Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Thanks
    Pretty nice drawings you have their.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Demon Lizardman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    wonderful improvements have been made since the beginning my friend!

Welcome to the sketchbook group as well . Looking forward to your tomorrow sketches!!

Something ive got from your studies are that you typically avoid the hands and eyes. You make the eyes in a very simple version. I also noticed that you avoid drawing the complete foot. Mostly just a shoe figure is drawn...

I do believe you have a very good view on planes and the ability to see in a correct perspective though.

Keep it up my friend.

"Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason."

Leonardo Da Vinci

La Super Duper Uber SG!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Morte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Tobuoi - Thanks, it's pretty obvious I suck at the body, isn't it? >.<

Spirit - Agreed, I think I'll try to do that, it would definitely help. *raids your fridge of all your cheese*

Demon Lizardman - Thanks!

Morte - Thanks, glad to be in the group =) I know what kind of studies I'm going to start with now.

More from my little moleskin:

Last edited by Lionsword; December 9th, 2010 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks
    Wonderful imagination! Really adore your works!
    Usually I'd say that you should measure up your anatomy, but when doing stuff right from your head, trying to capture a FEELING, stopping up and measuring can ruin it (I know, I do this -___- ). But you should try making some finished work, where you apply correct anatomy. Especially the legs seem a little short.
    Oh, and try practicing confident strokes; unecessary heavy lines seem to occur a lot in your pictures (like I'm one to talk).

More! Give us more!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeydominator For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Explore different mediums ! AND do change the pen, use HB, B, 4B etc etc. It will give the drawings so much more impact. Then when you start to feel at ease with more varying pens you can start trying ink pencils, black... Keep it up !!!!!!!! (change pens I meant MIX them, like draw with for example HB and mix with 6B...)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to swedish_spaniard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ooh, I'm loving this last update! I particularly like your eye/facial studies! It's something I want to move onto once I've got the basic figure down
    What I'd love to see from you is a finished piece, whatever you want it to be, such as a painting, sketch, anything! You've got a great imagination, as you're coming up with all these amazing ideas in your sketches. Maybe try applying these ideas you have into a finished piece would benifit you. I wish I could just sketch away like you do!
    Great work, keep it up

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm too lazy to actually sit down and finish a damn picture >.< Goddamnit i hate this crap.

Last edited by Lionsword; December 9th, 2010 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks
    Monkey - thanks, you're right about getting a feeling in my pictures, a lot of mine don't have one. But it's hard to get a feeling when you start something and finish it a week apart >.< And yeah, I do have too many random hard lines. I'm trying to stop that.

swedish spaniard - thanks, I don't really like those kind of pencils though. Probably going to stick with my mechanical for a while longer.

Spirit - I need to convince myself to sit down and finish a piece when i start it first. then we'll talk about finished pieces thanks

and now off to work! *mutters incoherently* >.<

Thanks
    Christ, there's a lot of work here!

Really interesting going down this page screen by screen, you can see definate improvement and more confidence in your lines. It's also good to see you're working nice and big and using the whole page.

Keep doing more studies but that goes without saying, don't let them get you down.

My Site

Sketchbook - Crits and opinions needed and welcomed

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Porg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Those last studies are GREAT! I love your dynamic, floating lines! Also, I spot some works there that really could use some finishing touches, just to show their potential!

And I sorry if I mislead you, what I meant was that they DO have a good feeling to them, and that you should just go ahead and sketch.
    But beware, beware! Don't end up like me! I've doodled for so long that I've kept some terrible habits, and they're EVER so hard to break out of! (damn you, arms and legs! And eyes!! I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME!!!)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeydominator For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If you don't finish it in one sitting, you can always come back to it at a later date! Forcing yourself to sit and finish something can make it seem like a job, so you will end up hating the piece and just rushing it anyway but even so, this last update is great! I love the huge men in helmets you have done, their armour/costumes are very imaginative! It's good to see you've got some studies in there too, keep going with those, even if you don't do many, they will definately pay off in the end! They are looking niiice too, very clean lines!
    Well done!

Last edited by Spirit; August 29th, 2009 at 12:59 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey, get your lazy ass online and submit art, already!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeydominator For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Porg - Thanks! I'm trying to do more studies, but I just find it more fun to mess around. As you can see

Monkey - I know, i'm a lazy tard >.< Thanks, I see what you mean now. My mind filtered the "ing" out of "trying", so all I read was "try to capture a feeling". I'll try not to stop short from now on.

Spirit - Thank you =) I never try to force myself to finish a piece, but I do have a real problem getting myself excited about it and actually wanting to work on it.

sorry for the lack of update, i've been really busy lately. just went back and tried to finish some older pieces mostly.

Last edited by Lionsword; December 9th, 2010 at 05:34 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1