Anyone know much about credits transfering between schools?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Anyone know much about credits transfering between schools?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anyone know much about credits transfering between schools?

I went to community college, transfered into the Art Institute of California, (its not a terrible school but im not gonna get into that ordeal right now cuz im kinda rushed, so later) and am looking to transfer out to CSU Fullerton. I know my community college credit is good to go but anyone if CSU's allow the accredidation from AI classes? or at least the GE classes? I know its kinda iffy and im in the process of finding out but the cal' schools said itll take 8 weeks to get a solid answer for whatever reason. I'll update this later with clearer info, any help is appreciated greatly.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is probably a question sooner answered by the CSU Admissions/ Regisration people as opposed to any of us here. Why it'll take 8 weeks is beyond me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    they said because we're trying to obtain this info too far ahead, and that we havent even applied for the school so they cant help us, my friend called to see what we can find out and i guess the lady was super rude and giving him attitude, ah well

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by xxEnder View Post
    they said because we're trying to obtain this info too far ahead, and that we havent even applied for the school so they cant help us, my friend called to see what we can find out and i guess the lady was super rude and giving him attitude, ah well
    It definitely seems much more rude than informative!

Don't get me wrong; I'm not questioning your sincerity in asking this question at all. It's a very valid question in my book. Because what if your original intent was to take classes at a community college and have them transfer the credits over to CSU (even though you're not enrolled yet)- you'd like to think that CSU would give you a list of what classes to take so you wouldn't be wasting your time (and money) taking useless classes. Given this scenario, you'd even want to know this information prior to the semester starting! Too early? It doesn't make sense to me at all.

Sometimes certain offices just aren't staffed with the people with the best of attitudes or intents I guess. I wish you well and be persistant. This is information you need in order to make an informed decision. Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well we've gotten sheets before because we actually started at a cc and started working our way through the sheet earning transfer credit for a cal state, but then we decided to try the art institute and found out how minimal the foundational studies are (2 painting classes just isnt enough, although the anatomy teacher is amazing) plus the student body isnt exactly what i expected (how can you complain about drawing when youre a game art or animation major?!!!)

Our plan now is to go back to community college, finish up any left over units and if possible start csu fullerton in fall 08. while were back at our cc we'll be self studying and maybe taking workshops under vilppu or ca atilier.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    our school called fullerton and the credits pretty much will transfer. Just letting you know if theres anyone else looking for similar info.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.