Thanks

my Zbrush thread

well its been a while since i have posted in this section of the site but anyway here are a few things iv have been working on some new some a few months old, andsome in prog.
    Last edited by Robert.B; November 28th, 2007 at 10:35 PM.
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I like your first characters sculpt man, at first glance I thought is was more realistic adaptation of Goki (Akuma in the US version of streetfighter). Looking good man, I love the shot of the upper body, look quite intimidating with the streamlined rough-cut hair style an the detailing scar across the left dead eye, awesome stuff. The 2nd character have me wondering how's he supposed to balance with such blade like legs. It has nice exaggerated arms that clearly imply its function. Clearly the himmerit facial sculpt seems old when compared to the first not because you said so but because of the level of quality of the textures that you applied to it. I would'nt show such a zoomed in picture of the himmerit because of that.
    I thank you for your feed-back on my stuff man, you gave me some some repectful crit.

Thanks
    WOW these renderings are amazing-Im thinkin of starting up some z brush i pretty much abandoned 3D
    The close up of the himmerit looks a little incomplete but great detail over all.
    I love the second creatures design with the contrast in big heavy arms and small pointy legs.
    www.artofsantiago.com -my site 85% complete

Thanks
    Really great work Robert, curious to how you get some of those details So come on share! share!

Bspark
    www.bbriley.com

Thanks
    Thanks guys it appreciate all the feedback ill try and keep this thread updated, and when I finally finish this guy ill surely post i here
    And Bspark you have an eye for detail yourself you and I need to collaborate and do something great one of these days
    Last edited by Robert.B; November 27th, 2007 at 08:44 PM.
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    awesome work, i've been a long time fan of your art...i'm curious, is there torso anatomy under the clothing? also for animation purposes, do you at times leave the geometry under clothing? if so when?

Thanks!!
    Ciao,
    SnaKe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeman View Post
    awesome work, i've been a long time fan of your art...i'm curious, is there torso anatomy under the clothing? also for animation purposes, do you at times leave the geometry under clothing? if so when?

Thanks!!
    Ciao,
    SnaKe
    Hey snakeman thanks for stoping in. to answer your question yes he is fully modeled underneath his clothes. I created this modeled just for conceptual purpose so he isnt tesselated and designed for animation. If he were being used for animation I most likely would have kept things under a budget, model wise.
    when ever I do model like this it lets me get a better sense of how the outfit should fit over the form.
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

Thanks
    wow really cool stuff, I wish I can make stuff like this in 3d

Thanks
    I was hoping at this point to have this character finished by now but work has been eating up all my energy well any way im almost done with his modeling which is good because Im about ready to texture him and finish this project already!
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

Thanks
    The clothes in the chest seem very confusing. i cant understand whats pulling them so much to make them wrinkle in that way. It seems like hes wearing a one piece suit? if so, it doesnt make sense that the chest clothing is very loose and doesnt show the form of his chest at all, and the legs are so tight and form fitting that you know exactly what his legs look like.

Thanks
    great observation, that eluded me at first..now that you mention it,...quite true, perhaps a slightly more subtle approach to the wrinkles would be in order.

i suppose he could have tucked them in, yano like in highskool when you wanted to look buff still great work, but good observation

Thanks
    good crits Kaze thanks
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

Thanks
    No problem. being able to crit other peoples works help me see my own mistakes down the road, so thank you! Also, i found that if you pull your shirt tight against you from your back, it makes a good refrence to get the wrinkles i think your going for.

Thanks
    Yeah thanks again man your crits were on point. Im actually working on him as Im typing but i though I would share a quick update.
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

Thanks
    This one might be a little bit nitpicky, but it seems to me like his bicep is going inside his ribs. He has a really massive bicep, so i would guess that he has big biceps as well. im not sure how ti fix this one. if you have some kindof explanation why his arm is like that im sure i would understand better.

ps. his face has a lot of character, i love it!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kaze0099 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    good call! I was undecided about the biceps around that area. I could'nt decide wrather his rib cage should come out more or wrather his biceps should be more vissible. It can be adjusted.
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook