Thanks

Studio Ronin Contest!

StudioRonin will give away free signed prints for the best of five Draw MN ONE contest. Mn One is the main character from Seven Leaves, the second chapter of the Leaves Cycle. The best five interpretations of MN ONE will receive one signed print by Christopher Shy, and the art will be used to promote the upcoming book. Artists will receive all credit for their work, as well as a hardy thanks for boosting our characters over at Studio Ronin.

Reference:

Studio Ronin Contest!

entries can be sent to esmuss@aol.com

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Please correct me if I'm wrong (and I sincerely hope that I'm wrong)

But you're basically saying that you need promotional material but can't afford to pay for it?

Sorry if I'm out of line.

EDIT: Disregard what I said above, I was pissed cause a virus has been messing up my PC. But that's over so I'm not gonna be a prick.

see ya
    Last edited by Kortez; August 20th, 2003 at 09:27 PM.
    Wanted: 30 chinamen and a zeppelin for an elaborate practical joke... can you help?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 254 Posts
    i'm so what interested just because i have free time and i like the artwork i saw at studio ronin, but i was wondering if you could supply us with more than 1 image of the main character?

Thanks
    Just wondering what sort of timeframe is involved.

Thanks!
    bat
    ----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Thanks
    I would love to participate, just need to know how much time we have to complete this. Thanks!

Thanks
    Originally posted by strych9ine
    I would love to participate, just need to know how much time we have to complete this. Thanks!

I figure two minths or so until we wrap this up. The first book is done, so this is more for everyone to get involved, become more familiar with Studio Ronin.

Plus, theres alot of folks who like MN ONE. Being able to have a pic in their portfolio is always cool, having permission, thats even beter.

-Christopher

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 134 Posts
    Kortez, your wrong.

this is an awesome idea, Christopher Shy Rules. i hope you get of entries from concept art.org.

good luck everyone

Thanks
    Originally posted by davi
    i'm so what interested just because i have free time and i like the artwork i saw at studio ronin, but i was wondering if you could supply us with more than 1 image of the main character?
    Without tagging a ton of art here, I would say for better shots of MN ONE stop over at www.studioronin.com

We have some other shots of him. I really want you guys to bring your own thing to this, so go wild.

Christopher Shy

Thanks
    Originally posted by Kortez
    Please correct me if I'm wrong (and I sincerely hope that I'm wrong)

But you're basically saying that you need promotional material but can't afford to pay for it?

Sorry if I'm out of line.

EDIT: Disregard what I said above, I was pissed cause a virus has been messing up my PC. But that's over so I'm not gonna be a prick.

see ya
    No harm done. No, we are set as far as money. Your thinking of Marvel or DC. I dont paln on publishing any of this because, well, I dont own the entry art. This is just a Ronin Round Table idea to get in touch with the fans. We do publish alot of art books, so if for some reason one of you guys feels strongly about a pic going to print, we can ork something out. But no, we are not looking to strip mine talent. We are Studio Ronin fer christs sakes, we dont even charge dues to our members.

It was a valid point to bring up. I would have said the same thing. Its always good to watch your back, dont be sorry for kicking ass.

Christopher Shy

Thanks
    Could you please tell us a bit about MN ONE?
    www.robertomarchesi.com

Thanks
    Yeah, your bandwith is exceeded right now. I can't see the website, and have no background on the character. The reference you provided looks great, but I really can't tell whats going on in the face area.