Digital Painting In PS #2 - Page 41

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1525
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, just joined after reading the first Digital Painting in PS topic

So I guess I'll post this pic I did... It isn't fruit, but it is still my first digital painting

Digital Painting In PS #2

Hope you guys like it ^-^

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm just so frazzled from having to do all kinds of final projects, it all kinda came out on what was supposed to be an apple still life... probably about 45 minutes

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gasphemer; December 4th, 2009 at 04:24 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm tried some Mango's as well. Still seem to be missing the values, but I think its possibly better than the apple?I really like the final of that apple Nox. The shine is done well! I think maybe sort the shadow out a littlebit more and it would look excellent.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally I will stop being a lurker here and post something, this is best tutorial EVER and exactly what I needed, everything ive ever drawn before and tried to color have been catastrophic so even tho this might look like dirt to u im happy with it. Thanks alot for the tutorial

sketch

finished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oookay i dont know why i started this lecture today but i did.
    I Ignored my Deadline at Wed. for some Concepts and tried a bit (so get some nuts and working allday and night till Wed). This is my first digital Painting. I was drawing a lot back in the days but sometime i stopped (dont know why.. now adays it gets me nuts) and im just familiar with a bit Copics and Oil.

Hmm mostly im working in 3D so the customizing of the windows was a quite good hind for me
    Ok I've learned many things just by this painting. So i have to trie harder and more. I dont like that aple that much but i have not the time to go over and over yet.

The blending worked well i think, but its hart to see what actually is really blending and what is hard edged. To see the correct Color is hard too but thats something to deal with experience and more pictures.
    The biggest problem, was the detailing and to blend well-directed.

ok enough of my ppor english skills
    the pictures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So yeah, first real true attempt to get a nice looking painting with Photoshopand I like to compare apples and oranges so here we go. Need to find more time to really get into the detail for it. Also, it does look kind of squished but then again, so does the model...

Last edited by Tweeak86; December 11th, 2009 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello!

i'm very new here and this thread was really useful to me, since i'm starting from scratch.

here is my first digital still life painting, ever.
    and it had to be an apple.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! I want in!

I'm new to CA and this post has helped a great deal. Oh and btw this lil baby was no bigger than my thumb nail. lol

Small Tomato baby

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My first digital, colour still life. Ever. Wish I'd saved the process steps but I got in the swing of things and just tuned everything out. Gonna do more of these fer sure. Thank you Bumskee you kick ass!

Last edited by Pierce9; December 15th, 2009 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All from scratch except the tile which I snagged and manipulated:

Last edited by Jeremy H; December 18th, 2009 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

First one for me too :)

Hello, i must say that most of you are artists, and all the things here are sooo good. I'm just an amateur, but here is my first Digital Painting in PS from a reference.

... it looks a little flat.

edit: try to fix it a little...
    IN LEFT: ORIGINAL PIC

Last edited by crdf; December 31st, 2009 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,086 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    crdf - You pretty much got it!
    The texture and the colours too, though the front seems still a bit to flat, compared to the original, if you take a close look.

Remember that your object has more planes, and try thinking 3D, imagine wrapping your strokes around.
    And have you seen this thread on edges? http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51913

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDelphin View Post
    crdf - You pretty much got it!
    The texture and the colours too, though the front seems still a bit to flat, compared to the original, if you take a close look.

Remember that your object has more planes, and try thinking 3D, imagine wrapping your strokes around.
    And have you seen this thread on edges? http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51913
    i agree with you. It seems that there's not enought darkness on the lower left side of the pear. Otherwise texture is very good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice! These painting studies are really helping! If you're going for accuracy though, pay more attention to your verticle/horizontal lines. If you look at that last fruit you did, the bottom and top are sloped in opposite directions from the original fruit. Just nitpicking though...keep up the great work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks a lot for all the crittics. You are really helping me. I am so lame and a beginer too so I realy appreciate it.

jackpot_anjr90 you talk about horizontal and verical lines. I see my fruit is not correctly shaped and I understand what you are saying but I would like to read some more information on the topic if there is any on the internet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,086 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    crdf - Not at all! You came here because you want to improve, as long as you give it your best to get better be sure you'll get help from around here. Though i'd recommend having you make a sketch book (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41 ) if you don't already have one, adding it to your sig and posting there everything you have. This thread is pretty much dead, considering how active the others are. Ooh! And be sure to check community activities!! ( http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74 )

Keep at it!!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here's my second try with an apple. I think this one is a bit better, thought I still feel like i'm struggling with the shadows....Any comments/critique/suggestions would be helpful.
    ty

Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 910 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    amidoinitrite? ;_;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is my try at painting the apple:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @a la bapsi : nicely done apple. The wire behind the apple is a bit distructing, however your shadow looks very good. Very realistic look

@TopplingTurkey: looks a bit cartoonish, but i like it! What happend to the shadow at the ebd?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoruki Oni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Yoruki Oni: I realized that my placement of the shadow was wrong so I sort of fixed it. Your apple looks great. I especially like the concaved part with the stem. The texture on the right side of the apple needs some defining though, but other than that it looks quite real

24. The Following User Says Thank You to TopplingTurkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've only read to about page 22 but I love seeing everyone's fruits, and I absolutely had to set one up of my own. Couldn't use natural light, and there's two lightsources (or, really, four, my ceiling light has three bulbs and I added a lamp as well, placed it so the shadows matches up. All fluorescent.).

Some of the lemon texture was laid in by hand (mainly the very bright parts and some of the from and back bulges), the rest was a scatter brush with various jitters.

Oh and the shadows look the way they do because the background was curved; I set up a sketchbook for the flat white background and placed a single sheet over it to cover the spiral binding.

This was lots of fun, I haven't done many digital still-lifes, but I bet I'll make the effort to do more now, since they aren't such an agitating thing after all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's mine. My first digital painting ever referenced from life!

I had some trouble with it because I used a transparent bottle, but I feel pretty good about it, although after finishing I realized that somewhere during painting it my POV changed so the ingredients (white squiggles in square) are much lower then they were supposed to be. I think this exercise really helped me, thank you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is my first attempt at a digipainting of an apple. Probably one of my best and most efficient paintings (I normally take a lot longer to do this sort of thing )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question

Hi all,

Based on a lot of great images here...a lot of folks really seems to be getting this...but I have a question about blending/rendering.

I've been using sketchbook Pro for a little while...but want to begin using Photoshop as well.

Since I didn't have an apple handy for a reference I used the first thing I saw: my Wacom mouse. I worked pretty fast (especially for me) and didn't think to save any progress steps.

So my question: After the initial blocking what is the best way to begin blending/rendering detail. Do you continue to just use brushes of different sizes, opacities etc...or are there other tools that people are using?

I went to some of the links from the 1st post...but it gets a bit overwhelming. (ie: "The Peer Project V2" by Idiot Apathy...WHEW that's A LOT to take in!! : )

So any general advice on blending/rendering, or specific crits about my pic will be most apprecialted.

Otherwise, any links to threads on the subject would be very cool too!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Jephyr X; January 5th, 2010 at 12:51 PM.

- A man diligent and skillful in his work will stand before kings -
    - All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty -

"You can't design what you don't know." Jeff Watts (as seen in Windmaker's SB)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jephyr X View Post
    Hi all,
    So my question: After the initial blocking what is the best way to begin blending/rendering detail. Do you continue to just use brushes of different sizes, opacities etc...or are there other tools that people are using?

I went to some of the links from the 1st post...but it gets a bit overwhelming. (ie: "The Peer Project V2" by Idiot Apathy...WHEW that's A LOT to take in!! : )

So any general advice on blending/rendering, or specific crits about my pic will be most apprecialted.

Thanks in advance
    Hello Jephyr X,
    great mouse. I have little experience in digital painting (and everything else) but what i do is using manly brushes (with different settings as you suggested), but i play with the layers and their blending mode (overlay, screen etc.). I discovered that i don't have to limit myself only to painting. Some textures (in a layer or in brush setting) can be used, but i try not to do it. Its more fun when its more difficult
    I hope more experienced people also to share their working method. Its a good question

30. The Following User Says Thank You to crdf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jephyr X View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance
    Hiya! I can't speak for others, but for what it's worth, I just blended using different opacities and sizes; even the detail lay-in was done with the same hard round brush at low opacity, just set to scatter, with angle and roundness jitter.

For laying in the smaller details or the details you want to be more in-focus, I use a smallish hard round with high opacity.

Your mouse looks pretyt good it looks a little different from mine (A little shorter and a little steeper in it's arc), but I don't know what type you have.
    the blending on the right-click button is unusual, it makes it look like your mouse has a dent, is this correct?

You may want to consider a less blurry blend, it makes it look somewhat ut of focus.

And, it may be the lighting, but is there no shadow from the mouse cast on your desk?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to LazyKat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Thank you crdf and LazyKat! That was just the info I was looking for. And scrolling back up I see that you both are doing pretty well at it.

crdf: Your pair is actually quite good...and I think you did give it more volume in the second pic. Great detail too.

I'm with you...I try to limit digital "tricks" as much as I can...but I did use a wood texture under the base layer. Sometimes you just gotta go with "quick"! : )

Koolkat: I really like the apple and lemon...love the way you have such detail, brightness and vibrant colors...I really need to work on that!

Yes...my pic is a bit blurry and it is because I didn't get into to detailing it enough.

Like bumskee said:
    Quote Originally Posted by bumskee View Post
    From the last thread, I've noticed few things from varies people.

Careless paintings, let's face it, if you are not willing to put the time in, it's not going to work for you. Concentrate on getting it right.. invest the time, if you know something is wrong fix it!!!
    and keep getting it right and you will eventually become more efficient.

Guessing, another huge issue, lots of people seem to be unsure of colours and details on the object they are painting. The answer is right in front of you most people are too quick to jump at it and guessing too much. Well it is guessing but it's more educated guess?, again take time to observe and train ur eyes to see the colours and so on.
    So if I'd spent more time...I'm sure it would have been sharper.

I've worn my mouse down with use...so any irregularities you see in my pic is me trying to show that wear in my pic. I'm guessing the "dent" you see is from where my thumb always rubs. But with not enough detail I'm sure that's hard to "read".

Yes...you're right...I did put a shadow under the mouse...but my lighting was directly over head.

Thanks again for your help...if I post again I'll take some time to set up a better still life (lighting etc) and will give it more polish.

Really appreciate both your replies!

Last edited by Jephyr X; January 6th, 2010 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @LazyKat: very good drawing! Textures of both fruits is almost perfect. Great work!
    @Mystic-Spiritus: nice attemnt thought! I don't dare to try to paint something transparent yet. Keep up good work!
    @Whitesock: i like your blending technique and the colors of your apple. Looks very yummy!

@Jephyr X: great job on the shape and colors. I wish you would work a bit more on the texture of your mouse. It doesn't look "plastic" but ruther some kind of soft material. Nice clean lines! Also,to answer on your "blending question". I personally like to use color picking tool and a brush of various sizes with the lowered opacity.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoruki Oni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much Yoruki Oni...appreciate the feedback and advice!

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 231