Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Yngling || Scribbling and scratching on the paper...

Thanks

Yngling || Scribbling and scratching on the paper...

Hello there!

Welcome to my sketchbook! I hope you'll take the time to look at some of my scribblings an perhaps leave me a crit or two.

I started this book to set some sort of goal for myself, to really get something done regularly, and of course to hear some comments from you guys. This site has got me all excited about art again, and I'm very grateful for that. I can't wait to go to art school next year!
    Last edited by Yngling; October 21st, 2010 at 07:18 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    And here we have some random face and hand studies. For the faces, no reference was used, I just scribble something and just see how it turns out. For the hands I used my own hands as reference from time to time. Should do that a lot more often! The last one is a random robot, mainly meant as a practice in rendering metal.
    Last edited by Yngling; October 23rd, 2007 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks
    Here's an inked pice I did recently. I'm rather pleased with it, even though the rendering leaves to be desired. I just love how drawings can just emerge out of a single line, like this piece did.

Thanks
    And finally some digital sketches, one of my window around the evening, and one of some random guy with a glowing hand of some sort. In case you're wondering, the ugly brown strokes on the windowpane are my attempt at rendering the light coming form my lamp...

Thanks
    The inked trees really are great. I don't think it really needs any filling, except maybe the background. Looks complete just the way it is I'd love to see more pieces like that! Nice hand and face studies to boot... keep the posts up
    If you're going to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

-Oscar Wilde

My Old SB Needs Your Criticism!
    My New SB Needs Your Criticism! [Last Page]
    My deviantART Page
    iMaiM demands you go see Dennis Currie's Sketchbook!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iMaiM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your work with pencil very good and your digital paintings need more and more hours of practice. But don't worry... me too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shankara For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Shankara:Yes it's true, I'm not too good at digital painting yet, and these pieces show it all the more because they are really quick sketches that didn't take longer than half an hour. So far, I prefer traditional methods anyway, it's just more real and satisfying.

Alright, let's not fill this post with just talk. Here's some more face studies I did, a character sketch, and something I did from reference. Can't give you the ref though, I have no idea where I found it anymore

Thanks
    looking good so far! just keep on going now keep it up!

Thanks
    I'm getting the hang of this Here's a piece I've started working on this afternoon, a little rough in some spots but I work rather unsystematic. Well, maybe not that unsystematic, I always start with the most interesting part
    About the subject, it's just your standard galactic overlord on his throne, planning his ultimate attack to ensure total domination, or just enjoying a moment alone in his throne room...

Thanks
    Continuing with some more PS speedpainting...Ik kind of like the mood I got here

Thanks
    Hey, I'm back again with some new pencil drawings. First are a few faces (again), and then a little conquistador-esque sketch. I did some PS sketches too, but none of them are worth showing...at the moment.

Thanks
    I've just come back from my vacation and still have a lot of traditional sketches waiting to be scanned, but for now I have a PS image I redid lately. Looking back at most of my digital paintings I came to the conlusion I was far too shy in using values! Most of the pictures just looked dull and gained so much from just a little tweaking of the contrast. With that in mind I mace some changes to a sketch of mine from some time ago and it came out way better than the original.

The person in the picture was originally just meant as practice, but she has become some sort of cyber-zombie. She has been brainwashed by staring at screens all day, just as I feel sometimes after working on the computer for hours. It always gives me such a headache and I'm constantly staring and feeling numb...I imagine this girl feels just like that, in some future world where there are screens and monitors everywhere, and your senses are constantly bombarded with information. Can't be good for you...

Thanks
    Hmmm I really need to crank out more work in order to get noticed here This is a PS doodle I worked out a bit, not in the direction I originally wanted it to but it's always nice when something just comes together without planning. At first I tried some exaggerated anatomy, and then made it into some sort of giant standing in front of a cityscape. Since he was bending over like he was bracing himself for something I added a few blasts and gunfire and helicopters to make it into some sort of Hulk scenario. It's still WIP, though I don't know when I'll finish it. I'm already doing other pieces right now.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast