Images lose contrast when exported from painter

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Images lose contrast when exported from painter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Images lose contrast when exported from painter

I have a problem where after I export my images from Painter (either as jpg for posting online, or as tga for final touch up in Photoshop), the images are always lighter, have less contrast and different colors (for instance blue in painter becomes purple in Photoshop) . I've tried reseting the colors/brightness and contrast of images in Photoshop, but I can't get them to look as good as they did Painter.

I know there are color profiles in Photoshop, but I can't find anything like that in Painter. I've always used the default color settings in Photoshop - should I use a different one instead?

Does anyone know what I need to do to get my images out of Painter intact?

Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Re: Images lose contrast when exported from painter

Originally posted by barcode
    I have a problem where after I export my images from Painter (either as jpg for posting online, or as tga for final touch up in Photoshop), the images are always lighter, have less contrast and different colors (for instance blue in painter becomes purple in Photoshop) . I've tried reseting the colors/brightness and contrast of images in Photoshop, but I can't get them to look as good as they did Painter.

I know there are color profiles in Photoshop, but I can't find anything like that in Painter. I've always used the default color settings in Photoshop - should I use a different one instead?

Does anyone know what I need to do to get my images out of Painter intact?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi barcode,

As I understand it, this problem occurs when Painter and Photoshop are operating in different color spaces.

In Photoshop 7, go to Color Settings> Working Spaces> RGB, and select 'monitor RGB' as your color space. Adobe suggest that this setting is used if other applications in your work flow do not support color management.

Although Painter can support color management, there are known issues with it in Painter 8, so it is probably best to leave Painter color management switched off.

David

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great, thanks for the info sandman!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.