Art: 08.25.03 - MORE Equipment and Weaponry (Big DL)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: 08.25.03 - MORE Equipment and Weaponry (Big DL)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb 08.25.03 - MORE Equipment and Weaponry (Big DL)

Per your request... MORE! as always, crits and comments are welcome. enjoy!

Alias Sketch Pro:

Good 'Ol Pencil and Paper Animation:

not really a concept, but i wanted to treat lurkers to my first dab at 2d animation...all 2 seconds of it...haha. i only spent about 15 minutes on it so its relatively sketchy... i really admire the 2d animators out there...drawing each frame is tedious. props to them all because i sure as hell don't have the patience for it.

link---> MEI FIRING GUN

Last edited by gorilla777; August 25th, 2003 at 06:26 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice stuff, nicely presented too. In the second (SMART) concept the largest pic is the unadorned face which seems surplus to requirements, or at least could be small. Also for some reason I'd like it if all three shared the same background pallette, but that's just a personal preference. On the C38, I wonder if your front hand could slide up in front of the barrel under recoil and get your knuckle shot off?. Great work though..I'd like to see some more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow these are great and ergonomically/human factors correct.... I serched for mistakes that one might have if they were in 3d ..but couldn't find any!

I especially like the design! .. Good Ol' Boy/Space Cadett... I'm always for that!.. They're very tastefully done...

I needed these 'cause the aftertaste of overblown fantasized Unreal Tournament style weapons was wayning on me... you've given me hope yet that there are still some concept artists willing to tone things down a bit..

I only wish the gasmask/respirator was done with the same creativity... it seems a little generic when compared to your other great designs

my website
    -- playing: "Pikmin 3" and "World of Tanks"
    -- reading: "Death of the Liberal Class" -Chris Hedges

O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. - Pindar

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great concepts. Would be realy easy to work from
    as an gameartist.=)

/Palm

My homepage

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice concepts. I really like the detail you put into measurements and making them structurally / geometricly even and stuff. All very impressive.

[insert clever thing]

-Halis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow...thanks for all of the great comments and suggestions. i wasn't really sure whether or not people would appreciate diagrammatic concepts like these. i'll definitely post more. i'm still trying to figure out some type of standard for my diagrams so once i do they should share the same design elements.

sammy:
    the face mask design was one of those pieces i worked on that was half successful. i can't say i am happy with it but since i spent some time on it i decided posting it would be a good way to see if it flies with other people or if it needs a redesign.

saturnfive:
    yeah, now that you mention it, it would be possible to blow your hand off if your fingers got in the way. this piece of equipment was a tradeoff between safety and compact design. a redesign would address that issue. perhaps some type of guard or a sensor that would detect object collision in front of the launcher.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fantastic!

Realy impressive presentation. This is realy great stuff. That medical dose gun reminds me alot of the dose thing for Equalibrium. If you havent seen that movie then GO SEE IT! Really love the attention to detail.

peace
    -mesh

Mankind will unite as one when our common enemy is found.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love this stuff man, this is what concepts are about, i think ive said that before, i love it alot man, im actually in the process of designing some weaponry myself so hopefully if my load lightenes ill have somethin soon, its gonna be a stoner hybrid, basically high powered rifle

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your stuff, Gorilla777.

Only thing is ergonomics:

the fold-out s.m.a.r.t. launcher, why does it fold in/out? For concealment, or a one/two-handed mode? Cuz it seems in compact mode the grip might be onstructed by the butt...

I like the design though, reminds me of the blue SMG-briefcase that bad kid in Robocop 2 had.

On the medic needle:

Does the user have to load the thing manually (take out a vial, load it on top, inject) or is it supposed to load automatically like a handgun? Cuz if it's the last thing the vials are too long to fit through the grip...

What brick through yonder window breaks... ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Cannibal80
    I really like your stuff, Gorilla777.

Only thing is ergonomics:

the fold-out s.m.a.r.t. launcher, why does it fold in/out? For concealment, or a one/two-handed mode? Cuz it seems in compact mode the grip might be onstructed by the butt...
    Looks to me from the text underneath that it collapses in for storage purposes only. It may seem to be not much of a difference in length, but following along with the concept of a military unit, possibly deploying via parachute/whatever, one can imagine that it might fit better in a backpack, not to mention be a failsafe for making certain it doesn't misfire & blow the whole dropship to pieces (it is a 10mm explosive tipped launcher after all).

I feel refreshed already Yet I worry for my Brothers

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.