Hey, how do I apply for an art grant?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hey, how do I apply for an art grant?

Hi, I'm an 18 year old student from England. I've been told several times that I could be able to apply for a grant from a gallery to have my work displayed, but I have no idea how. I searched google and came across The Art Fund, but after reading I found out that they offer grants *too* galleries, when I want a grant *from a gallery*.

I have no idea how to go about this, can somebody please point me in the correct direction? I'm lost, poor, and wanting to get my work out there.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have never heard of galleries giving out art grants...usually if they like your art they will put it in their showroom and try to sell it.
    What is the grant for? To support you while you create art to hang in their gallery? To help you pay for education? Maybe this is just something in England that I haven't heard of.

In the U.S., you get art grants from the government (like your state art council) or from private foundations.

I am interested in the idea of art grants in general and have been trying to collect information for the Finding Scholarships subforum of the website.

It would be nice to start a UK thread in there to collect information for people like yourself.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1