Sketchbook: IMBass's Sketchbook - Page 2
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IMBass's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I've gotten 3 point perspective down pretty well. Going to download the Carl Dobsky vids payday as well.

I've moved to drawing shadows. I'm not certain if I have constructed this one right. I have done it with pencil and paper and done it correctly but this digital study for some reason looks incorrect. Can someone confirm whether or not it is correct for me? It's super late, my brain is failing me and I have to work in the morning but I needed to get something accomplished for the night.

P.S. I have PSElements, is there a way to draw a straight line and see where it is going to cross things? I know how to draw a straight line but I don't know where the hell it's going to cross so I just eyeball it until it crosses where I need it to. Thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    The first step - especially for young people with energy and drive and talent, but not money - the first step to controlling your world is to control your culture. To model and demonstrate the kind of world you demand to live in. To write the books. Make the music. Shoot the films. Paint the art.
    -Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can also use is book "Perspective Made Easy by Norling" as a study/reference. It has very clear explanations and the book is somewhat pocket-sized.

*** Sketchbook and other stuff ***

Flashback's SB

Anatomy Atlas

Digital Galleries

Visit & Support:
    http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flashback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One more shadow for the books.

The first step - especially for young people with energy and drive and talent, but not money - the first step to controlling your world is to control your culture. To model and demonstrate the kind of world you demand to live in. To write the books. Make the music. Shoot the films. Paint the art.
    -Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In the words of Agent Smith.....More.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry about multiple posts. I didn't think I was going to be drawing this much today. I'll hold onto them and post all at once next time.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey IMBass, you're off to a great start! The Mako and the lilies look excellent! What anatomy books are you studying? May I suggest "Constructive Anatomy" by George Bridgeman it's 8 bucks new and worth ten times that IMHO. I can tell from your anatomy studies that you are looking too much at outline and not thinking about form and volume enough, that's fine for now, but the sooner you start to see the underlying structures the better. Keep cranking art out!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IanLlanas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the Bridgman recommendation. I'll track a copy down. You pretty much pinpointed my problem with drawing people. I decided to start over with the basics and move forward. Starting with perspective and environments.

The anatomy books are Human Anatomy For Artists and Anatomy Drawing School by András Szunyoghy/Dr. György Fehér

Last edited by IMBass; January 9th, 2009 at 03:35 AM.
    -Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like you're building a strong foundation to move forward from, Keep at it, this looks positive

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PeNcIl ReBeLlIoN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I bought the Dobsky Vol. 1 and 2 videos. Invaluable stuff in there. I recommend to everyone. Waiting on Vol. 3.

I was going to post the stuff I did using Dobsky's method but I didn't know if that was cool.....so....here is an idea I have had in my head for a while, it is a scene from a dream I had a long time ago. I'd really like to flesh it out and do a kick ass job on it. We'll see.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sketch dump! I'm back and I have a scanner. Scanner and a Wacom, I have no excuse to not post now. I prefer my pencils though, digital just doesn't feel right yet.

Just some sketchbook stuff and some work I've been doing from CCSears mentoring thread.

I'll dump the rest once I can borrow some internetz and resize them.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great studies, keep up with it, they will show of

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Brun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's the rest. This is what I've been doing in between classes and work. Bridgman, life studies, Lemen, posemaniacs and I'm reading drawing on the right side of the brain and watching Massive Black vids.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there IMBass,
    thanks for commenting in my sketch. Really enjoyed following the improvement in yours. I haven't gotten into any real anatomy studies yet. You think I should try and copy the drawings in Bridgman's "Constructive anatomy"? (have it as pdf) Or is it to early, better to keep at gesture drawings (posemaniacs)? How valuable are the negative space drawings at posemaniacs compared to the gesture ones? Many questions to get through the lovely jungle that's art...

Keep up the good work :-)
    ~M

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some posemaniacs.com gestures I did at lunch just before work.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Little more before bed. Any advice?

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yesterday's work. Bridgman again and gestures.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The only thing I got done yesterday. I had to work a double shift. Bleh.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have you ever felt like you were in an art class but not learning a damned thing? Thats how I'm feeling right now with my Intermediate Design and Color class. I'm in class, she is talking but I'm learning nothing. I thought I would come out the other end of the class with something to add to my small skill set. Nope. Anyway, here is yesterday's little bit.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did some shitty drawing today. Watched Seven Pounds and tried to sketch from it but got frustrated and called it a night.

I hope that the artists I look up to were as shitty as I am right now at some point in their life, otherwise what the hell am I doing.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy

Been absent a few days. Working through Betty Edwards book plus dealing with these last few weeks of school. I'm a little shaky tonight, don't know why.

Here is my shit attempt at Altair from Assassin's Creed to break up the monotony of my studies. It is from reference of course. I might finish it later, I'm not sure.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fuck it. I'm done with it. I hate it, couldn't muster the motivation to finish it proper. Isaac Clarke is up next to be butchered.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried to edit my previous post to add the reference image. It was being stupid for some reason and I couldn't edit anything so I'm just replying to my own post.

I figured if I posted the reference picture I might actually get some advice. So, here it is.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I've been in the process of moving into a new apartment and sorting out some other life stuff. Studying Bridgman, some gestures and a little WIP of Isaac Clarke. There are some repeats in there because I figure it is better to repeat than to study once and move on. C and C are more than welcome. Thanks.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice walktrough with the perspective tutorial those hand studies really makes a difference keep up the great sketching!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to eparts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lot going on lately. Lost my job. Looking for a new one. Haven't been working on art as much as I should.

Got into an Industrial Design class with VogelA. I'm excited about that. If I produce anything worth a crap in there I'll post it in here as well. If I am ever to get into the films and games industry I need to get to work. I'm being a lazy ass.

Anyway, here is a little bit more of the work I've done on Isaac Clarke from Dead Space.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -Dump

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got a job, looking for another. Moving to Seattle in September, at least that is the plan.

Dump...Bridgman, Kevin Chen studies and a WIP of a crab I started a while back from reference.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sketchbook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.