Polygon monster

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Polygon monster

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Polygon monster

Polygon monster

I'm in a huge pickle I was doing something to warp my style with a totally angular character (I do organic types most of the time) (also it isn't a robot either) I feel as though the color is messed up and I missing something what do you think.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know what the hell that guy is but it's pretty awesome and I want one. Ok... colour... well, I think your main problem is that you've shaded like it's soft and round but outlined with ultra-straight edges. You need to pick a direction and go with it. Also, the colours are being overpowered by your huge inky lines, so maybe making them very bright would help.

I tried a paint-over to see if it would work, and noticed while I was doing it that you have no defined light source. There are highlights under his boobs and stomach but also coming from above? whaaat? If you were going for dual sources it doesn't work. I could only be bothered reshading the left side but you get the idea.
    Name:  paintover.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  139.5 KB

I'm bad at sketchbooks, have a tumblr!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxinShocks View Post
    I don't know what the hell that guy is but it's pretty awesome and I want one. Ok... colour... well, I think your main problem is that you've shaded like it's soft and round but outlined with ultra-straight edges. You need to pick a direction and go with it. Also, the colours are being overpowered by your huge inky lines, so maybe making them very bright would help.

I tried a paint-over to see if it would work, and noticed while I was doing it that you have no defined light source. There are highlights under his boobs and stomach but also coming from above? whaaat? If you were going for dual sources it doesn't work. I could only be bothered reshading the left side but you get the idea.
    Name:  paintover.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  139.5 KB
    Thanks indeed I'll work on that (I woke up just a couple of moments ago). Those aren't highlights the segments (the yellow right) I was worried about this one because folks often say my colors are too vibrant I'll get on right away.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Polygon monster

this any better?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.