Thread: Undead Werewolf

Thanks

Undead Werewolf

Hi,
    My name is Danny and this is my first real post. I finally got the courage to post a project that I am currently working on. This is a project I was doing for a sculpture class that I took. The idea was to come up with a creature for our final either one that someone else created or one of your own creation. I decided to create an undead werewolf. I wasn't able to completely finish this for the class because I wanted to do it right and not have to sacrifice just to meet the class deadline, it didn't seem worth it to me to finish it just to finish it. Anyway I just wanted a little feedback about it. I wanted to make him look emmaciated with bits and pieces of himself missing to give the impression of him rotting away. I also wanted to make sure that he looked believable as well as stylized so I tried to make his hands, feet and head moderately disproportionate to his body but hopefully not so much that it looks wrong. Any coments and criticism helps, I just wanted to see what people thought before I got too far and baked it. I also included the concept sketches for the undead werewolf, drawing is not what I am good at, there are also four views of the sculpture.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I like the idea but I don't understand the pose. With the palms facing up like that, there's no emotion to it.

If you want to show anger, try facing the palms toward each other with one hand slightly forward. If you're going for a "sickly zombie" feel, try curling the hands inward and close to the body.

I think you have a great start. With the proper pose and finish work, this should turn out well.

Thanks
    Yeah, with those palms he looks like his saying "Whyyyyyyyyyy, oh, whyyyyy!!"

Thanks
    hey dani, nice job!

Yes, the pose could have some work to do in expression, but i think that born from the concept.

And the sculpture is much better than the draw. Pay attention to the feeling you are trying to give to the character... and may the facial expresion complete the feel that you are looking to show us.

COngrats, and good work.

Thanks
    Hi, Danny. I like your work and idea of making a rotting beast. To my mind, werewolf body is quite natural, bus his head is like from animated cartoon. I think, that view would be much better if you did realistic head to, as much as you can, ofcourse everything depends from you . Good luck with your work.