Thanks

New Movie: My Kid Could Paint That

In the span of only a few months, 4-year-old Marla Olmstead rocketed from total obscurity into international renown – and sold over $300,000 dollars worth of paintings. She was compared to Kandinsky and Pollock, and called “a budding Picasso.” Inside Edition, The Jane Pauley Show, and NPR did pieces, and The Today Show and Good Morning America got in a bidding war over an appearance by the bashful toddler. There was talk of corporate sponsorship with the family fielding calls from The Gap and Crayola. But not all of the attention was positive. From the beginning, many faulted her parents for exposing Marla to the glare of the media and accused the couple of exploiting their daughter for financial gain. Others felt her work was, in fact, comparable to the great abstract expressionists – but saw this as emblematic of the meaninglessness of Modern Art. “She is painting exactly as all the adult paintings have been in the past 50 years, but painting like a child, too. That is what everybody thinks but they don’t dare to say it,” said Oggi, the leading Italian weekly. Through no intention of her own, Marla revived the age-old question, ‘what is art?’
    watch the trailer http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/m...dpaintthat/hd/

Made me laugh and sad at the same time.
    Would be a nice study to give some other little kids a big canvaz some nice bright colors nice tools and see how much geniuses are out there!
    I myself just got crappy watercolors and poor coloured pencils.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Already been on these forums.
    But I'll say it again.

Things like these will make it perfectly clear to future scientists that evolution wasn't an additive process but more of a gradially expanding sine graph.

One where the depths would explain the plagues ,modern art and George Bush. While the peaks would explain the creation of beer, women and logical thinking.

Thanks
    That's great! I gotta see this film when it comes out. Her timing couldn't be better, this sounds like a really interesting story to follow. I wonder if her popularity she will last to adulthood.

Thanks
    I was gonna plug this crap when I saw the trailer last month but then I figured why waste you guys time................
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"