Digital Painting In PS #2 - Page 42
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1518

Thread: Digital Painting In PS #2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    may i ask what brush are uses using to sketch the apples

An Artist strives for Perfection, but never truly wants to find it, Creativity is Controlled Mistakes

"Carl Anthony Springer"

"those who ask a stupid question is stupid for a second. but those you do not ask the question is stupid for ever!"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I only had an old sketch so no ref for the apple. I did my best but I just gave up eventually cause I couldn't get any of the finer details without ref.

Name:  apples.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  211.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlSpringer View Post
    may i ask what brush are uses using to sketch the apples
    I usually use regular round soft brushes for color bocking and blending. When it comes to details i actually try couple different brushes untill i get a result i want.

@RyerOrdStar: Consider that you didn't have any reference but your pencile sketch(which is really nice work too!) i think you did a nice job. I wish though you had more colors for the apple: you know how it turns brownish after you take a bite and live it alone for a bit? Also some highlights seems to be nessesary. I like your shadow!

Last edited by Yoruki Oni; January 7th, 2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: forgot to add reply

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks i jus got my Wacom yesterday ive being falling the apple blending miserably but i wont give up any advice

An Artist strives for Perfection, but never truly wants to find it, Creativity is Controlled Mistakes

"Carl Anthony Springer"

"those who ask a stupid question is stupid for a second. but those you do not ask the question is stupid for ever!"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried one today. You don't explain how you got such a good pallet. Well I tried working on one for 3 hours with the poor mans version of photoshop (Gimp) and It looks way to bright. I guess ill work on another later.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by flip the master View Post
    I tried one today. You don't explain how you got such a good pallet. Well I tried working on one for 3 hours with the poor mans version of photoshop (Gimp) and It looks way to bright. I guess ill work on another later.
    Good to see you Flip! I think it's a very good go, you could push the range of values more, I believe. This depends on your reference, if it has poor lighting you will be crippled by it until you can add and subtract from your references, but that takes the building-up of knowledge through study .

I don't know how others arrive at their palette; I didn't set one up, per se, I chose my colours as I went. Just choosing colours that matched or came close to my reference.

You might consider blending with a larger brush to avoid any 'scratchy' look, and gradually get smaller when you want to add finer details

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @CarlSpringer: Look at the basic brushes in thw photoshop. They're all you need to start with your scetch and color blocking. Get an apple and good luck

@flip the master: the shape is good, the shading is no bad either. I don't see nothing wrong with your colors. As LazyKat stated, it all depends on your apple and your lightning conditions.

@LazyKat: I work of basic palette on photoshop. I guess the ammount of colors and shades comes out of Opacity levels of my brush. Next time i'll try to add the color choices to my apple. Good advice!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Yoruki Oni: thank you but i having no luck bleinding i looked at the first few posts in this thread butdontquite understand how to blend

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @CarlSpringer: i see that you had posting of your own about this issue, let me do some research. I'll post something there whenever i'll find something

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoruki Oni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks is jus my main problem is what opacity i should use for blocking in and the opacity for blending. i dont want to seem like i cant do anything myself so my last question is do you keep opacity jitter on pen pressure. sorry to bother everyone

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I may have gone over board on the detail in the final stage but I'm very happy with the result. Thanks for the great tutorial. Blending was one of the main problems I was having colouring in photoshop.

Cheers again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlSpringer View Post
    thanks is jus my main problem is what opacity i should use for blocking in and the opacity for blending. i dont want to seem like i cant do anything myself so my last question is do you keep opacity jitter on pen pressure. sorry to bother everyone
    I went with 100% opacity to block, and chose the opacity for the blending based on the amount of colour I wanted to lay down. I didn't turn on jitter, but maybe others used it? They would have to say if they did though XD, all I can say is my own personal process, whether it's the 'best' way, I doubt it, but it's just what I did.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my it's been awhile since i last posted here, so here's my onion pic"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecold View Post
    Oh my it's been awhile since i last posted here, so here's my onion pic"
    Nice onions Icecold. I think maybe the wooden table, although nicely rendered, detracts from your lovely work on the onions. I might try to do some onions tonight for my daily sketch...

I must focus on rendering quickly and not over rendering. I used Bumskee's drawing brush ok but I couldn't quite get the hang of using the other two.

Any tips?

Last edited by JasonHickey; January 10th, 2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Added link to brushes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is my first digital painting EVER. I did it with the touchpad on my MacBook Pro and my own memory of an Orange as reference, lol. Jeez I can't wait to receive my new Wacom Intuos4! SO many things will undoubtfully become much easier..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHickey View Post
    Nice onions Icecold. I think maybe the wooden table, although nicely rendered, detracts from your lovely work on the onions. I might try to do some onions tonight for my daily sketch...

I must focus on rendering quickly and not over rendering. I used Bumskee's drawing brush ok but I couldn't quite get the hang of using the other two.

Any tips?
    Well brushs really doesn't matter, i know one guy doing stuff digitally like if he was ketching with a pencil thousands of lines on his artworks. I've been fighting this myself, but all you have to do is to learn "when to stop". Doing alot speedpaintings helps. cheers!

P.S Check him out, some old stuff but you'll get the point:

http://www.max3d.pl/forum/showpost.p...91&postcount=1

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Icecold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shamadnalie shooed me in here, what with me needing to learn how to paint. I'll paint an apple later and maybe an onion but here's a banana to start it off. I like bananas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was bored so I tried an onion this time. I think I got even less finished from before. I spent about 1.5-2 hours on this and stoped.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, this is my first painting with my new Intuos4 M and thus being me second digital painting, ever. It took me about 3 hours in Autodesk Sketchbook. (I used a lot of the time by trying to get used to the thought of painting on my screen, lol)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My first post in this thread - getting back into painting rather slowly, spent about an hour on this.

Freelancer Designer | http://www.bill-lowe.co.uk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Icecold: love your onions and the background. Very cool paining!
    @MathiasDK: well, you got the round shape...that's good! Blue shadow is very distructing. Your 2nd attempt with banana drawing is much better. Very nice clean background is a bit distructing, since the edges of your banana is a bit blured. Othrwise, not bad!
    @doodlingdragon: i love the details on your pilled banana. Looks quite realistic for the speedpainting
    @flip the master: overall you grasped the concept. Personally i think there's not enought dark value on the picture, which makes it look unfinished

@Bill Lowe: Love the colors! Such a rich golden shade. However the bottom of your onion looks a bit unfinished, so its shadow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, this orange took me a lot longer then i thought it would take >< texture is a toughly. and I need to practice more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackpig View Post
    Man, this orange took me a lot longer then i thought it would take >< texture is a toughly. and I need to practice more
    It's a decent try, but it's very pale, were you doing it on your laptop? They usually display everything wrong. About the texture, it's super fast use some custom brushes or mess around withe the usual brush and erase stuff to create the texture, you can also use some photo textures aswell. Know your tool, that's the code.

P.S I doubt that table's so small, pay attention and observe.

@Bill Lowe, instead of using this photo:

You should do it from nature, camera's faking bad. Repainting photos won't take you far.

Here's mine from today, rather quick i had work to do.

Last edited by Icecold; January 19th, 2010 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Icecold : Yea I did it on a laptop, and your right. For some odd reason my colors always seem very unsaturated and dull, its really frustrating... its like my krypotnite lol
    i'll try doing another one tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My shitty first attempt at digital painting.

My first attempt at an apple with a shitty glitchy mouse and a little determination. Had some issues with blending, but I'm getting the hang of blocking and some minor details. Any tips pls message me or reply to this. BTW Look at my horse. It's amazing.
    I also had no reference. So it made it waaaaaaaay harder. altogether it took 2 hours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is my attempt thrown in the mix

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well this is my first try with PS i think im stuck any advice please?

Draw until your fingers bleed!
    Arepa's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my try:
    about one hour or so. Looks muddy and done on laptop in case you wonder Icecold^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecold View Post
    It's a decent try, but it's very pale, were you doing it on your laptop? They usually display everything wrong. About the texture, it's super fast use some custom brushes or mess around withe the usual brush and erase stuff to create the texture, you can also use some photo textures aswell. Know your tool, that's the code.

P.S I doubt that table's so small, pay attention and observe.

@Bill Lowe, instead of using this photo:

http://osopher.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/onion.jpg

You should do it from nature, camera's faking bad. Repainting photos won't take you far.

Here's mine from today, rather quick i had work to do.
    ]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9707/flakon.jpg
    Hi,
    I've got a little question here: What kind of brush did you use to paint that bottle? and what program?
    btw; any suggestion on how I could add more detail to my banana?(shown a little further up on this page)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pear

Was referred to this thread by a friend. Here is my first attempt at painting anything. Ever.

http://Raius1.deviantart.com/art/It-...reen-151608958

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 323