Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    still in progress, so far I have only blocked in and begun blending with 100% opac, pressure sensitive round hard brush. Will edit this later on with the steps when I'm not so tired.
    Last edited by Chance.; October 6th, 2007 at 06:21 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    This was a lot harder that it looks. Stop making it look so easy!

I dunno what I did wrong, but it was defanitly something XD

EDIT: Also, how do you make it pressure sensitive ?( press harder, the colour is higher opacity etc )

Thanks

rawr

Been very off and on with photoshop and my tablet. I've not practiced much, and the times I have it hasnt been as easy as traditional media is for me >.<

but its time to start trying to achieve a little more with PS, and what better way is there to do that than post in a bumskee PS tut thread

Sketch: just roughing out the shapes with a size 5 hard round, flow to pressure

Digital Painting In PS #2

Blocking in: looking for the colors and filling them in, 100% opacity, 10% flow, flow on pressure

Rendering: Trying to keep the gritty gradient on the top of the mouse from being too smooth, added some details and wood grain (damn do I suck at wood, lol)

Details: Reddened up the wood which was too yellow by going over it with a low opacity brush, added more saturated red on the top of the mouse, sharpened some edges and quickly threw on the logos

took about 30ish minutes to put together, and felt awkward the whole time painting.

Thanks
    NEW digi painting in PS thread! happy glory day!

I'll post some stuff in here after I finish my hw.
    Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    thanks to mr bumskee for making this thread.
    i recently got a new wacom/monitor and im trying to learn how to actually paint with it.

funny thing on the side:
    i never buy vegetables (i mostly live on pasta), but it bought onions and an apple for this thread.
    WOW!

Thanks
    Fraz I included the options for pressure sensitive in my image cause I'm horrible at using words to explain stuff...

Did more digi painting, was looking at my blanky.
    Kinda noticed it was more gray than brown after a while..
    Didn't like my first one, so I started over.
    Then remembered about saving my steps too late. 3rd one is supposed to come before the 2nd.

Thanks
    hi bumskee, luv the thread u got set up here,

i'm pretty new at the whole digital paintage, always looking for tips and hints. please feel free to crit.

Thanks
    Ok... this is my 4th attempt at Digiart using my graphics tab.

As you can see, I am really struggling with what you arty types call 'blending'

Help?

Thanks
    first of all, interesting topic bumskee!
    but so far i think you should post some -new- shape !

Thanks
    Hey all,

I've really benefitted from this thread, so thanks for all of your contributions! And of course, thanks so much Bumskee for creating/managing this thread. I just got a graphics tablet recently and have been struggling to become comfortable with it. I guess I have the benefit of having lots of photoshop experience, but I've never used it as a painting tool until now...

Anyhow, here's my apple...
    Attachment 215274
    took about an hour to do, and sadly I got too frustrated to really finish it and add the details and colors it deserves...

However, I think by the end of my attempt I started getting the blending thing down! I used a huge brush, lowered my flow and opacity settings down to about 10-20&#37;, used softest brush possible, and applied little to no pressure. Kind of like painting very thin oil layers I guess (at least thats what it reminded me of). Making a custom brush also really helped- made me feel like I was actually painting, which I guess is the goal. Definitely going to experiment more with those.

Quick question: I was wondering if most of you sketch with a tablet or sketch with a pencil and then scan it in... I have lost a lot of patience trying to sketch with my tablet and am wondering if maybe this is simply a skill which comes with time?
    Last edited by ender62; October 9th, 2007 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks
    Mine was an attempt with my newly aquired tablet (thanks to my fiance buying it for me, he really spoils me). But blending still eludes me.

Thanks
    Riala, you may want to go back and read/look through the stuff in the first version of this thread found here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47859

As far as blending goes, though I am also a novice at digital painting, in my experience I blend by using different colors at varying opacities. From your example it sort of looks like you just used two colors and then tried the smear them together a bit. I've found that it's much easier to achieve the desired look if you "blend" by overlaying colors. Another thing I noticed is that I think you're looking at the whole apple and determining what you THINK the colors are, just look at each little section of the apple as it actually is, not what you think it is. Hope this helps some.

Thanks
    Heya Min, great thread! Some lovely onions there - quick question ...

With your setup for painting - what do you normally do for colour - some people go into the colour picker - some setup swatches, and some use the awkward little "colour" tab thingy to pick and choose - just wondering your preferred method?

hope to join in one of these....i'm feeling for pears...but you never know when a satsuma might creep in!

Thanks
    Thanks a lot evil bunny. I wil try that out when I get home tonight

Thanks
    Thank you Stout, I will keep practicing

Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast