Art: in love...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: in love...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

in love...

hi people. been a long time since i posted anything.anyway, here's a piece i recently finished. started with messing around with different colors and textured brushes downloaded from daarken's website. i liked where it was going, so decided to take it further. hope u like it, crits are most welcome

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by endercoskun; September 24th, 2007 at 09:19 AM. Reason: adding thumbnail
    ender coşkun
    my old sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is very nice, but there's an annoying difference between the value of the opening in the hip section and the opening in the chest section. It looks like two different images when you compare them. Also, the angle we're viewing its right forearm is not as interesting; it looks like he's handing it over to someone off camera. Perhaps holding it closer to the chest would make it seem more dear, in addition to giving a more interesting angle to that forearm.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kinda stupid, come on.... is this what you really want to be spending your time on? What planet are you on? EARTH! War will be fought over water soon, that plant will be dead and the robot will be________? Make me want to know, make me not be able to take my eyes off your art - get your heart and soul in here, your waisting your own time. This piece make me think you know nothing of love. I mean LOVE, the pain, the ecstasy, the stuff poets write about where your blood turns into wine and flows from your veins.

~M

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dogfood--> i was careless about the openings, my bad. thanks for the heads up. as for the angle of the arm, i think u're right, i'll update if i got to work on it. thanx for your time

markwagner--> well it wasn't supposed to be lyrical, but rahter humorous in an absurd way, i was having fun while practicing on my painting skills. besides i don't claim to be an "artist" (or "fine artist" if you will); i am a product design graduate doing freelance illustration, with no art education, started to take drawing seriously at 20 (currently 24) and aim to be a concept designer for game industry.
    and making comments on my personality based on a single painting is pretty prejudgemental if you ask me. if i ever dare to express my emotions with art, i would never try to do so on a piece of machinery, and probably be very reluctant to publish it.
    so, if you have any comments technique-wise they'd be more welcome, but thanks for taking your time anyway

Last edited by endercoskun; September 25th, 2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
    ender coşkun
    my old sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice painting. Interesting idea, bright colors, clear design. good work

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good work Ender... beautifull painting but i think robot needs some perspective corrections isn't it ? ( arm and leg junctions are little off ) i like overall mood of painting and idea.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yep, good work, and take note of the things that doog said... i think he as reason in that.

But congrats... about the user who feel he can talk to other like that... i take my think to myself...

Keep it up!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.