Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    V.I.N - Yeah.. I'm soon finished doing studies from Bridgmans "Constructive Anatomy" but that's just one of the Bridgman books i own.. hehe.. more to come!

On a serious note though, as long as I feel I gain something from the practice I think I will continue doing it. After this book (will finish it off in the next post) I'll probably continue working on gesture and maybe tonal anatomy studies...

As far as imaginative goes.. that is one of my goals for sure, but I feel that much more foundational knowledge is needed before doing something like that. I do however get lots of ideas, original designs etc.. but feel that I am not proficient enough to realize them at this time. Drawing from life will probably/hopefully also become part of my daily routine.

Thanks for looking and your suggestions!

laxon - Thanks a lot for your kind words!
    "Less questions. More doing.
    Learn by doing. Learn how to learn without asking a million questions. Learn to trust advice. Learn to go with your gut, to go on your own volition. Go. Do."
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Coll stuff man, that baby portrait was pretty amazing, it actually looked real!

Thanks
    Demon Lizardman - Thank you! That was my first or second painting with my, at the time, new wacom. Took ridiculously long time.. I don't know.. almost 30 hours if I recall correctly. Pure shading practice, and I was really satisfied back then. Good practice I guess! Haven't been much drawing on the Wacom since then.. but I think that is about to change!

Here is finally the last batch from Bridgman's "Constructive anatomy".

What did I learn? Not what I initially intended or thought. I was targeting an understanding of the muscles, bones, insertion points, planes and masses.. Instead I think my hand/brain coordination, line confidence, proportion, "drawing each day"-areas where what improved most.

I think this boils down to me not having these basic skills of drawing. It feels like it gets easier though, so absorbing concepts etc should become more manageble when the basics are in place!

Next up I guess I'll start dabbling a bit more with gestures and get into tonal representation of anatomy.
    Learn by doing. Learn how to learn without asking a million questions. Learn to trust advice. Learn to go with your gut, to go on your own volition. Go. Do."
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Thanks

Hands..

More Bridgman. Delving into his book "The book of a hundred hands" now.

Been doing gestures too but I still feel very dissatisfied about the look of them. Will practice a bit more before posting some of that.
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Thanks
    More hand studies.
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Thanks
    And more..
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Thanks

continued..

hands, hands, hands..
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Thanks
    For lack of other stuff... more Bridgman.
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Thanks
    More hands.
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Thanks
    Still hammering away!
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Thanks
    ... and more...
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Thanks
    A couple more.
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Thanks
    Another batch..
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Thanks
    Chronberg nice Bridgman studies I'm working my way through one of his book as well. Your hands look really good have you thought about trying to draw your own hand in different poses?

Thanks
    Marian Rowling - Thanks! Yeah.. I've thought about doing that and probably will a bit further down the road. Will finish of this book first and then add some more variety when it comes to drawing exercises. More general sketching and gestures, digital stuff etc. As it is now my sb is waaaay to boring to go through.. if you don't happen to like so-so reproductions of Bridgman that is
    - Kev Ferrara

sketchbook

blog

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast