Just thought id get some opinions on art school in co area

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Just thought id get some opinions on art school in co area

hi everybody im new to this site and think its just awesome, anyway ive been out of hs for about 4yrs now and am looking into going to art school(have been ever since i could remember). I was accepted to AI right out of hs but I didnt get very serious about it until now. What im wondering is does anyone have experience with any art schools(i mean real experience not just what you've heard) in the colorado, midwest area. Im not really good at perspective or anatomy and all that so Id like to take some basic classes first then maybe move on to some computer courses. What I want to do is be an illustrator or something of that sort but im not sure if thats going to be a good idea since everything is computers now. I really havent had much experience with computers besides some adobe classes back in hs that im sure i've already forgotten. Also im not sure how im going to go about doing all this financially or whatever. If anyone can help on this matter that would be greatly appreciative thank you,kevin. Oh yah i just read in previous forum that this site was created by a couple grads from ringling. I took some classes down there in sarasota sophmore yr. Great school i would love to go there. Actually my parents live im miami how far is ringling from there? Sorry for long post bye,kevin.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow so nobody knows jack huh bah. i guess ill just have to enroll and see for myself late,kevin.:o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You might want to check out Loveland Academy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    loveland academy ehh? ok thnxs anyone else have any othe comments id appreciate it alot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs down

Sorry for the late post, I just hope you didn't decide to go to AIC! The school sucks, the teachers suck, and if you're majoring in computer animation, the dept chair sucks as well. Almost every art instructor there can only say negative things about peoples' work and give zero constructive criticism. My life drawing instructor would literally walk around the room, pick up a student's drawing and show the class, saying, "This is the WRONG way to do it, people." Then he'd hand it back and say, "that sucks, do it over." Nothing about WHAT the student did wrong, or how to improve it.

There were two good teachers there, but I heard one left because the school was going to make him get a masters in art in order to be able to teach. The guy had been working in 3d since the 80's and had started learning Max since it was in DOS. The school seems to think that teachers with masters degrees are better for students than those with real-world experience.

One last time, do NOT go to AIC. Horrible!
    -Bad Mange

If I ventured in the slipstream between the viaducts of your dreams
    Where immobile steel rims crack and the ditch in the back roads stop
    Could you find me?
    - Van Morrison, "Astral Weeks"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude. .. . .everyone gets accepted at AI's, they want your money not your talent.
    you don't even have to take an SAT test to get in. LOOK in a different direction if you have a specific direction. I know all the teAchers there and the only one who's got mad props is DON LONG and FLaNO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah what baDMANAGE SAID..............

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.