Sketchbook: EON - 365 Days Challenge to Visually Orgasmic Art or I get Banned!

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

EON - 365 Days Challenge to Visually Orgasmic Art or I get Banned!

Long story short:

Always wanted to do art but did not head into art. Obvious Stupidity!

This lead to general unhappiness and not drawing from 2001 to fall 2006. Spectacular Stupidity!

Now, back on track and heading into art. Sweet Lucidity!

I’ve got to catch up on those lost years plus make up for them. This is my journey towards being comfortable drawing again while learning new skills and reaching for the stars! A rebirth, in a sense. Bliss!

* * * * * Jan 1st 2009 Update * * * * *

This is my 365 Days Challenge to myself so that I quit bitching about anatomy and actually learn it.

In 365 Days I will be producing visually orgasmic nude, clothed and moving anatomically correct characters from imagination or I should get banned from the site. You guys will be witness to this and I expect you all to vote with a pass or fail! If get majority fail I ask a mod to ban me.

I'm dead serious. I've had this sketchbook since September 2007 so it's been a while (10 pages!!!) and I know it's easy not to push oneself to progress and instead wallow in mediocrity. So it's quite possible that I'll be producing crap by January 2010. 365 is a long time...long enough to learn anatomy.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Eon; January 3rd, 2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: 365 Days Challenge!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Let's jump right in! My first figure modeling sessions. April to mid-May 2007 (first ever session, second, third and fourth) before the place took a summer break. Pencils in sketchbook for first session then conté on large newsprint.

Last edited by Eon; March 10th, 2008 at 01:42 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Since I was waiting for that other place to start again in the fall I went to some other place for my sixth session. Over there, the model held the poses for 30 seconds to a minute to 3 minutes tops. Insane but challenging. Pencil on paper.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Session 7 - Last Friday's

These are the fresh ones done last Friday. I feel like I've learned a lot since I started doing this. But the errors become blatant as well. One has a truly messed up neck and the one next to it has awful proportions and perspective on the legs. Still, figure modeling is very satisfying.

That other pic is a CHOW attempt done yesterday. Avenging Winter Princess.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Doodles & Painting Experiements

1 & 2: Just doodling and trying to figure how to put color and create form. But really just messing around.

Runner and Knife girl: The runner is referenced. The hair on the knife girl is inspired by a pic.

Paper Towel Flower Girl: I just love putting pen on bounty paper towels for some reason. Always have. I do it a lot.

The next three are experiments painting heads. 5 minutes each, no reference.

I'm off to my weekly figure drawing session now. Thanks for looking. Later.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.

Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil l

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Session 8

Tonight's session. We did a fun thing at the start where the model slowly rotated forcing you to adapt the gesture but leaving you enough time to draw it.

The sixth pose, where the model is laying on his back was a mind killer. Difficult to get a proper gesture and construct from it. I'll have to focus on such poses.

Overall, a pretty fun session tonight.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Weekend Update!

Some figure construction studies and gesture practice.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice gestures! and boxing out the hands/legs/ect is the best way to learn about structure, nice stuff man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lawnboy - Thanks for the feedback!

Managed some more gestures. Now off to reacquaint myself with my bed...haven't seen much of each other this week.

Edit: It's laughable, I actually forgot to LOAD the pictures for the post. Really need the sleep.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More of the same really, plus an October themed girl.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Friday's modeling session. Had some good gestures going but they were accompanied by bad proportions. Newsprint pad was finished either way so I switched to pen and paper to try something different. Proportions were somewhat better without doing the gestures.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa! You are improving very quickly. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's definitely some improvement here Eon; keep it up! A word of advice - from personal experience, I've found that figure construction can be a two-edged sword. . . it can be really useful when working from the imagination, but trying to apply it to life drawing actually tends to get in the way (and at the end of the day, you'll learn more from life-drawing than any amount of reference study). For one, trying to apply primitive geometry to a figure will only slow you down, particularly in short poses. Two, geometry is a lot less conducive to gesture than lines of force and contour. And three, life drawing is about learning to *see*; if you're trying to intellectualize the process by applying rules, you're probably not getting the most out of it (in fact, you're more than likely contradicting it outright). Trust your eyes; they can't see something 'wrong'. . .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Idiomatic For This Useful Post:

Eon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Factor Zero: Thank you for the encouraging comment! I plan on keeping the pace!

Idiomatic: Thank you for a very helpful comment. I can really see what you’re saying. I was in fact doing construction instead of looking and being sort of intuitive. At the next modeling session I’ll be changing my approach and trying out those lines of force and contour.

Went to the museum yesterday. (could not access site last night) Tried drawing some items. Holding the sketchbook with one hand while drawing with the other…less than ideal stability. I think I spent somewhere between 10-15 minutes drawing the Mexican statue. Observational skills need work. Then some more Sunday gestures. Kinda addicted to doing them. Eventually it’ll be mastered. 2 mins each pose.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great Studies Eon. Post more. You really have some nice stuff on here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    spudstudios - Thanks. I appreciate the visit!

The first two are construction from the mind done Monday. Imagination drawing is coming back to me finally! At this rate, by Halloween I should be able to let loose on some creative things.

The following two are paintings I did in the middle of last night when I should have been sleeping. 3hrs for the two combined. The man has the exact same problems as a sketch posted a while earlier.

Then today's stuff. Foreshortening hell. Spent some time on that. Then, neck studies because my necks absolutely suck.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The "3 hours till morning" Update

More necks. More serious. I don't have to wake up early today

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great studies!
    keep up the hardwork!

i had a girl in my class today get all uppity when i suggested she do some studies. seemed she was happy with the low quality of her work and would rather have it stay shitty.
    good to see the hardwork and studies
    shows you are commited to learning!

sketchbook

looking for work! pm me

blog!

Ellingsworth Guest
    Thanks for the kind words in my book, dude. You have a lot of really nice life stuff, keep that up and your going to be amazing in a couple years, that's what I lack right now, I need to do some more life stuff. Keep them studies going, man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Clumsy session but fresh perspective

Roidvoid: Thanks. I’m definitely committed to learning and improving. No point to continually drawing shitty except to piss your own self off.

Ellingsworth : Nothing more encouraging than hearing you’re going to be amazing! Going in the right direction. Thanks. Studying hard should accelerate the "amazafying" process.

Last night’s figure modeling. I followed Idiomatic’s advice not to construct the figure and intellectualize the process but instead just see and boy…

...I definitely wasn’t looking before or else it wouldn’t have be so hard to just stop, look and draw without constructing guidelines on the paper. The first attempts were just frustrating (two ears side by side, ugh!) but after a while I think I started understanding how to flow with it.

Interestingly, it’s the same model as the one in the first pics at the top of the sketchbook so you can compare my first modeling session to this first one with the new approach.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The neck and bubbles update.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    They don't look like much but these take time.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome sketches, I'd really like to see a a finished piece.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    really dig all the studies very dinamic poses lets see some mo 8)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tehgreatdink: Thanks! I'll try to do something and finish it for Halloween. It'd be a shame not to do anything for my favorite "holiday that's not a holiday".

Grandmassa Mr. Spect: It's cool that you dig em. Glad they're not considered too boring. Dynamism and fluidity are really what I'm aiming for as a style.

First batch - Figure as boxes from Thursday.

Second batch - Last night's figure modeling. The scheduled model pulled a no-show so a woman volunteered to pose... with clothes. Interestingly enough she had an uncanny ability to hold still. She also favored interesting poses. Heh!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    its cool how it looks like the same charactor in all the different poses thats hard to do jolly good show

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Digital Update

A surfer type dude I'd posted in the Sketches in Progress Section and his subsequent reworkings.

Then, all kinds of stuff as I'm trying out Painter X which is a jump from Essentials (which I did not touch that much anyhow, so it's basically all new). Doodles, something that turned out like a forest, a girl sketch that reminds me of Liv Tyler somewhat + digital spheres.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yesterday's Sketches. Box humans. Man, it's already been a month since I started this sketchbook. Feels like two weeks. Time flies.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Eon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tonight's session. Strong model who could hold what seemed like tough poses for a long time. Some of these poses, like holding a balloon in the air for 15 min, had him sweating.

I'm always surprised by how strange drawing the back is. What a messy area (when you don't perfectly understand it and can't make out the all the masses, bumps and depressions you see).

Last edited by Eon; October 27th, 2007 at 12:08 AM. Reason: FORGOT THE PICS! (SLAPS BACK OF HIS OWN HEAD)

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More box people. Think I'm starting to understand the concept.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1