Page 29 of 118 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Painting In PS #2

Thanks
    thx for these thread...it really helped me, here is my first attempt and it's still in progress. Since i don't i have tablet, i used mouse (the result is really rough).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first digital painting. I'm having trouble in blending colors so the result is not to good. Anyone can help me???

Thanks

Thanks
    Sigit, from somebody here in CA, I got link to this, somewhere there is blending tutorial. Sorry, it's not much but if you browse few pages back, you will surely get good answer for your question, because people are asking about blending all the time.

http://www.furiae.com/index.php?view=gallery
    Strange powers drag you through the black tunnel until you see mysterious Book of Void awaiting you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sigit - looks like you're painting over the photo. Cheater. You really won't learn as much by doing it that way.
    Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    panda I'm only using the photo as a background so the shape is the same. I'm coloring it by using eyedropper and brush.
    I'm sorry if thats not allowed. I'll try to make a new one
    Last edited by Sigit; February 17th, 2008 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks
    Sigit,
    of course it is allowed, but compared to painting real object, I think that you won't learn to paint the shape and pick right colours from palette manually.
    Strange powers drag you through the black tunnel until you see mysterious Book of Void awaiting you.

Thanks
    part of illustration is that we get to make things look better than they do in real life... which won't happen if you're going straight over the photo. It doesn't add any level of interest.
    Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    panda,
    you're right, sometimes i'm thinking that this is how i could make it faster, and more interesting, than by maniacal copying what i see.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigit View Post
    panda I'm only using the photo as a background so the shape is the same. I'm coloring it by using eyedropper and brush.
    I'm sorry if thats not allowed. I'll try to make a new one
    But you're here to learn, right? Part of painting is being able to eye an object and then select appropriate colours to render it. If all you're doing is picking colours off the original photo, and then putting them directly over the top of the photo, then what are you learning?

The answer is nothing.

No one here is going to make fun of you if your apple has a different shape to the original photo, or if the colours you picked aren't exactly the same as the ones in the photo. Explore the object in your own way, and do the best with what you know, then post what you can do here and people will help you improve and learn.

Thanks
    Never be afraid to use crutches, they are there to help you learn to walk. Be afraid of dependence upon crutches, for you will never run.

Color picking can be a useful crutch. Use it if you must in order to focus on other elements, use it to help you learn color as well. But please - experiment as much as possible with tools, techniques and process.

Thanks
    Color picking, in my opinion, is best saved for use later in the images developement. Start by laying in all of the basic color transitions yourself. What you are learning here is observation. When you understand what you are seeing you are making a huge leap in your ability paint. It's best to look, choose a color yourself that you think comes close to what you see, try it and see how it relates to the other colors you put down. That is a key part of the learning process which you'll miss by picking a color directly.

Later, once you have everything down correctly and you are smoothing out color transitions and making the form look correct, at that point use the color picker, but pick from within your own image as needed. You've already made your color decisions at that point, and the color picker can be used as a slight shortcut, or to make sure you stay consistant.

Thanks
    Okay, thanks everyone
    This is my second attempt using brush and colors are taken from observation

Thanks
    Sigit, and now we can start critting you properly :-)

Personaly, I like it quite enough. You got nice colors indeed, now try to watch more shapes of shadows, which model 3d shape of your apple, and stem could look better too.

And try also real apple, not just photo.

Page 29 of 118 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 ... LastLast