap.. ;p it's being lazy!

Here's my personal advice to you.

Anyone can draw. anyone. It's our first impulse as children. it's our first form of expression , personally I learned to draw before I could even express words.

But there are some steps you need to take if you wish to turn your hobby into your life. If you are serious and commit yourself to it completely , you can do it.

You must learn as much as you can. Read as much as you can, observe it around you constantly and then practice it. Don't just buy art instruction books because you think you'll work on it one day, actually read them and learn! It'll show you what to look for, what to avoid, and then you must observe. To observe is perhaps one of the most important aspects of your development as an artist. Learn from the life around you.
    And then practice it every single day. Make it a routine. a training..

Learn about the basic principles and elements of design, learn from them, and make your works stronger.

Here's a start. This is a series of books made from one amazing artist and even greater teacher Andrew Loomis. He taught me so much and I hope it will do the same for you.

http://fineart.sk/index.php?cat=1

I suggest reading them in the following order
    1. Successful drawing
    2. Figure drawing for all it's worth
    3. Drawing the head and hands
    4. Creative Illustration

Learn, knowledge is key. You'll see it everywhere around you... and then it's just a matter of making your hand do it.

good luck my friend, I hope you stick around, and show the world your dedication…do not be discouraged if no one seems to be around.. believe me with 89,435 members, someone is bound to look.

work hard!

-Icon

¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey suggestion try drawing some anatomy sketches your faces are good but try bodies, hands, feet anything it will help your faces out hands and feet are the hardest thing to draw on a human i think but practice is everything but nice stuff keep drawing and postin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey I'm new here to0,,,

and I just wanted to say you that some great painters never studied in an art school so don't be sad..
    just practising and drawing more more more you can become a good and excellent painter ....

Here in CA I have seen many Sketchbooks of people without art studies and if you look at the first page and you look at the last one,, you'll probably say "omg these is a really good progress"

uhm sorry about my bad english...

Last edited by Clodioz; November 21st, 2007 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first time seeing your sketchbook. very good work here. your self portrait wow! the cross-hatching flows with the form and planes. nice work. GET TO THE NEAREST SCANNER ALREADY haha

save me with your crits!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Somehow your works seem out of focus on a digital(?) camera. But really, you have good stuff here....I'd like to see more than just portraits tho!

Keep it up!

Sketch book \/ \/ \/ \/ : p

The Gabblemancer Abides!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Hamtaro69, Just wanted to say your going the right path. I see some structure in your portrait drawings. Keep going at it. Structure is very important when drawing from life. One thing I must says is be careful on the tone paper studies, you don't want to mix your highlights(white chalk) with your shadows, always keep them apart, even if your not blending it. It will give a more realistic look. Make sure you get an anatomy book also, practice is good, but practice with knowledge is better.

I like Root Beer

My Sketchbook

BlogSpot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work, get cracked doing full figures if ya haven't,
    the longest you take to start doing them the hardest it will get,
    not to say you should stop the portrait work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dont get down because people sometimes don't comment, it has nothing to do with the quality of your sketches or whatsoever. People come here to look at some nice sketches, or see how their favourite artists of the community work.

How many sketchbooks did you commented today?

Thats why i try to give starters like me, lots of comments, i go everyday looking for sketchbooks with low number and replies, and try to give them some advice, tips, praises, or just to say that i saw their works and i believe they got potential.

You got potential too, just practice. As a advice, i would say, analyze the word 'practice' and see what it really means. Practicing isnt just drawing or making portraits, is drawing bones, muscles, from photos, life, other artists, sure you can practice doing portraits, but the way you look at your model, and how you analyze it and try to learn from it, is what really matters. Is trying new things.
    You got some nice portraits there, and got a nice rendering too. but i dont see any bones or muscles. Practice them too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy crap, man, size them images down!

Great work, though. I think I see some Loomis copies in there... It's hard to comment too much without seeing some more variety, but what you've got looks great. Keep it up!

ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"
    - _andreas_ - brunopicinini - funfetus - Suarezart -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi i like your hatching technique i got a lot of problems hatching and like's me a lot how it looks ..well let me share you that i took down my work because nobody make a post and was to big the scale of the pics to, but well everyday i think in that and push me to work more
    i almost don't have any time to post here at ca cause i need to pay bills since i was 18 but that is ok ..for me i am proud for everything i had learned is self- thought. you going to make it don't give up

sorry for my bad english ..

p.s. my avatar is an artwork i did for a colective miniature expo 7x7cm

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.