Character concepts

regards,

Johan

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok... I'll be the pain in the ass (hey someones gotta do it right?)

The female character needs some reworking... something about her anatomy is seriously off. I really like the pose... but... her head is warped and seems to be pulled up towards the left... it seems that he facial features are being pulled up that way as well... could it be because of the hair? You could almost draw a line straight down the middle of the face, block off either side and think you were looking at two different women... try it and see what I mean.

Her thighs are way too skinny but that could be a personal thing. lol. But it strikes me as the length of her legs in comparison to the broadness of her torso is disturbing... she's not got the heroic proportions I'd expect to see in a character.

I am however diggin' the background textures... and the technique used to render the skit. The way you've handled the hair on the right side of her head is good... the left would be improved it were handled the same way. I'd say you need to go for something more though if your going for a character... she's just middle of the road pedestrian hooker at this point. It's almost as if she's taken directly off photo reference. She's missing that oomph! that takes here to character level.

I dunno... weapons? Plower glow? Kirby crackle (lol), What makes her stand out from any other streetwalker? What her story... besides being a piece of eye-candy/ass why should we care who she is?

See what I'm gettin' at?

Ok feel free to hate me now.

Mambo

edit: Ok I just took a good long look at it... one of the things that really bugs about the female piece is there seem to be all sorts of different levels of focus. Some bits are soft and fuzzy... some are crisp, sharp and in focus... but they aren't all on the proper planes. Like a 4X5 camera gone haywire and the depth of field is all spotty. The edges of the skirt are crisp and sharp...her belly is way soft but her breast is harder edged... the arm near the elbow is hard edged and sharp but near the wrist is all soft again... the leg on the right of the picture has a massive soft blurry spot on the calf area... it doesn't seem to follow any rhyme or reason.

Last edited by mambo; September 6th, 2007 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mambo thanks a lot for taking the time ! you have some really good points and I think I will do a lot of quick sketches for a while now to find more interesting poses and scenarios and improve my anatomy knowledge.

Maybe what I have done are more character style sheets than actual concepts ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Male character looks like Doom2 space marine... Well, it's just my IMHO, maybe I'm played ID Software games too many times

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.