Thanks

Questions for my first sculpture

Inspired by the great works i've found in this thread , i'm trying to sculpt my first "something" , basically i'm looking to learn 3d modelling with blender and to aid myself in the process i'm also studying drawing/concept art and now traditional sculpting...

Hoping to start simple , i choose that my first work will be Jack Skellington from the nightmare before christmas

I'm drawing a 45° degree pose of the character , using movie stills and images form google i've done the pose (that actually refers to the size of the final sculpture) and i'm finishing up my reference image.

So where to start..i have some basic sculpting tool that i'm looking to customize to better suite my job (i think i need to make them smaller and tiny for some more precision sculpting) and then i have 3 blocks of grey Super Sculpey FIRM , i'm also thinking at the armature structure (don't know if it's better the groin of feet support)

So...any advice or opinions are welcome , i hope to post some WIP as soon al possible...hope my reference image will look good because i'm also learning draw so i'm trying my best

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wether you attatch the armature at the feet or the back is totally up to you, i prefer feet. And seems like you have plenty of sculpey so don't worry about running out If you start and post pictures or ask specific questions you'll get more reactions i bet. Can't wait to see what you come up with though i love Jack!
    X