VOTING! EOW#67 Center of the Labyrinth

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Center of the Labyrinth

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Crazy Dude SRD

0 0%
  • Morrigana

0 0%
  • A_J_Casperite

0 0%
  • Gaius

32 54.24%
  • [DAN]

15 25.42%
  • Corrick

11 18.64%
  • Sangheili117

0 0%
  • edujante

1 1.69%
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

~bag 'em and tag 'em people!

"Center of the Labyrinth"

the crazy dude SRD
    -The Labyrinth of Flesh, Thought, and Self-
    This is the visualized representation of the visions from a monk's meditations. He seen a great field of paths, each flowing and ripping into each other. In the center of the quagmire of living stone was three towers, the first revealed a complicated maze full of riddles and questions, twists and turns. After passing though, he found the next tower was but a single room. Even though many others had entered with him, he found himself alone. The daunting challenge of understanding himself eluded his chances to see the third tower. He spoke of it almost like he was within grasp of true enlightenment.

morrigana
    The darkened forest was a blight upon the land, twisted beyond recognition, only the darkest of creatures dwelling in it. Generations had watched it spread through healthy lands, claiming them for some dark need. Priests and adventures alike ventured into the depths, only a scarce few returning. Their babbling madness told of a labyrinth at the center, its walls like spongy flesh, its shape a cavorting madhouse of otherworldly geometries. Sinister was this labyrinth, and most sinister of all was the solid obsidian gate looming in the center.

Adventurers still quested through the forest, and still died for their folly. Whispers soon moved amongst the dark mages, tales of power awaiting those strong enough to unlock the door. Wizened old arcanists and young bright novices made the trek, and most joined the demented denizens of the forest. Only one stunning prodigy had the strength of will to maintain his sanity and find the obsidian gate in the center.

But was he strong enough to face what lay on the other side? The world of chaos that had spawned the labyrinth in the first place was all too eager to claim another delicious soul.

A_J_Casperite
    On this fiery world you must race as quickly as you can through the labyrinth of walkways and shafts up to the top of the ancient tower to the portal that will carry you to the next world and an uncertain fate.

Gaius
    " Go east till the men speak Italian and continue until they speak something else, there you will find a Labyrinth and at it's center the tower of our order.Only the truly worthy shall pass through. "

[DAN]
    The story: in a not very very distant future, Neopolis the most rich city in the face of earth have a very major problem with the immigration.They are too many and too mixed so the mayor of the city have found an unusual method to reduce to the half the number of immigrants.Put them to compete!Every group of 10000 must choose a team of their best man and wemen. There are always 2 teams wich compete in the same time ,the one who wins get the citizenship rights to the people whom they represent.The rules are very simple the both team start in the same time ,every team has his own labirynth.The labirynth has the capacity to change itself so the team who manage to find the way out and touch the "Neopolis citizenship" three times win the game.The competition is hold on the "Acceptus Extraneus" stadion.

corrick
    ::"Gunnar was the probabilities expert. Got us off our asses, kept us moving, mostly in the right direction. After he bought it, we pretty much had to guess our way out, but we were almost through anyway. That bastard and his math saved our lives."

::Alec Pew, Engineer's mate
    ::Theseus 1 Delphi Labyrinth Exploratory Mission : Debriefing begun 0230 GMT
    ::11/05/57

sangheili117
    sevral thousand years into the future humanity built a Labryinth spanning 1,000 square miles. The Labryinth was built to contain the, ever growing number of prison convicts across the globe. murderers, psychopathes and crime overlords were sent here when caught. The Labryinth full of traps and weapons had one way out to freedom......the Center of the Labryinth.

but to get there, however, the convict would have to survive the traps, and one another.....

edujante
    Ricky mouse has to find the center of the laberint and find the Nasty rochefort cheese.If not, all the rt population will be extinct....

Last edited by chaosrocks; October 14th, 2007 at 10:58 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Texahol For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am not on poll..buahhhhhhhh buahhhh, snif snif...well

This round the best render and also espectacular colour and draw is for Dan,of course. Congratulations
    But i voted Corrick, the mood and also the racional architecture mixed with this retro Barbarella style captivated me.Well do it Corrick!!!
    Spetial mention to GAIUS a very sublime mood

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for dan, its a nice piece, plus all that detail i think he deserves to win. realy liked corricks, great colour and atmosphere, i think it was let down by the main character though, mainly due to it looking like she/she is staring at the me/the viewer, looks out of place. Also liked gaius, even though the building reminds me of the castle in shrek. Other than that, it also had great atmosphere.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for DAN
    I like Gaius' work as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    edujante... fixed sorry
    I got tied up with actual work.

Tex is my hero of th emoment for bailing me out and settig this up

If anyone wants to change their vote. pm me and I can fix it
    thanks
    Chaos

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for [DAN]

I also like concepts of Gaius, corrick and edujante.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Gaius because I felt the image matched the challenge the most. Good job by all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Gaius, very good powerful lighting and composition ( perhaps too much focused on the character). Though i think the design of the tower and the perspective could have been more interesting, less flat.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gaius, after seeing a few of your eow's I can't help but feel you're just doing the same thing over and over compositionally. I saw this weeks entry and IMMEDIATELY thought of the temple of solomon entry [i actually thought it was the same one with a taller tower]

otherwise, you probably would have gotten my vote. don't forget the road to improvement is filled with experimentation.

and edujante, sorry I missed you on the poll...I thought I got everyone :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Yea it is quite similar indeed you are right.

I have lots of other stuff too. Call it my weakness for big skies.

I sense a religous trilogy coming on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gaius: that's great work, wish I could see more of your works but you don't have a link to a website or an SB... Anyways, great job on this one.

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.