Sketchbook: The7Sketchbook7 ... Kid-Deadpool Challenge!.. just started - join us! :D - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The7Sketchbook7 ... Kid-Deadpool Challenge!.. just started - join us! :D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm Back after weeks, Stupid company had problems with providing ME internet but That last Picture was AWESOME

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

The7Artist7 is offline I'll have a double Rocktastic with added awesome please Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 551 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Thanks guys - I keep missing your posts as the email notifications of my subscribed threads is all weird - haven't been notified about my sketchbook for ages yet I'll get 17 identical notifications at once about other threads! @_@;; very odd! Anyways! Sorry I've not been around - kinda busy with a new smallish commission with tight deadline plus other stuffs - will be back soon with some more artworks! All the best with your internets GetiX hope it's sorted now!

Yay! << just felt like saying it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dont worry about my internet providers i got them ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there. I tried to think of something constructive to say, but found nothing. Draw everyday, that's all I can say. Keep going! : ]

The7Artist7 is offline I'll have a double Rocktastic with added awesome please Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks for dropping by buddy - I hope not being able to find constructive things to say is a good thing @_@; lol yeh - I draw pretty much every day for my job (freelance illustrator) but as most of that is cartoon kids stuff I need to remember to do a few studies or sketches too

And don't worry peoples - I will be getting some more art soon - just been a little snowed under with stuff to do

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Random quick pshop paint of my wacom pen holder - yep I know it's a funny shape! - I'll try again tomorrow

see ya around

Attached Images Attached Images  

My57 is offline I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol i was looking at the image and i didn't have the slightest idea of what it was xD

it is indeed a weird shape.

My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blerrrg - sorry everyone! no update for ages! Life is kinda keeping me busy so just making do with browsing CA when I can

here is a quick start WIP on another of the b/w photoshop speedies - it's kinda a multi-part speedpaint in progress ..lol

OK - I must sleep!! I get all inspired in the early hours of the morning to do art but I'm waaaay too tired to manage anything really quality - doh! One of these days I'll get my sleep patterns back to normal and then I'll show you what I can do!!!! lol

My57 is offline I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    neat, seems dramatic.

My Blog/Tumblr

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to My57 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aha! - update wadda-u-think? advice, crits, etc welcome - your honest thoughts would be cool - thanks

Last edited by The7Artist7; September 1st, 2008 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello!
    Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. The Wacom pencil holder thingy looks like a jello can thing? Makes me wonder how it tastes.
    Your most recent one looks very dramatic. Why is the hand cut off though?
    I feel like we're inside something that it's ripping open.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Fearself - nice to see you around again, how are you doing?

hehe - yeh those wacom pen holder thingys do look those jelly things (just so you know it's blueberry and lime with a rich chocolate base - kinda odd, but hey this is wacom we're talkin about!) - was fun to speed paint tho

Ah yes with the recent one the idea is that we're looking from the eyes of a soldier/person who is being hunted by this machine - we're looking through a small gap in the straw-like stuff over the shelter covering us! (sorry for the lack of hand - it's kinda supposed to add to the gritty unattractive situation that we're only able to catch an awkward glimpse of the enemy):

...breathing heavily from the strain of running for so long... dodging, hiding, running again ...hoping soon we'll get a chance to use our last ammo ...hoping it won't be a waste ...7 miles to go ...7 miles to the relative safety of our hideout. These things are so persistent! ... ...uh oh I think he's spotted me - if I can just get round enough to see that weak spot - he's toast! heh - you just gotta love the optimism desperation gives you - ok here goes!....

hehe hope that sets the scene a little better

Last edited by The7Artist7; September 2nd, 2008 at 06:06 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That wacom thing sounds scrumptious.

Jeez that's such a happy picture. I can feel the beam of joy in my heart. When you said "awkward glimpse" I imagined a crotch shot. That would defenatly be awkward for the soldier. Or the robot picking his nose with the missing hand if he has a nose?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that last one looks sweet man, epic dramatic now.

My Blog/Tumblr

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FearSelf - Lol! you're just being silly now :shakes head and chuckles:
    (I apologize for the unexplained request for some 'happier' pics from yourself - I'll post in your sketchbook soon to explain properly)

My57 - Thanks buddy! I've a ways to go with developing this style but really appreciate the feedback

I also welcome Constructive criticism

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This Is Awesome keep drawing these pictures, lol now I have come back form studying my drawings and shooting them with a rocket launcher cause there so pathetic lol I say my drawings have improved 1% lol yours have improved 100% keep going
    Iron man vs ?? Challenge now up !! OH MY GOSH go to challenge arena now everyone

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello my friend...it's been so long since the last time i commented on your work...so,i see alot of progress...go on my friend

FUCK frustration...i'm comin baaaaaack
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very quick submission for the IronMan-Vs-?? challenge by GetiX - Gutted I didn't have time to really work on a more 'impressive' piece but hey

And seriously Thanks for the encouragement guys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    youve got a crazy style man. AHA! was trying to think of what it reminded me of,
    SPOoooooooon! ;P Exaggerated muscles and all, cool stuff man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Thanks! Hehehe - dude never seen 'The Tick' before but after checking it out (took a while to find from searching for art relating to the word 'spoon' lol - was only after adding another 'o' that I found it and what you said started to make sense!) I see what you mean lol thanks for dropping by!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow. I love the feeling in the piece with the ninja and the bear.

Live life, Live love, Love life, then die -- SaiVix

I would really love some honest critiques and improvements suggestions

Renewed Study - I'm drawing again!!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=133377

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks SaiVix - I hope to do some more in that style soon! - it's a cool way to practice form

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey this is very nice stylization,did you make that outlining in photoshop (if yes with which brush) or it is on flash?
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you make photostudies? your colour needs some variety i think, values and stuff

Maybe you could try to make fast speedpaints on photos about nature and people about 10-15 min a piece. This is what i will do next to get colours more "realistic" or at least, to look like something...

Btw your characters are very dynamic, impressive!

MY SKETCHBOOK IN BIG LETTERS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=116474
    COMPLETE LIST OF THE FORGOTTEN SKETCHBOOKS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1992378

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nettle_Mountain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks PB, been a long time buddy! how're things going? I assume you're talking about the last IronMan pic - it was done completely in Illustrator CS3 (yep even the lens flare! lol) the tools used were a 3pt brush set to roundness 100% and diameter pressure variation set to the full 3pt and the pencil tool to draw the filled areas and the black leafy edge border.

Here's another illustrator scribble with the same settings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettle_Mountain View Post
    Do you make photostudies? your colour needs some variety i think, values and stuff

Maybe you could try to make fast speedpaints on photos about nature and people about 10-15 min a piece. This is what i will do next to get colours more "realistic" or at least, to look like something...
    Hey Nettle-Mountain - thanks for the advice! Despite being something I've been planning to do for a while now I haven't been doing photostudies - they're certainly something I should practice So far all my freelance work involves highly colourful cartoon stuff so it's not something I've needed to do lol! although I'm sure it would improve my cartoons too - time to stop slacking with my study!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just browsing though my art folders and found these Spideys I did a few months ago and never posted - the sort of thing I could do a series of superheros with

lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Nettle_Mountain, study nature and objects, they're the best teacher. It will most defenatly improve your already well done cartoon stuff.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to FearSelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man when I first started scrolling through your SB i gotta say I wasn't much impressed, but as i continued browsing through it grew on me. It's so full of character and life. the graphic style of your art lends itself to the stories you tell in the images. Really great stuff.

little bit of a spidy overload though XP someone might get the idea that you like spiderman or something.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Fllnfalcon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FearSelf - yep I agree - study of nature and real stuff etc is planned as soon as I have time lookin forward to it!

Fllnfalcon - hey thanks for persevering! I'd be interested to know what didn't impress you that much at the start - was it just something with the art at the beginning (assuming you started at the beginning?) or was it that you just warmed to my style as you looked more? :intrigued: hehe yep I have had a bit of a Spiderman phase - I love comic art and Spidey is great for expressing movement and energy - plus he's just a cool character! lol

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 51