Sketchbook: Pheuron would like to join a sketchgroup if you'll have her
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Pheuron would like to join a sketchgroup if you'll have her

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pheuron would like to join a sketchgroup if you'll have her

So the subject says it all. If you've got an open spot id love to join! I feel like i update too sporatically and would like to help others as well learn.
    my first page is super long. but the stuff up top is from last year. I have longgg sporatic posts, so hopefully i can have smaller more frequent posts with the pressure a group would present =)

wip - learning how to do cloth/metals. many of the details were lost when i tried to do this. Did it first in greyscale to get the value, and added color by layer - or tried to ;p its the godess for a group project. she is the creator of earth, her brother is the meddle. Its not a finished peice, but i would like it to be. It would be my first =)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Pheuronskeurts; April 8th, 2009 at 12:24 AM. Reason: update
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your postures read pretty well, but some of the proportions are a little off. The lower torso and upper legs seem impossibly long, kind of stretched out. It's too bad you don't have longer to draw, can you ask for 1 or 2 hour poses? Just keep drawing and check your proportions by measuring different distances on the model (hip to shoulder, elbow to knee, etc).

With the digital painting, add some darker shadows and keep posting your progress.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know what you mean by frustrating 30 sec to 5 min poses. Frustrating but challenging. For the short period of time allowed I think your drawings came out pretty good. I think the top left is particularly well drawn. I’d check the waists, they’re somewhat thin. Maybe the model was herself thin of waist but your last pic with the fighting woman has the same trait. The knees also seem low a bit low but it could also be the same issue. Do you complement your figure modeling sessions with anatomy book studies? It helps. Nice costumes on your two characters! Keep at it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, good start to the thread. Very cool to see these figure drawings, they're showin promise. The figure on the very right of this one looks great, the shins are a bit short but the gesture is awesome.
    Treasure those really short poses! I know it's tempting to want longer poses so you can render the hell out of em, but the shorter poses will teach you so much more. Getting your hand to respond to what your eye is seeing quickly is essential and it's what those short poses are all about. Try and get the whole pose down in that short amount of time and try not to pick up the pencil much, just respond.
    In short, rendering stuff out is the easy part, being able to lay in a solid foundation to render on top of is the hard part. Short poses are key!
    Again, you've got a great start to the thread, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try to focus on more contrast and value in color. Give yourself a mood.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with AndyP -- short poses are what you need right now. Your figures are still showing weird proportions and anatomy (although the gestures are actually pretty good). You don't want to spend 45 minutes to render a figure whose torso is too long to begin with. Doing hundreds, hell, thousands of short gestures, just nailing down the important stuff -- that's what'll get you ahead.

I strongly recommend downloading these books by Andrew Loomis and really studying them. They're excellent for the basics that you need. These books, combined with the life-drawing you're doing, is all you'll need for the time being. Keep it up!

ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"
    - _andreas_ - brunopicinini - funfetus - Suarezart -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ eon ill try that, bringing an anatomy book with me when i go.
    @andy P yea, ty! i have heard if you dont have the figure nailed in 3 min proportion/gesture wise, its not worth it to continue so i do appreciate the short poses, just every once in a while a 10 min pose would be cool =) if anything its an awesome 2 hour warm up cause it always motivates me to "draw for miles" after and most of that is generally ok sketches.
    @ Max will do, i notice when i put the color layers on there is no definition and her face is def flat
    @funfetus TY! i dld the books and am going to start working my way through them =) class was canceled todayso thats my plan ;p

i want to look at your sketchbooks but sometimes ca does this weird thing where it opens blank pages. sometimes it will load like 1 out of 5 but its not working. anyone know why or a fix

thank you. Ill have more gestures tonight

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey! ^^ you should join my sketchbook group! anyways, i keep meaning to go to the life drawing...but i'm lazy ^^ i get up around 7:30 to go to work and come home around 7 so i'm like blehhhh no life drawings for me! you need to motivate me haha! the painted girl is a really big improvement since the last stuff you posted for storyboarding...

anyhoo tons of ppl here go to school together...finally someone who goes to my school! we should draw together sometime...

oh btw if you are loading blank pages, it's cuz you're logged in. it's a bug...so if it keeps happneing n you wanna post, just log out until you want to write something @.@

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    --------------------------------
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

9/28 update

emily what can i do to make you come to figure drawing...hmmmm MAYBE threat of zombie invasion! Ill try and think of something. I get the same feeling i get from exercising when i go. except i hate to exercise so its much better hah
    So highlights from a week of figure drawing. Im much better at drawing women i think. but this model had lots of curves so it was good. His shaped changed a lot from pose to pose, i think in several he was sucking in, and in others letting it out. Also he had lots of cool poses using a rope and a staff he brought

planning to spend this weekend just doodling for fun so maybe a cooler update on sun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    more life drawing..its been a while so i think this is 2 weeks highlights?

(characters and story are provided by a fellow student)
    also working on sketches for the main character in our independent student project - kreo
    he is part of the same world as the goddess, He doesn't use physical weapons, but rather a force type weapon that emerges from his fists when he cant control his emotions. yes think young emo hero. he has a dragon emblem on his armor which resembles the glowing body tattoo that shows up with his weapon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been doing lots in class, and playing the game of catchup. still trying to get that guy in the previous post down, hes tough and the guys im working with at school has something very specific in mind. attached is something i would like to model for my final project in my class. She is a 1700s french aristocrat. Its a simple sketch, because modeling the basics of her might take long ( im thinking about the wig and groaning lol) ill def post my progress on that. i have 3 weeks starting today.

supa supa rough!!
    the next thing is a character i created, its a crazy old woman who is an avid collector. her latest collection..children. with which, she decides to take over the world. This is supposed to be reminiscent of the painting Washington crossing the Delaware. just blocking in colors and sketching really, wanted to show my progress on this from the start

wewt wewt!
    ps, going to seattle workshop SO EXCITED!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok so its been a while since my updates. Its a big dump i suppose?
    everything here is stuff ive done while at the Seattle workshop/plane and since then. Revelations was amazing and incredibly inspiring, school started and already im bogged down but i just want to draw
    oh i also put in the model of the aristocrat lady that i sketched in an earlier post. Next step is to texture her and begin working on an environment
    Name:  sketchbook1.JPG
Views: 474
Size:  101.8 KB

Name:  sketchbook2.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  105.8 KB

Name:  sketchbook3.JPG
Views: 498
Size:  116.2 KB

Name:  sketchbook5.JPG
Views: 467
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  sketchbook7.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  sketchbook8.JPG
Views: 445
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  sketchbook9.JPG
Views: 417
Size:  94.8 KB

Name:  sketchbook10.JPG
Views: 423
Size:  80.0 KB

Name:  sketchbook11.JPG
Views: 435
Size:  101.0 KB

Name:  sketchbook12.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  89.0 KB
    super rough of the environment
    Name:  aristo environ2.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  139.5 KB
    Name:  01.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  231.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

1/23update

ok so another update, ive been drawing a lot lately, as well as modeling
    Name:  sketchbook16.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  77.0 KB

Name:  sketchbook15.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  72.4 KB

Name:  sketchbook17.JPG
Views: 377
Size:  94.9 KB

Name:  figure drawing 1_23.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  189.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    most of this update is study from a book i found in the library. The sketch of the woman is one im going to paint in class? been really busy lately but not too busy to draw each day =)
    model im working on, still have things to tweak on it. And im definitely planning to texture it. just covered in shaders atm
    Name:  aristomanbodywip.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  60.8 KB

Name:  sketchbook28.JPG
Views: 364
Size:  112.4 KB

Name:  sketchbook24.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  81.8 KB

Name:  sketchbook25.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  94.9 KB

Name:  sketchbook26.JPG
Views: 327
Size:  193.3 KB

Name:  sketchbook27.JPG
Views: 333
Size:  113.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Pheuron, excellent start to a sb, dont be shy with posting your anatomy is coming along nicely, but watch those female torsos, they get a bit long in places sometimes.. keep it up dude.. ;-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks randalthor ill try to keep an eye on my torsos.
    life drawing keeps getting canceled! DX so ive been bad about drawing from life. but ill try and be sneaky about it as i run errands this week and draw people unawares.
    Most of whats up is for a comic im writing for my capstone most of the creature people are for that and the 3 boys are different ideas i had for the main character
    Name:  sketchbook29.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  89.9 KB
    thumbnails for environments
    Name:  thumbs.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  139.6 KB

Name:  chars 4.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:  chars 1.JPG
Views: 290
Size:  128.0 KB

Name:  chars 3.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  127.6 KB
    a friend challenged me to draw from my head a middle aged homeless man
    Name:  hobo man.JPG
Views: 337
Size:  86.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Updated 1-19 Not Dead

wahhhhh its been so long. been busy job hunting and trying to get my life together. which i feel like ive done pretty well er relativly. I had the opportunity to QA at Ncsoft where i got to make some 3d assets for the now canceled game tabula rasa ( you can still play till the end of feb for free btw =) )
    but i thought Id get back to regularly posting.
    i realized too, i never showed the finished versions of the aristocrats

Last edited by Pheuronskeurts; March 10th, 2009 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    forgot to add the stuff i did at ncsoft
    I modeled ant textured the fire truck but just modeled the mini van

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow so i think my images are ridiculously big, so from now on, none of that ;p
    doodle i did for today's dsg. its just a sketch so i dont think I will take it much further =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Goddamn, that's-a very nice. Here's something from me: broaden your subjects.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    last night I picked up some illustrations and drew from them(dude, old lady, and skull)
    I also just started sketching in ps and it became 2 lovely burlesque dancers =)
    I will take this further, Id love to! who knows when =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stuff from this week and the past weekend. I finally found a life drawing group which im really excited about, and attempted my first self portrait...lots more work to go in that dept though. It sorta looks like me, if i were about 10 years older...any suggestions on how to not make ppl look super old? ;p
    Im really excited about the job im starting too cause its back at ncsoft but has very few responsibilities (I wish it were an art position with tons...) however, im excited because i can use all that time to draw and sketch! so i am stoked

ALSO I REGISTERED FOR THE DALLAS WORKSHOP WOOOOOTTT!!! how could I not go right?

ps: this page is SOOO LONG! when does it turn into page 2 lol

Last edited by Pheuronskeurts; January 31st, 2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

doodles

Maybe this will be page 2? =)

these were doodles i did at work,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so i started making art for an older game, that I cant mention the title of until maybe next month. But its pretty cool because they gave me a wishlist of items they would like but dont have time to make themselves. So im doing texture repainting for some items, and building completly new models with new textures. So far they have been really happy and are going to use all the stuff I've made and I will continue to mark stuff off their wishlist =)
    maybe it will lead to something paid, I dunno, Im having fun making these things. Also I started a personal project ( the oil Tanker )that is going to be a challenge for me because it is so industrial, and most of the things i do are fantasy and colorful. But its been fun to work on when i need a break to do my own thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i brought my tablet to this figure drawing session, and really really enjoyed using it over pencils...no constant sharpening!! or accidental smudging =)
    i had a good time, and felt i was learning more about the form and value using the tablet than i did with the pencil mostly because i can lay things down soo much faster this was and focus on the model

uploaded are some sketches its taken me a week or so to scan
    also i attached a self portrait...which was really really hard to do actually. I look a lot older and meaner than i do in real life but i learned a lot doing it.
    If it didnt feel so weird sitting at my desk staring at a mirror, maybe id do more ;p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had a blast at the Dallas Workshop.... got my mind blown and met some really amazing people.

im also really liking my job at vigil, Im learning sooo much.

I would really like to join a sketchgroup on this forum if anyone has an open spot. Leme know =) i get enough ass kicking from work to make my stuff not suck but i could stand to get more outside too

latest is dominance war faces...prolly not going to enter cause i know i wont have time to finish anything, but im playing along anyways in my own time

also ...take 2 of digital figure drawing...Im hooked...dunno if ill go back =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Melmel,

Hey, it was good to meet you at Reverie. Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I've checked out your sketchbook. I'm excited to see what you've been accomplishing with your life drawing, I'd like to see you turn some of that into your personal pieces. Also, have you done any more work on that oil tanker? It looks SWEEEET and I'd love to see some more.

Chris

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.