Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I'm allergic to apples, can I do grapes?

D;

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    woop! good stuff guys/gals, will try and comment soon on them fruits..

gringoloco, no idea what the two dots actually do.. it was kinda ermm random I think.. *shrug* hehe works for me tho..

AChipps, it's a decent start.. but u really need ur wacom.. it's for your own good and health wise too... well if u draw 8~10 hrs a day it may become more clearer for you. As for painting portraits, you may have better luck with crits in critique section, this thread is more about observation and trying it out in PS.. and also the reason we "try" and use hard edge.. nothing wrong with soft edge.

naomiful, errmm allergic to apples? WOAH! dude... u are missing out.. heh.. yeah grapes and whatevers lying around ur desk!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bumskee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Just got my Wacom this morning and have been painting and browsing this thread since. I'm so excited!
    Didn't have an apple so I drew a teacup that was on my desk.
    And there was a glass there as well so I drew that instead of a beer bottle.
    Digital Painting In PS #2

Thanks
    Really useful Min! Thanks!~ I'll definitely have to give it a go...as soon as I get some fruit...~

Try always to [ i m p r o v e. ]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by naomiful View Post
    I'm allergic to apples, can I do grapes?

D;
    dont think ive ever heard of anyone with that allergy.
    but if i were to be allergic to some food this is prob the one i would want cause i dont ever eat apples haha.

Thanks
    bumskee - yeah, i though so.. but maybe with some tinkering something cool could happen..

here's another progress from today.. about half an hour:
    Una claudia - (a plum) - damn it was tasty!

Attached Images Attached Images          
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GriNGo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    gringoloco... nice plum!!!! you've really captured that white textures on the skin.. I think the next step would have been in to punch in some more deep red into it.. nice

kicks, nice work tackling things around ur desk! just watch the strokes.. kinda hard to explain but strokes can do wonders for you..

sangmort, look forward to it..

Celestial, tomato turned out great!!!, tho the mango is a little flat... nice work, keep it going, add some shadows and what it's sitting on too..

stahr, really love the strong strokes and it's evident you've tried to nail the colours.. nice.. that's the best approach. You could take it further with blending here and there.. as you've done on the bottom.. but it holds very well.. the shadows little rushed perhaps? but eitherway nice one.. keep it going..

gringoloco! I think the green apple turned out awsome, subtle colours and the warmer grey works great.. nothing wrong with adjusting and stuff, I probably post some stuff about it down the track.. but yeah.. good job!

animbot.. you've nailed the form! you could use some details but it's a tomato, they usually don't have many things on them..hehe.. makes them harder to paint I think.. nice work nonetheless!

zeeble, that's a persimmon? or something..whatever that is called.. very nice form, good contrast.. My only crit would be the green stuff, it's a little too roundish, happens when u blend too much I think.. it u approach it blocky and be a little bit more bold with it, should work better... try zooming in to get those thin lines happening too..

Iliada, touchpad? as in.. laptop touchpad??? u can shp around for a cheap grapphire.. or even a second hand.. the difference will go a long way.. I kinda liked where u were heading at 1, you've sort of made it a little plastic-ish with soft edge highlights.. also the edge needs to be a little bit more defined.. but then again..without a tablet, mighty effort..

ender62, drapery is one of the hardest thing to understand and paint.. it's jsut so hectic.. hehe.. nice take on it.. I think it was loomis who said you should try and simplify it.. and as in the case with drapery.. maybe you could give that a go? also.. try blending less..and get those block ins nice and early.. then you don't have to work so much trying to get it right.. keep it going dude..

donaparte, nice onion! a little flat in terms of the whole shape.. but there's nice subtlety to your onion, especially the brighter orange tip on the left side.. nicely done.. try to blend less and check out idiot apathy's community project too, helps with the colours a lot.. that orange hit on the left really works well.. keep it going dude..

Daray, good effort!, yeah it is a little flat, and the colours a little muted.. it's not actually just add white or black to up and down the scale for a colour but lots of hue shift and saturation as well.. but that's another story and would best be explained in idiot apathy's thread.. as for the apple, yeah.. try and train ur eyes to see what colour u are looking at and should turn out alright.

Onir, I think painter stuff is fine too.. depsite it being photoshop section.. I haven't used much painter so I doubt I can offer much of help in technical things.. but feel free to post some stuff dude!

Ikodel.. nice shape and all.. tho.. I don't actually get the feeling it's not painted too much... try and draw, block in..and then finish kinda approach.. I think the apple on its own works great... but the shadow, stem and the leaf seems to have the stuck on look... also the background too.. try and grab the real thing and work from there if u can..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bumskee For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My apple

This is like my first go at anything digital arty. Crits please

Thanks
    After taking your advice in both threads Bumskee I spent about 2 hours in photoshop and here's what came out!

I think it's an improvement over my last attempt but the shadow makes it look off.

Thanks
    I made a peach.. Crits please

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bumskee View Post
    stahr, really love the strong strokes and it's evident you've tried to nail the colours.. nice.. that's the best approach. You could take it further with blending here and there.. as you've done on the bottom.. but it holds very well.. the shadows little rushed perhaps? but eitherway nice one.. keep it going..
    Yes, I didn't put much time at all to the shadows, the most of it went into rendering the onion, tried to focus on that. but i'm reading up on perspective and light perspective so I will be doing better I hope
    and yes you're right, more blending could be applied, but i tried to not take to much time for the excersize.
    I'm thinking about doing a fruit next time, Lemon (if I can find one of thoose with a fluctuating green and yellow surface). or perhaps a red onion this time. (I find apples boring hehe).

Thanks
    thanks for allowing me to join would definitely use PS but I gotta figure out why it stopped working on my comp.. anyway I did do a study in painter. I have a step by step so perhaps there is an error somewhere in my process that I'm not seeing? either way here they are:

I'd like to try to offer some crits for people in this thread, but I gotta get up early tomorrow for class. I'll come back asap and try to help out!

Thanks
    :/ Bumskee, you forgotten to comment my pear. Or is it because it was so ugly, it burned out your retinas? Hehe.

Here is an apple

My Homely Sketchbook

Looking for a mentor in Anatomy or Painting.

"The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with." -Marty Fieldman

Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 125