Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Complete begginer -

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Complete begginer -

Hey everyone, My name is Uri, so far I have been mainly in to 3d arts, for a long time now, but I want to get in to ringling's computer animation program, which means I need to have some decent trad' skills.. sadly I don't have much time or much exprienece at all. never really held a pencil except a few attempts here and there, but now I know I need to get a hold of it.. so hopefully you guys can Point me on my mistakes (and I know there are many..) and let me know perhaps I am just chasing rainbows applying this year? (allthough I will probably still keep attempting.. can't lose much more then 40$).

Anyways, here are some sketches for past few weeks.

Any way's here goes:

Complete begginer -

Complete begginer -

Complete begginer -

Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by UriL; November 24th, 2007 at 02:59 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Good start and sure doesn't look like a complete beginners work. Hope to see more of these soon if you're applying to Ringling and all but here's some tips I can think of at the moment... Firstly, your lines don't seem like the long, flowy sweeps they could be - forming them of those little strokes ain't the right way to do it. One good excercise for line quality is sketching something without lifting the tip. Do that for a while and you'll notice your lines finding their places quicker and just looking better.

Also, try to be patient with progress, starting from the basic shapes and moving on to the details so you'll end up having the proportions right. Your self-portrait doesn't seem to have a straight center-line and some parts in the anatomy sketches seem to vary in widths for example. The animal sketches look pretty correct though and maybe the 3d background has indeed lent something to their quality.

Keep up the good work and remember to draw from imagination too.

Thanks
    All of these are very nice. I like how you made the left life drawing really angular for an easier understanding of how it all comes together. My only advice is keep doing more and more and more and more of what you have here. More and more and more.
    Please show some love at my DA page. BobbyDash.DeviantArt.com or leave some critiques in my sketchbook thread HEREhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post2288893

Thanks
    Hey guys thanks for the encourgin replies..
    I actaully bought my first sketch book today, feels much more friendly then a batch of printer pages.. also has a very slight cream tint which I like..

Anyways, here are a few quick animal sketches, each is about 40 minutes.
    I also did 3 potraits which cochroal pencil.. Very fun and "quick" but I guess I had the learn the hard way did I need to use some fixitive for the pictures not to get all messy so I don't have much to show other then alot of smushi blacks

Complete begginer -

Thanks
    today's update..
    the day is still young hopefull to get some more nose/mouth/ear studies

Complete begginer -
    Last edited by UriL; September 24th, 2007 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks
    Hey everbody..

Here's today's update.
    I've tried following bob kaote's tutorial on monochormatic painting.. there's a few things I'm missing in using the media.. I have a few questions..
    Firstly, how do you go about drying the brush? simply squash the brush on the water bucket, or perhaps use some kind of toilet paper to get the water out? secondly, Do I wet the brush before every time I take paint?or simply dry?
    and Lastly, bob uses a dump brush to smooth transition and blur out the colors.. When ever i tried I always had paint left over from the previous stroke.. how should I go about it? simply have another seprate clean brush only for that? would really be helpfull to hear answers So I can improve with the painting.. (which Obviously as you will see by the resault I have not much idea of what I was doing.. ugghh)

Anyways, here's the quick paint and a few more anatomy excerises.

Complete begginer -

Complete begginer -

Thanks
    i wouldn´t call me beginner if i had your skills. love the nose/mouth/ears sketchings....i have to do the same if i want to do steps forward.
    nice work keep on

Thanks
    --------------
    Last edited by Elch; February 13th, 2009 at 06:59 AM.

Thanks
    Hey Fabk thanks for the complement.. well i am just begning never really got in to drawing before.. but thanks alot!

Elch this is very good input, you are correct I have mainly been doing studies from books.. simply because that's what I seem to see in most sketches books, but I guess I should mix this with alot of real life drawing aswell.. and yea I know I shouldn't jump to heads, but the human face has always facnsitied me.. so much deail layers and curves..

Hopefully tommrow I'll grab some jars, fruit and so on and try to get them looking right

Thanks
    Here's an update..

Afew more attempts of painting, pretty pleased with them as quick and dirty resaults, but there's alot to learn but it's fun!
    Complete begginer -

Complete begginer -

And here's A BAD sketching excersises, didn't really try hard enough
    and was kinda slacking most wihtout reference.etc.. Hopefully wont happend again.

Complete begginer -

Complete begginer -

Thanks
    Well the last weekend caued me to slack off a bit, had a trip for a few days, decided to draw a few of my buddies, also started working on glen vipllu training, so I have loads of gesture drawing, trying to get the weight and dynamics correctly..
    Also, this is a portrait of a friend of mine, I feel proptions are pretty much on, a bit off in places but all in all caught her, Hopefully I will do a portrait daily from now on.

Complete begginer -

Complete begginer -

Thanks
    Today's portrait: Self portrait actually..
    I think I nailed Proprtions pretty nicely, but I don't like the shading I did
    in this one, Too dark.. I liked the more clear look the portrait from yestrday had..

Complete begginer -

Thanks
    Started working by glenn Villpu's Techniques..
    very very rough and Crooked stuff, Lots of proptions problems, but I really love
    the way of doing it, Very very logical and Inituative way of drawing the human form, It's only the 2nd class, but I think it's really gearing up.. Hopefully with enough practice thinks will start to look good..
    Here are 4 Poses I just went a head and did use only the "sphere Form" and the gesture drawings.. Hopefully tommrow I'll get a few more done, and then hopefully well start going through the Box form.
    I know line Quallity is Bad! Any tips for really practicing my hand on shapes? rounds? hatching anything Really don't know how to practice it..

it's been a few dry days, Hopefully I think these drawing will get me back to drive mode

Complete begginer -

Complete begginer -

Any comment would be great.. Really let me know if I am in the right direction.
    Question: How do I add a thumnail to the topic, and how do I add a link to my SB in my signautre? Thanks.
    Last edited by UriL; October 5th, 2007 at 06:04 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast