Sketchbook: Yngling || Scribbling and scratching on the paper...

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Malakuko: Thank you kindly. The story will probably center around a dukes court, seen through the eyes of a musician, but more on that later... I meant that the way I usually sketch with pencil is in very small format, where a small mark can imply a lot. On a larger scale, this is less so, and I am more confronted with the limits of pencil. It is predominantly a linear instrument that can't handle large areas of tone as well. For that I rather use chalk like Conté, which has some of the best of both. But that's all just a matter of preference.

To the PSes: I don't care much for soccer, but it's a pity yeah. About the digital technique, it's not that exciting. When working in PS I used to start from a middle grey tone and work up towards white and down to black from that. It makes the values more manageable.

Liam Harvey: Reactions like that are always a treat I'm glad you like what I do, I'll keep doing it!

Capital G: Those are so much fun to do. And especially for you, I present:

...more sketchbook pages! During the 3 weeks of holiday I have just come back from, I have attempted to flesh out the concept for my little graphic novel project. Lots of writing and loose ideas but no solid plot yet.

It will be more political in nature, and centers around a possible betrayal to take place during a court feast, but mostly it will be about preventing it from happening. It's like a crime story, but the crime has yet to be committed, or might not be committed at all. So far the vague descriptions...

Here's some pages with text and sketches, some more elaborate than others. They help me visualize the world I'm thinking up. I'm especially pleased with the row of tiny people, that was mighty fun to draw.

Attached Images Attached Images              
    Last edited by Yngling; August 7th, 2010 at 05:18 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Yngling For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1