Thread: my model

Thanks

my model

hi heres a character im doing in school, any guidance on topology or anatomy would be great appriciated.

cheers

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I've never formally studied anatomy so this might sound like I'm blowing it out of my ass, but here goes.

The trapezius looks too wide. There should be a step somewhere where the deltoid ends and then the muscle tapers off sharply when it goes down the spine. The way it is right now, it covers up the bony protrusions from the scapula and makes the back a little bit less defined. On top of that, I don't think it's usually that prominent.

On a smaller, more anal note, the ass cheeks look a bit malformed on the bottom inner area where it should meet the groin. Rounding it out should help.

my model

As for the front side, the wrapped around the ribcage so that step there implies something about the shape of the ribcage. Smoothing/flattening the area below the pecs should help.

my model

A quick glance at that's what stands out. Fix those three things up, and I think you've got a pretty awesome model there. Hell, it's awesome right now! Keep doing your stuff!

Thanks
    hi thanks a lot your defenitly right about those areas. this my first complete model ive done in 3d, and as u can see the transition between paper and computer is a little difficult for me, but will work harder. Will update soon

Thanks
    well...it's pretty ok for a first model. there's too much pinching across the centerline...try to smooth it. It probably occurs because you modeled a half of your character and then mirrored it without doing some tweaking afterwards.