http://www.heartsandbones.com/plus/artsale/index.html

109 Paintings & Studio Move

The landlord of my studio (3 car garage) told me he was going to sell the place and gave me a month notice. I did it, I moved 48 years of my creative art spirit. The experience was awesome. At first it was a little daunting, I like to collect cool shit and have it around for inspiration.

What I did was to slowly make groups, picking up everything and moving everything and figuring out if it should be tossed, recycled, moved.

Thought I'd show you some of the work. A big mix of paintings over 25 yearas, some unfinished. Excellent experience to lighten my load and allow for what is next - so psyched.

I photographed all the old paintings I had around and had a crazy sale, "all offers accepted." I posted all the work online at:
    http://www.heartsandbones.com/plus/artsale/index.html

In the Creative Spirit
    ~Mark

Check out another project that I am the founder and creative director on.
    http://www.reenchantingtheworldthroughart.org

Supporting the Creative Future

Last edited by markwagner; September 13th, 2007 at 01:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some really great paintings among these Mark. Really surprised at the lack of response to this thread. Good luck on the studio move.

On your auction this image really blew me away. Superb idea and execution. I feel like that most days.

Name:  IMG_04.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  121.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm surprised at the lack of response, too. Some very enjoyable paintings here, and the pics of the studio move were very interesting. Hope you're settling into your new space nicely.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My my, hard to do justice to the extent of your work by a mere post of words, really. And yes, I definitely think this thread is VERY short on replies. Maybe people are afraid to comment on this level of work? I dunno.

The first thing that captured me was the old man's face in the tree, then I moved on to the rest of your works and I can see the passion in the artist. I struggle to escape realism in my work to achieve the expression you so aptly do in yours. There's something about your works that demonstrate age, possibly wisdom and experience in the artist. When I read your post about these being works over the last 25 years, I think that was confirmed.

At the sight of your workspace I couldn't help but think "ah, that explains a lot!" lol. Many of us would die to have a workspace like yours...
    And the reference and inspirational material you keep, my goodness, definitely see the devotion to this craft.

I can't but say there is a dali-esque element in some of your paintings but only elements. I love your use of symbols and your Christ figures, especially the Jesus in the boat with the globe, sacred heart, the figures in the boat that seem to be looking up to and admiring him. The lighting, the color changes and color choices in that painting are marvelous! I like that you do representations of things that convey things better than realism, such as the waves under the boat.
    My God, I'm looking more at your other works, the impasto-like effect under the paint, the underpaintings themselves that seem to come through such as the old man with the head wrap, amazing. There is so much you incorporate that I can't comment on it all. I want to say "Excellent Work!" but those words sound so dry all of a sudden. Truly, work I expect to see in a reknowned gallery. If I had the money, I would ask to purchase a print of the Christ figure in the boat.
    I've been pouring over CA forums for over a month now and this is the first time I will rate a thread, 5 star of course.

Last edited by TROGLODYTE; September 14th, 2007 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Curious, have you experiemted with or incorporated any mezoamerican elements in any of your works? In one of your workspace pictures, I see something that looks like a totem with wings...ah I now see what appears to be a piece showing a Mayan wall. Would LOVE to see those posted.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ttp://www.heartsandbones.com/plus/artsale/images/img_0919.jpg

Hot stuff. I love the way you handle the water.

Paul Rhye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow.
    Just fricken crazy. Having to move after that much time in one space has gotta be tough... but by the same token... I bet you found stuff you totally forgot you'd even done until you found it again.

Man I'm sure any of us could get lost in that place going through boxes and cabinets and exploring all the bits and bobs!

Great style of painting... now that I've posted... I'm going back to take my time checking out some of your work!

Mambo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yah.... it's all good. Thanks for your feeds, always a treat and blessings to connect with other artists in ways that we get each others work in ways no one els does or can. The Seers Seeing.

~M

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome, thanks for sharing, love your ideas and colors

Check Us Out!!!

Unbreakable

zao75231

couplandrob.daportfolio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On your auction this image really blew me away. Superb idea and execution. I feel like that most days.

RB,
    I have thought about what you said, "I feel like that most days." It was an interesting moment when I looked back at the painting and "got it" at a whole new level and I appreciated the painting more, the creative creature, your experience, and all of us artists experiences.

I made that painting during my master thesis where I locked my self in my studio for seven days and did a vision quest, made as much art as I could, ate, slept as little as possible. I called it "10,000 minutes of Art." I filled an entire gallery a month later with the work.

Beauty, Art, and Energy
    ~Mark

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got a technical question. How do you put the small logo in front of your thread?
    ~M

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The "thumbnail" (aka. small logo) is the first image you upload via. the attachment manager.

Just click edit on your post, hit advanced editing and on the next page click the paperclip icon in the text formatting toolbar or scroll down and click manage attachments.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.