Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Illustration courses

Thanks
    Well... one thing about UWE that i can tell you about is that they like to misguide you
    Firstly.. on the letter about interviews, they said that only *some* people would get interviews, when infact everyone gets one.
    and Secondly, they said that we'd get our reply from them in under 2 weeks, and it has now been 2 weeks and one day without any form of contact...

Im joking if you cant tell.. but i really need a reply xD haha...im so impatient
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks EddTQ for the info. I checked out middlesex uni on wednesday not expecting much but I must admit I was overly impressed. One of there comp rooms were crazy, they had everything including wide A5 wacoms, woooo ^^ The tutors and resources were great. They only have 30 students a year so tricky to get in, inless your awesome like us ; )

Have they got gfx tablets at UWE? Please dont say there running macs...

Thanks
    Hey, Im currently studying on Edinburgh college of art. Takeing an architecture degree. This college has alot of history, and a great enviroment for creative students. And there is alot of awesome work!
    I saw someone saying "they cant even draw according to a newspaper", well maybe they are realy good in makeing models or painting. We all got diffrent skills in art, and ECA is realy good when it comes to this. BUT let me also say that the first A grade in over 20 years in anatomy drawing was handed out last year. So dont expect to come here and surf through college. You have to work your ass off no mather what your skills are.

Reputation on colleges are important. When i applied to UK i applied for some unis in London + glasgow and edinburgh. They where all schools with good reputation and history. And would look good on my cv

Edinburgh is a lively and great student city. I am myself an international student here btw.
    Gundersendesign
    My Sketchbook page [B]1 2
    Mentoring my Padawans
    Conceptart.org Gallery

- :: Bring Me That Horizon :: -
    Live the life you love, love the life you live

EddTQ is offline You don't need pants for the victory dance
    Thanks
    Quit: Yeah they do have wacom tablets at UWE (in bush house) - i couldn't tell what size but im currently running an A6 so they seemed HUGE to me.. im guessing either A5 wide or A4?
    - they're also running macs.. D: - lol mac is industry standard though so wherever we go i'm afraid we're probably gonna have to take the plunge and use a mac.. !

anteguardian:
    i haven't heard either, it's driving me crazy, i rang up on friday but the admin for the illustration dep. was out! She's gonna get back to me.. (Most likely after the letter has come though)
    where did you hear that UWE interviewed everyone?

Gundersen:
    i must admit that edinburgh is one of the uni's i was looking at but holy crap.. One A grade in twenty years?
    Is that because you have a horrible teacher for anatomy drawing or are all the subjects like that?

Edit: Make that two weeks and three days without a reply from UWE.. :/
    Last edited by EddTQ; February 18th, 2008 at 06:32 AM.
    "why do people with bad breath always want to tell you secrets?"

Thanks
    I didnt hear it anywhere officially... but when a friend went on the previous day, she said that everyone got interviewed, and when we went, everyone got interviewed, so i assume that everyone gets interviewed

It is also driving me crazy xD its gotten to the point where im just sitting on UCAS Track, and refreshing the page xD haha... its quite sad xD
    Its my last uni to reply

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EddTQ View Post

Gundersen:
    i must admit that edinburgh is one of the uni's i was looking at but holy crap.. One A grade in twenty years?
    Is that because you have a horrible teacher for anatomy drawing or are all the subjects like that?
    Hehe the study is hard, but if you enjoy its nice. On an art college you will get told alot of times that the stuff you have made you can just take and throw out the window basicly But in the end its worth it
    Gundersendesign
    My Sketchbook page [B]1 2
    Mentoring my Padawans
    Conceptart.org Gallery

- :: Bring Me That Horizon :: -
    Live the life you love, love the life you live

Thanks
    anteguardian - Oh i see! sorry i thought you meant everyone who applied got invited to the interview day regardless of personal statement etc!

i just rang up and nagged the admissions dep. again - the woman said that they've all been sent to the main site and should be on the UCAS track by latest tomorrow, hopefully sometime today! Huzzah! -
    (i bet im not even gonna get in after all this)

Thanks
    oooh xD i thought i may have been confusing you a little hehe...

Dont worry, youll get in ^^ just keep a positive frame of mind, and all is bound to go well...
    The *tough* part will be choosing which uni to pick as your firm and insurance :/

Thanks
    holy crap im glad i came across this thread
    Im also applying for illustration at UWE (other universities are availible ) via Route B, and some of the interview questions and tasks mentioned by people here would totally stump me, time to go prepare methinks!

Im a bit older then most people talking about applying in here, im 23, tried a graphic design degree and it didnt work out how i envisioned it. Illustration has really captured my imagination, its hard to get coherent work together when im not on a course, so im setting myself briefs and projects instead.

I think the deadline for applying via route B is March 7th, anyone know when the interviews will start (Im putting UWE as first choice)

Thanks
    I think the route b interviews start late march/april - it's different for each uni though so who knows really?
    - also i have a friend at college who's applid to uni this year and he's 25!
    (he looks about 16 though, it's quite strange sometimes)

I heard from UWE, my application was unsucessful, they didn't give a reason...
    i'm guessing it's probably because i got a U at art a level and i had to put it on my application...!!
    (i left half way through the year and didn't get pulled from the course)

- it's all kool though i've got into plymouth already and i'm gonna move in with my friends down there, we just bought a £200 football table together and we have a viewing for a house we might be renting tomorrow!
    i don't think plymouth has a very good name for illustration and the facillities certainly aren't as swish as bristol but they have a HUGE professional printing studio with the facilities to print professional books (i'm a book freak..)

..and i'm from torquay and would REALLY miss not living by the sea..

(i'm thinking of getting failure tatooed on me )

Thanks
    lol.. well.. your not the only one just checked and mine was Unsuccessful too xD

Ah well... looks like im going to Aberystwyth for Fine Art which is also by the sea!

Thanks
    Ack! I haven't even sent my UCAS off yet! I was meant to last Friday but I was violently ill the Thursday and remained so until yesterday. I know I've still got time and my personal statement and everything's done, but I'd prefer it was all sent and gone by now.

Thanks for the info about the interviews, I'm normally quite good at blathering my way through that sort of thing, but I should probably prep for once

Right now I'd just be glad if I get in anywhere. UWE's still my No.1 though.

Thanks
    Does anyone know anything about Middlesex uni?

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast