*Ringling College of Art and Design Illest of Ill show* El Coro guest lecture/demo.

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

*Ringling College of Art and Design Illest of Ill show* El Coro guest lecture/demo.

I thought this would be the correct place to put this, perhaps it could be moved to the lounge/finished works/wherever need be.

Anyway, down here at Ringling we have our second annual "Illest of Ill" show coming up and have El Coro down here for a few days doing demos, lectures, and doing the judging of the show itself. It has been awesome so far and has been a great way to kick off the new school year. I have not gotten enough sleep the last couple days but want to drop these pictures off and get to bed.

Tomorrow is Coro's digital demo and the show at 7p.m. If anyone is in the area please feel free to stop by. Free food, music, graffiti wall, some really great work (a lot from forum members) and more! Also, check out www.illestofill.com to see the great posters that we collaborated on with the Ringling graphic design students and pictures from the last show.

on with the pictures...

a couple call for entries posters...

dropping off work, there was a ton...

Coro and George Pratt having a good time looking over the work...

on to the demo-

the block in...

During the demo Coro shared a ton of information, everything from his start in art and video games to super secret space marine concept ideas and the diverse musical preferences of the Massive Black concept team. It was entertaining as well as informative.

He brought some paintings and his sketchbooks to look over as well...

Coro tellin' it how it is...

getting ready for the show-

a couple anonymous CA.org forum members trying to figure out a way to hang another anonymous CA members work (fvallejo's) who paints so thick it ain't ever gonna dry. (great piece though) fun times.

alright, gotta get to bed and wake up for Coro's demo. We will be taking photos and will try to get them up here when we can, I will upload better ones from today also. It's been an awesome time so far and there is more to come.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow dude! amazing stuff. love the oils man. your an inspiration man!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, I really wanted to go to that but I had class...

Thanks
    Thanked 16,677 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm moving this to the lounge so it gets more exposure.
    thesinfulsaint, consider this a hard-learned lesson in priorities.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eric, is that you! That's awesome you guys had that, man I wish I was down there. Please post more pics, and I hope your doing well -

- Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The digital painting demo today was both equally amazing to watch and entertaining to listen to. Thanks so much for being here Coro and can't wait for the show tonight! Illest 07~~~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the digital demo was fantastic! I apologize for my room-mate laughing the entire time, she just doesn't understand how serious art is yet

~Website~

Please find attached one heart, human, removed from my own chest at great personal hardship. It's for you.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 2,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I am glad to hear it went well.

And those of you in illustration. Tell Joe Thiel I said FLESH IS NOT A COLOR.

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is it possible to see more photos? and the how the portrait looks now? Coro's life paintings are always a treat. He is honest catching the nature, essence of it, IMO, doesn't sweeten model or object.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WHAT THE FUCK. THIS IS SO UNFUCKING FAIR!!

Why do you wait til AFTER I MOVE CORO???

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Illest of the Ill gathering tonight was off the chain. Really crowded but great atmosphere. Now I'm at work trying to stay up and thinking about how I can improve to the level of the artist I saw there. Time to draw.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah the whole show was really awesome, it came together incredibly well in the end. Oh and coro promised to post the digital demos in here, so wait for those, they are pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    Tell Joe Thiel I said FLESH IS NOT A COLOR.
    HAH! I will certainly let him know, allthough he may disagree.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that's some solid looking work on the walls there. any chance for some close-ups?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will see what we can do.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Skipped class on Friday to see the speed painting demo. DEFINITELY worth it. Illest was great, too!

My friend took a photo of the speed paintings by Coro.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 291 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys, THANKS so much for having me come out to your school. i had a blast! the stuff in the show was great, and it was a lot of fun painting for you guys and talking about art and stuff. here are some jpegs of the speedpaint demo as promised....i dont get that chance to leave my cave very often, but this trip was well worth it. thanks again to each and every one of you!

Attached Images Attached Images  

19. The Following User Says Thank You to el coro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some in-progress shots from the digital demo, sorry about the quality. It was dark. Coro did two awesome paintings and there was a continuous question and answer session going on. Very informative information on everything having to do with painting, to the role of concept design vs. concept illustration, to inside info on all the soft serve ice cream machines at massiveblack.

at which point the canvas was flipped upside down and this one was started...

I will get other pics up soon, but I have to get to work here.

Last edited by carpal; October 1st, 2007 at 03:42 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice! Thanks coro. I know Matt (*PZ*) got a whole bunch of shots of the walls and hes gunna post them in a bit.

edit: woah there are a bunch of em.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I may have an audio recording of the digital demo. I had a class so I had a friend record it for me on a dictaphone; I'm gonna pull it off tomorrow and see if I can't clean up the audio a little bit and remove some of the ambient noise.

And I wanted to thank coro for coming down here and talking to us. Wish I could've made it to that second one. What I saw of the painting demo was fantastic. Someone asked already, but is there a final image of that portrait?

I'll see what I can do about that audio.

Carver Kids(tripleawesome)

My Book

Jason's book

Scott's Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and here are some pictures of the show, as per request... here are a couple and the rest can be found... here

I need to learn to use a camera better...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you so much for posting those, very tasteful drawings and paintings, I enjoyed them.
    Who are the artists? I know that in the last image last painting was freshly painted, who are the others? The graduates of the Ringling college? The art is chosen for this wall with a great strict taste.
    I wish I could see the artwork on the floor too. Even from a distance their color choice and composition look very appealing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nope, sophomores, juniors and seniors in the ringling illustration program. all 3 years are represented on the walls. Thanks for posting matt.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My high school art class (Freshman-Seniors) all went down to check out the Ringling campus a few days after this...Our student tour guide kind of disappointed me when he noted El Coro as 'some guy' and MassiveBlack as 'MassiveDark' (xD) Anyways, It was at that moment when I realized how connected the world is. If I'd been at Ringling that year I'd have been able to get this instruction...

I'm definitely applying as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by .PZ. View Post
    i'm totally crazy for that blue piece. any more info on the person responsible?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, the blue one on the left was done by Megan Inghram. She is doing some awesome work and has a blog at:http://www.phonograph-giraffe.blogspot.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.