Sketchbook: Scriblin's of mine as I strive to improve

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Scriblin's of mine as I strive to improve

Hello, I am new here and the rules and organization of the place confuses me to an extent. I have always been interested in drawing and have recently decided to get off my butt and start practicing. Hence this thread which I hope will keep me motivated. I would appreciate any comments or critiques you may have, as well as advice on how to get better.

I did much of my previous sketches in lined notebook paper so these recent ones are only some of what I've been practicing lately. Sorry for the bad scans, I'm not sure how to get a better scan with my scanner. The painting was referenced off of altphotos.com, and the original, whose link I don't have was also orange. That's it for now.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great hands!
    It's good to see you're attacking all the right areas, seeing as how hands and feet are the achillie's heel of many an artist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, I need a lot more practice with hands and feet. Anyways, I have been working on some sketches and pattern (kinda like Celtic knot, but full page) thumbnails. However, as my scanner is so terrible I will only be posting some speed paints for now. I don't remember where I got the reference from, probably Google and altphotos.com.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not posted in a really long time. Gotta stop procrastinating. Anyway, here are just some really really quick speed paints I've been doing. I was mostly trying to get the preview image (thumbnail o' vision) to look like the referenced image. Also, I don't remember where I got the reference for these, but some were on the national geographic website or altphotos.com.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why hello there!
    echo
    ech
    e...

So, I've mostly not been drawing, but, according to file numbers, I've sketched ~50 digital sketches since the last post.
    Not much improvement.
    Alright, since I'd started drawing again I thought I should post something.
    I usually start drawing some outlines to practice control with the tablet. Then I do 2 pages (as defined by 1500x1500 pixels) of 10s gestures on posemaniacs, 2 pages at 15s, 1 page each at 30s, 45s, and 60s. This averages 80-100 gestures in about an hour. Also been drawing from an anatomy book, but I'm too lazy to scan them in. I've been doing some speed paints, but they have not improved at all since the last post... maybe if I actually keep practicing that'll change....
    Bye.

Last edited by technolem; July 27th, 2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: just added 2 speedpaints..

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.