Witty title here
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Witty title here

I don't know if I like it or not right now; I'm glad I got the face at least halfway decent, but do you think I should tone down the highlights on her face? It looks almost greasy to me. An do you think the way I'm doing the suit works fine or no?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I CAN'T quite tell if the face is suposed to be caricatureish or not, I'm going to assume it was intended to be real (if it wasn't apologies)

First off, smiles and mouths in general don't extend INTO the face, the facial features stretch across the front plane of the face and only recede back slightly.

There are quite a few anatomical anomolies such as large face, oddly placed features, small shoulder, wide shoulders, lack of a pelvis or hips etc. I hope you don't mind but I did a quick drawover to show where some landmark areas should probably be.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woah, crazy paintover Rhine. But yeah, it was supposed to be pretty cartoonish. I thought it was kind of obvious because of how far her smile extends, but I guess not.

I really hate for all that work to go to nothing though =( I feel like I owe you something now

I might work on the knee a bit, but I wanted to keep everything kind of swooshy, with big, general shapes. I might take into account the stomach muscles and the arm position though.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Woah, crazy paintover Rhine. But yeah, it was supposed to be pretty cartoonish. I thought it was kind of obvious because of how far her smile extends, but I guess not.

I really hate for all that work to go to nothing though =( I feel like I owe you something now

I might work on the knee a bit, but I wanted to keep everything kind of swooshy, with big, general shapes. I might take into account the stomach muscles and the arm position though.

Thanks.
    Ah ok. Don't feel bad, didn't take me long

So basically taking that into account, I think your original still needs a pelvis, and something about how high her eyes are placed still bugs me

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.