Art: Photoshop brushes?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Photoshop brushes?

I'm not figuring out how alot of people seem to be creating such rough and traditional looking artwork in photoshop. Is there a certain brush set I'm just not realizing the potential of or is it custom brushes? I'm looking for something to help with backgrounds..scenery...sky... etc. Maybe someone can just tell me what kind of brushes they use and give an example of the result or something? Meh, any advice is good.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Brush settings

Set brush dynamics setting to "other" and you should get a simulated paintbrush pressure feel. Your opacity will be at a hundred percent, and you'll be using your tablet and pen in a similar manner as painting (soft pressure with your hand to apply light strokes and hard pressure,pushing harder on the tablet with your pen, for darker strokes) . If you have photoshop 7, take advantage of the scatter brushes. The ones that look like fluffy clouds.
    Another way is to experiment with your opacity settings. And blending that way. Impressionists style.
    Or painting a background on a layer, using one of the filters and converting your color application into a painterly effect.
    Hope this helps.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 3