Faust

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Faust

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Faust

here is my interpretation of faust, the man who made a pact with teh devil himself.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not a bad drawing in terms of line, but looking past that your forms are very flat. When drawing characters( or anything actually) remember that you're trying to convey something that exists in 3d space. It might be useful to break down your character and armor in basic 3d volumes sitting correctly in space. Also you could do a lot more with his expression to make clear that he made a pact with the devil because right now it isn't really showing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As far as the art goes. I like the line work and shading it is well done and works. Though it seems that he is missing parts of his anatomy. Most notably his ribcage and parts of his arms. And you shouldn't leave off his lower legs and feet. It takes practice to get them right so practice

As far as the concept goes. Have you read anything about the story of Dr. Faust? The story is about a scholar who basically is a master of anything he studies. He becomes so bored with what humans have to learn that he makes a pact with the devil so he can know everything.
    The knight's armor and young look don't really fit with any of the story. Is this a completely new story?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea its true my drawings have always looked flat and not dynamic... its kind of annoying. As for his expression, I was hoping for something dull, like he looks lifeless and such. This was also what I was thinking when i drew most of his body, that he is messed up and missing parts here and there... The story, while I drew inspiration from the actual faust, is not the same character. I was really thinking about a knight who led an assualt on a castle, but failed, and all his men were killed, so in desperation he made this pact to momentarily gain some power: like his messed up left arm and the armor. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He seems to have a young boy's head (in the squashed-up, simplistic sub-anime style which all who aspire to serious art would do well to avoid like the devil) on an elongated adult body. The head and the body don't go together at all. For future reference it may be a good idea to sketch out the body lightly before constructing the detail of armour, clothing etc.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.