Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    hmm, i just noticed i hit page 6...finally!
    tonight im gonna celebrate with another update, and lets hope i fill this page a bit faster

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    like promised, an update!
    now i know i dont make the worst stuff, and i also know its far from perfect, so please dont hestitate to crit me, and give advices! i would be glad with them...

Thanks
    long time since i had this much fun at lifedrawing
    tomorrow im gonna get some better and more pics!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Hey dude. Thanks for droppin' by my SB.

Got some good work happening here.
    Big props for doing lots of drawing from life, that's so important.

Your lines are definitely getting better, although when you're using pencil to sketch the pose maniacs, your lines seems to get a bit scratchier.
    Try doing the really short ones, under 30 seconds. Even though you won't get any pretty pictures, it will really help your line confidence.

Other exercises to improve line quality are blind contour drawings and drawing without lifting the pen from the paper.

Water colours are also looking good, but likewise, they look much better where you've used large bold strokes rather than short choppy ones.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    on what hunterkiller said, you can use short strokes....google Peter DeSeve...this man can paint water colors in his sleep if he wanted and all he does is layer layer layer with short strokes. Line quality comes with practice. with your pencile just keep the line very light then when you have the gesture down then make your dark solid lines to make the form pop.

keep practicing, water colors take a lot of practice.

Thanks
    Hey man, love it that you draw so much from life. That's totally awesome. I'm probably not the right person to crit regarding colors, because I suck at them so much, but I would be more careful using the dark blue kinda strokes next to the bright colors when painting with watercolors. like in this one - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1208562200
    Perhaps you should go more with darker tones of the brighter colors.

Regarding the line quality it's really great, you know how to handle lines. You could give your self more time though maybe, like try working a bit longer on some of these.
    But anyways great stuff, I'll be checking back for sure!

Thanks
    hmm, ill be replying soon, im in a hurry now, just a little strange something for now...

Thanks
    hey thanks for stopping by. nice sketchbook youve got here. i like how you use pen(or is it indian ink?). which ive always found quite hard. seeming as how you cant plan the proportions of the figures. on the other hand you get some really nice distortions which makes some really interesting postures. nice! i was just thinking tho. perhaps when your working with pencil try planning in the big shapes first to get the proportions looking a little more correct. thats if its something your after. anyways nice work. keep it up.

oh and i love that last one. its got funk! heh

Thanks
    time for replies thanks a lot all, for the nice and useful comments!

Hunterkiller: thanks for the nice words, and thanks for the advices on watercolor and gesturing!

flipnasty: thanks for the addon on the watercolor comment ill be checking that dude soon!

tigermilk: thanks for dropping by again, and thanks for the comment on watercolors, im happy with every comment on that! ur probably right, ive got to watch that next time!

tokotewhero: its pen, i use ink as well, but most of the time its pen! i love it, i think it gives nice results for a chaotic person like me, i love to see what happens, and sometimes nice things happen about the blockin in, aargh, ur like the 100th person that says that, so its probably time to listen

and thanks about the comment on the last one, im not so confident about my drawing from imagination and i do it way too little, im really happy that u see something nice in it!

ok, update time again! since ive a camera its sooo much easier to update! did a lot of quick portraits lately...
    and some pavement lifedrawing isnt really amazing, but it was fun to do so i decided to show u guys

Thanks
    hmm, i guess the key to improvement is hard work, so here ive got another load

Thanks
    this is a portrait i was working on tonight, decided i need to do one every night to improve my painting skills...took a bit too long to do every day, so i presume ive got to do it faster, think a bit more about my strokes, and keep it cleaner... anybody got some hints for me on this one? what colours should i add, how can i improve the brows and hair? since now those colors REALLY dont match with the rest...

Thanks
    another bunch!
    more stuff from imagination this time...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 653 Posts
    About the colors of the second to last post, there are some greens sometimes in skin shadow. Perhaps that could have helped the brow. Some warmer colors in the lighter sections (such as orange) might have helped the brow colors by a 3D creating sense due to color contrast.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to arttorney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks for the very useful post arttorney!

i found some pencilled modeldrawings, that has to do for now!

Thanks
    Talent over flowing.

=================================
    Sketchbook
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120761

18. The Following User Says Thank You to humanNature6115 For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast