Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Painting In PS #2

Thanks
    Hi there,

I followed the original thread and I thought I'd finally have a go!

I didn't have space to save all the steps, but here is the finished result.

I would love some critique please!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to BeckyHew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    decided i would give this a go while i am in between jobs at work, so i did it rather quickly. (def gonna do some other ones once i get off to practice more)
    this is my first attempt at digital painting and im using a mouse. (will be getting a wacom soon yay)

Digital Painting In PS #2

Thanks

Thumbs up details scary

Bumskee your really good! especially the detail, they make them look like pictures. one thing though, you always skip really quickly through the details. i am a little intimidated by how you go from a roughly painted image to a highly detailed pic.

just would like if maybe you could include more steps between blend and detail.

oh and this image i did does not really follow the stuff your doing i will try to make some that follows the category, but still would like some feedback. sorry no steps

Thanks
    Here's mine.

I SWEAR the colors kept changing BEFORE MY EYES O_O

C&C plz!!!!!

Thanks
    ok here's my cut at an apple. not all that good. looks really flat not much detail.
    using a mouse (dang!) what's a good tablet to get? I was looking at wacom and there are a lot. what ones does everybody else have? (oh and i am looking in the price range of cheap)
    Last edited by private_walter; October 14th, 2007 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    ...And here are the steps (terribly done)

Thanks
    guys, i'm very interested in trying out digital painting, but should i first try it using a mouse? coz i really have a hard time controlling the brush, or do i have to invest in a tablet??

Thanks
    you dont HAVE to
    but by god it makes it sooooo much easier. its highly recommended

Thanks
    Hey all.

Done this image a while back, and i think it went okay for my first go at digital painting.
    http://lkodel.deviantart.com/art/An-apple-64896765
    Any comments/crits to help me improve are welcome!

I am now working on a slightly larger painting, a bowl of fruit. It is going okay but very slow, I need to work on my technique or something to speed up.

Thanks
    oo a new digital painting in photoshop thread! just reading through the first few tutorials were really helpful Min, so thanks a bunch for that gotta figure out why my PS doesn't wanna work on this pc.. maybe I can sneak in to this with some painter studies at some point? hehe no harm in asking, right?

Thanks

Unhappy

Man some of you guys make colouring look so darned easy! I tried an apple about maybe a month or so ago when I was lurking the old thread. Hopefully tonight I can get on my (shared with my brother) comp and give it another go!

It seems to be a bit pastel-like for me without any volume

Attachment 219789
    "I'm a damsel, I'm in distress, I can handle this! Have a nice day."

...Some sort of sketchbook...

Thanks
    First Post! After lurking for some time, I have finally gained enough courage to actually put something up.

Also, thanks bumskee for this excellent tutorial

here is my onion

Thanks
    Well, I feel a little silly offering critique, because I don’t really feel that I am of the required skill level to be giving advice to many of you… However, everyone seems to want input, myself included, and since I shouldn’t expect from others what I don’t take the time to do myself- here goes.

Bumskee: I took some time to peruse your sketchbook/website... wow, stunning work. Thanks so much (again) for taking the time with this thread; it's a great source of motivation (as opposed to the inspiration/frustration which the "It's Finished" section provides) and that really means the world Your onions on page one of this thread are simply amazing...

Noxartemus: Love the pear… In my beginner’s opinion, you really captured the colors and textures perfectly.

Stoat: I’m not sure what you mean about the perspective- they look a lot like apples to me . To my untrained eye, they seem a bit too shiny… aside from that, or even with that, beautiful.

Kosher_Commander: lol, love the name… maybe the context of fruit and vegetables just makes it better? Anyhow, I like the soft, blended feel you gave to your pumpkin… maybe a bit too soft?

BeckyHew: The apple looks fantastic. I seriously don’t see anything about it I would change. The harsh lighting makes for nice sharp contrast.

Rsoffar: You did that with a mouse? Wow… I respect the sheer amount of patience you must have. The apple looks a bit lopsided in the lower right corner, but I definitely understand the difficulty of sketching with a mouse.

MrArmadillo: The colors look perfectly natural- if they were changing before your eyes, it definitely doesn’t show. I am a bit unclear about the white circle on the side… I would guess that it’s a sticker, but only because of the tiny little tab.

Private Walter: While you seem to have the colors down, the overall 3-D feel is missing… The sketch of the shadow also doesn’t really seem to be where I would expect, based on the way the apple is lit. I would probably try to take a simpler object, like a sphere, and analyze the way the values change.

Daray: I definitely see what you mean about the pastel feel, but I like the style. It’s unique.

Bonaparte Jones: You really got all the colors there! I am just now learning to see all the colors in an object, and your painting definitely helps with that sort of thing. The part of the onion visible between the crack in the outer skin doesn’t seem finished though…

I wish I had more time to paint... Although, even as I write that, I know there is no excuse Here's my second photoshop painting:

Attachment 221971

Not exactly a fruit or a vegetable, so I hope that isnt against the rules... It remains unfinished because I foolishly started painting it in the sunlight, which I only get to paint once a week when I am not at work. That being said, at least now the process is clearly visible and y'all can give me some tips about that.
    Last edited by ender62; October 20th, 2007 at 01:43 PM.

Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast