modDB Concept Art Competition

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

modDB Concept Art Competition

As a pre activity to MOTY 2007 The Art insitute Online and modDB have organised a concept art competition of artistic proportions.

Feature: Concept Art Competition - Mod DB

Join in and get in the running for some great prizes (yet to be confirmed) including wacom tablets and graphics software.

The Art Institute Online challenges you to bring forth your single most striking, awe inspiring and breathtaking original game art. Bring us your best work... the rendering you are most proud of... the one you show to anyone you want to consider you as a "game artist"... the one you would like the world to see.

In return, we'll give that art "its day in court" and let the Mod DB, Addon DB community and our esteemed judging panel from The Art Institute Online determine if your work truly is professional grade.

Now is your chance to bring your best game art forward for recognition, fame and prizes.
    Hope to see you guys take part.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    well that looks tasty!

i'm still competing in this one though, i've already got a pretty nice idea for a lifter, rendering shall commence post haste!

Thanks
    Well, I don't think I have too big of a chance, but I'm going to participate anyway ^^

Thanks
    ugh... unless im going crazy they just extended the deadline 20 days... so since i was going out of country tomorrow i was cramming it in... and now i have till november 20th...

also the wording seems to have changed, stating this doesn't have to be intentionally created for the contest... -_-

Thanks
    does anyone know if this is supose to be images of actual characters, scenes etc.. taken from an actual game and interpretated our own way or are they asking for totaly new characters for a game type. I only ask becouse of copyright reasons, i dont want to creat an image only to be discqualified later becouse ive taken someone elses character design.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grenogs View Post
    does anyone know if this is supose to be images of actual characters, scenes etc.. taken from an actual game and interpretated our own way or are they asking for totaly new characters for a game type. I only ask becouse of copyright reasons, i dont want to creat an image only to be discqualified later becouse ive taken someone elses character design.
    they have a thread up that explains all the poorly stated rules, but yes, it has to be original, has to be created specifically for the contest, and has to adhere in any interpretation to one (or any) of the seven topics

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.