Thread: Repost

Thanks

Repost

This is the sculpt that I am currently working on. I like where it's going personally but I'm always eager to hear what other people have to say. Only way to improve right?
    Last edited by Self Made Stuff; October 18th, 2007 at 05:14 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey mate, well they're smaller but still too big for the screen. Why don't ya try a width of 700px or something, you can edit too instead of starting a new topic

The sculpt looks nice, care to give a bit more info on it?
    X

Thanks
    Not much story to the guy. He sat in my sketch book for about a year and I finally figured I put him in clay.

Thanks
    Yes much better!

Pretty cool character! Love the little dragon on his shoulder too
    Gonna paint him?
    X

Thanks
    NICE!! i love the concept that guy looks dangerous...yet friendly...good ally ...bad enemy...specially if he can handle raising a dragon! hehe ...and even the slight busty type of sculpture (partial lower body) although not exactly a classical practice...this approach has giving me ideas...the appearance of emerging from whatever hes sitting on...have you ever tried some turpenoid?...i use it when smoothing the bulk features of my sculpy and major shapes...i usually use alcohol when smoothing finer details...would look pretty sweet painted! i like the use of the metal balls (are those BBs?) purposely omitted from the left eye? great texture as well...i'm quite intrigued and i wonder, how did you make those textures? haha i also noticed he's balding pretty sweet so he is experienced dragon raiser....wish i could see the other arm more tho...is he holding some sort of club or something? Great attention to detail and armor..overall i love this piece...cant wait to see your next one!

Salute,
    snAke

Thanks
    I usually use Goo Gone for smoothing it out. It's a cheap alternative that has always worked just as well. I used black beads for the dragon eyes, they can appear directional so they add character, the "orge's" eye is actually a ball berring and when done will remain silver so it looks like he's missing the eye. The textures are all done by hand using brushes and rubber paint pushers, size zero, medium weight. This is going to be part of a larger piece " The Dragon, the Bitch and the Warlord, This part covers the Dragon and the Warlord. His left arm, was quite fragile and I have to rebuild it. It had a chain attached to it in the place of a hand and went over his shoulder to a big mourning star. I should get that rebuilt tomorrow.

Thanks
    Sorry it took so long to get back with this but the evening I posted the first pics my boss managed to catapult the sculpture across the room while changing a lightbulb. At least it was funny. here it is again, with repairs done.

Thanks
    eesh you burnt the shit out of it =(
    but still very cool

Thanks
    Yeah, I burn the shit out of the thin things if I know I'm going to paint it. The parts that are burned are the only parts that have been cooked at all, too thin to leave unbaked because gravity is enough to distort it and it's to thin for an armature.