Sketchbook: Here comes my papers. 8 - Jan .10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ian Miles is offline Leave you message after press enter key. Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post Here comes my papers. 8 - Jan .10

Go to last page if you want. If not itīs okay.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ian Miles; January 7th, 2010 at 06:41 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Ian Miles is offline Leave you message after press enter key. Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok. Iīll been drawing like thereīs no tomorrow for a month or so, letīs say... 10 hours per day, and this is, more or less, the progress so far in hands.

A month ago:

Today:

Is really tough for me assist to my local art school, and not learning a single dammit thing about drawing. At times I feel really disappointed with my life. You know, Iīm trying to learn everything I can. Iīm really into it, but looks like nobody can help me ever.

:s

Places like this, make my day when the frustration comes. ĄI will never give up!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Miles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    frustration shows that your giving it your best and your learning as well, keep practicing everyday. youll get over your barriers into a place of knowledge. kep posting and ill keep checkin on your progress.

"EVERY GOOD PAINTER PAINTS WHAT HE IS" Jackson Pollock

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" Zdzislaw Beksinski

5. The Following User Says Thank You to l0stinth0ughts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can see the progress on the hands. Try drawing your own hands. I drew my left hand over 70 times and you can see the improvement from the 1st to the recent, it is really good practice. Keep posting!

I'm only 15 and would like some comments/critiques/tips so CHECK OUT MY SKETCHBOOK! Please =] http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117399

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ItalianHorsey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here we are with more sketches, hope you like. I have a ton more, but this are a little selection. Hope u like.

l0stinth0ughts: Thank you man for checking this humble sketchbook. Right now my drawing is not even class D. But Iīll try to improve everyday. This moth Iīve been drawing a solid 10 hours per day, even sundays :p. But I doubt thatīs enough... :p

ItalianHorsey: Yeah, your left hand is your best friend in terms of hands references xD

More soon.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Miles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there, good to see u keep trying different stuff. I bet ur gonna improve a lot if you keep it up!

Thanks for dropping by!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DeJakhalz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok. Here are some studies and sketches for today, trying to measure the right head proportions.

Iīm very happy with these right now. Probably the next week will look it and burn the hell of them.

Sketchbook is one click away:
    Never forget the Magicman

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Miles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hola. gracias que miraste mi sketchbook.

me gustan tus estudios, y recomiendo que continues con ellos. si continuas, tendras mucho exito en dibujando , ya veo que tu puedes dibujar formas diferentes, por ejelmplo los de esta pagina: http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9918/ske03ro8.jpg

si te gusta construir el cuerpo de formas diferentes (cubos, piramedes, etc.) mira los libros de bridgman, son buenos tambien y pueden ayudarte mucho.

buena suerte!
    p.s. espero que todo fue bien escrito en espanol tambien.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to voetsek For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here we are with the uplate...

Looooong, looooooooooooong time absent form posting... haha :p . Well I have a pretty busy time the past months as a graphic designer. Pros: I saved a lot, and have a new computer with a BIG (man, itīs huge) screen "24. (Good for painter and digital renderings). The other side is: Almost no time to draw a single line in all this time!. I know the last post is from MARCH (man, Iīm really ashamed), but... Itīs time to get back here to my SB and start working my ass on it.

---------
    voetsek: Whoa, yeah, Spainsh is my 1š language , and your reply is nicely written, but one of the things I look here at CA is improving my english skillz, writing and so, so pardon me, but I reply you in the Shakespeare language :p.

And the updates (something big...):

A fractal I made with UltraFractal in a little spare time:

Graphic Design Section. Possible Personal WebPage1:

This one gonna be final:

--
    A Logo for class assignment:

Some Digital:

This one is my friend from school, caricature mode in Ps. :p

Quick painter cloud study:

A bird, linoimpression:

Some Birds Chinese style Ink over paper...:

Analogic Escher with color pencils:

Chunli lineart, scanned, and some starting colors in Painter (Yes, this ones need to be finished... too)

And the goodīold sketches and concepts... traditional goes here :p :

And my rendition to MagicMan: A litography (class asignm) of one of his pencils works. Your sb may be gone from CA, but you changed my life.

You know... I have more but... I think itīs ok for now.

Last edited by Ian Miles; November 9th, 2008 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Venga tio sigue así que quiero ver a Magicman2.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hola! it seems like you like to explore a lot of different materials/medias i like that, it shows openmindedness and interrest! the fractal is very intersting and that carricature is really nice!
    I think its good to study anatomy but I learned for me that using those popular stick figures dont really add to your knowledge (I tried to learn to draw comics a long time ago and a had a book with those blocky shaped stick figures) while they somehow teach poportions and some of them show a masses they are a bit to blocky and inaccurate for my opinion, my advice is to study from people being it from life or from photo reference, notice how in every pose every body part looks a bit different, if a man raises his arms then his pecs will be stretched out an less defined but if he has his elbows at his hips the pectoralis muscle will show. all im saying is that learning from stick figures will slow you down (in my opinion) rather than give knowledge
    keep it up!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Katzenminze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Katzenminze:
    Thank you for you kind words man. Since I almost entirely self-taught I tried a lot of different approaches on drawing humans, and as a result, I ended like many other self-taught artists: Knowing nothing about the human figure but trying desesperate to draw it. Im now into anatomy, and I hope it will pay off sonner or later.

rant:
    Find a little Proudīhonīs quote, and I want to share here in CA:

"If you canīt know it, you canīt draw it, except by accident"

If you want to become a real artist, you need as many basis covered as you can. This is just as it sounds, and having a good hand at drawing is almost as important as having a good eye for color, or good perspective / anatomy / composition knowledge. So yes. A hell of homework ahead!.

:end rant

-
    I really want to do more and more life studies, but I think Iīm not ready to do them. Most of the human body is unknow for myself, and now in winter, with no subway here, is difficult to find a free spot (and warm) to sit down and draw countless hours. :/ . I want too, do some shots at painter, copying master studies or whatever, but I pretty wide mind, Itīs difficult to me to stick at only one subject. I need to improve my concentration as well. I really need to set a work plan for the day and stick to it. :p

The page:
    This one is very very manga-ish, but despite the style is just I donīt know how to draw faces and so, more realistically, what is my ultimate goal. By the way, I have a LOT more doodle pages, but them just sucks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Ian, thanks for stopping bye the skbk, Hope you continue to post and keep practicing , cheers

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Victor B For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are welcome
    Big update coming at day 15. ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The BIG update of the day 15.

Okay, lately Iīm just driven, I never put so much energy at drawing before. The main reason is, I think I never cosidered seriously make a career out of my art. lately I felt very dissapointed with my life, school, and so, after watching every one of bobby chiu youtube videos, I set my mind in the correct frequency, -free your mind-, and started working my ass on it, so here are the results:

This pile are stuff that Iīm going to trash, things that Iīve copied, just to look at it and say to myself "wow, I ALMOST draw this", all of this are not made by me, or for me, so, say them goodbye:

This other pile, are from things that I draw more or less this Winter, I collected them all, and marked it as "December", I think this ones are just Ok for now, but in the future, gonna trash them too.

And this pile are my January results: the Complete Bridgman, drawed by me from page 0, I challenged myself to draw every single dammit image of this book in less than 45 days, Now, at day 11, Iīm almost hit the 50% mark (page 175). lol. Notice that I draw the same amount in 2 months, that I did in the previous 11 days.

I really have some quick color things on painter doned, but I need soooooo much basic foundation before..., so Iīm working my ass from 4 pm to 12 - 1am everyday. On weekends, I just Draw, and go to bath. :p

The most amazing thing is: I never felt better before this. I just draw and draw and draw, and I can see myself progressing. I encourage everyone here to try this "spartan" drawing method just once in your lifetime. xD

PD. (handmade) Website Coming.
    PD2. next update at day 30.

Last edited by Ian Miles; January 15th, 2009 at 12:34 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Miles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow you didn't lie was really a BIG update, I'm kinda in that spartan way since I started with Bridgman, but I have less free time than you do for personal reasons, see you Delegator!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Aenhimal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hey man nice sketchbook...! Those bridgman studies do worry me a bit... do you feel that you're getting something out of it ? Be honest when you ask yourself that... bridgman's books are great... but they do take a lot of time analyzing and understanding his lines.. Its easy to just copy and miss the rythms and balance etc etc... anyways.. keep it up.. just slow down a bit and take your time when you do studies.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Dile_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your stuff is really progressing keep it up.
    Btw I really like the fractal you did. for some reason those always intrigue me.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

http://global.thebump.com/tools/tickers/tt6b71c.aspx

Spaztastic's world of junk
    And The-SSG-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named!!!
    Realitychecks SB LakeLands SB Me,Myself, and Me again Vehkt's

31. The Following User Says Thank You to spaztastic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now for this update:

Wow guys, Itīs true I havenīt posted since a quite little ago, but things have progressed here in the interval.

So, first, itīs my honor to present you my full bridgman, the 1.000 anatomical drawings In LESS than 45 days.
    ĄChallenge Complete!

PD. The papers are double-side drawed so 50% of the stuff are invisible. :p

(Some left out, sorry itīs a lot of work to put in position so many damm papers xD )

Second. Iīm on oil academy now, expect some great things happening with colors and stuff.

Third. The updates are going to become weekly.

Four. My first from mind piece that I actually liked. Yeah, now looks pretty poor. Beware Marko. :p

Best for all of you guys, you are the best.

PD. Wish to join some SSG to improve even more. You know guys Iīm free!

Last edited by Ian Miles; March 12th, 2009 at 06:46 PM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Miles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tremendous amounts of energy, stamina and discipline!!!! Awesome and damn inspiring! I do somewhat agree with Dile on being careful about only copying and missing integration of the material. I personally stopped copying and instead try to reconstruct using the same process I'd use when drawing from imagination. It's helped me absorb a lot. In any case, the sheer amount of studies and the attention required to get through means you must have learned quite a lot. Much, much respect. Please share with us the results of your efforts and keep on rocking and posting!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.

Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil l

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Eon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wicked SB cant wait to see some more

37. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ouch, lot's of paper in the floor, amazing. You've been busy. I'll keep a eye on this.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to busquets For This Useful Post:

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You impress me with your focus and dedication.

You are improving mightily, start drawing more "life studies," to see if you can draw from 3d as well as you can from 2d.

Looking forward to more pages to go to.

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to madster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys. Some news.

Iīve been very busy lately pumpinīshit all day along. The hard part is, I have a lot of books (loomis, hogarts, bridgmans), and
    Iīve been drawing from it almost everyday, but the fact, about... 1 or 2 months ago, is, I can copy anything like a photocopier, but simply, and is very hard to admit is, I have no idea on how to draw from mind (CRITICAL SKILL).

Yeah, with a photo in front of me, I can do this almost without thinking. But When I want to draw something. I just fail miserably.

Does that mean that I should give up? Well, looking back, I can see improvement on my skills, maybe not stellar, but they are there. So I replanned my priority list 2 months ago, maybe 3, with this two points.

1. Instead drawing everything I have, focus on 1 single solid method on drawing the human figure. AND LEARN IT
    I choosed Loomis.

2. Instead on just copying every source material I have, I started to, "reference" one side of the page, and the other, draw it from my mind. Just no fancy stuff, One side of the paper from copying, and another one from my mind the best I can. Even is just trying to replicate what I just done. Doesnīt matter.

And later on, today, now, I did a quick one, and then just stared at it, and an inmense sensation of pride just started to overflow my senses. I just canīt believe that I did this one from my mind.

I have a TON of shit piled on my desk, maybe Iīm learning every single way on how NOT to draw and learning one at time.

people, Iīm not friend of leaving advices, but this one is for free:
    Take always the hard path, and take your education seriously, Is the fastest way to end where you want to go.

Best wishes. Keep Drawinī.

Last edited by Ian Miles; September 1st, 2009 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another one that came not so bad

Great news! I came with a hand that actually looks like a hand. Yay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This last figure is nice man. Keep on doing your stuff. Hard work will pay off in the end.

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

45. The Following User Says Thank You to GriNGo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all.

I know this SB alck updates, but Iīm too busy lately to scanning shit. Iīm gonna upload a couple that I guess is more or less okay.

Donīt be angry, Iīm busting my ass right now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow thats a lot of figures! congrats

48. The Following User Says Thank You to MrSmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there!

Great SB! I see you are working hard and you are very productive. Good for ya!

all the best,
    Mariusz

50. The Following User Says Thank You to mariusz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys.

I donīt know where Iīm going.

Webpage www.balcora.org on the works.

Donīt be angry. Isīt just I donīt scan everything I do. I think in my 10 month of art practice, iīm just not good enough.

Best Wishes.

Last edited by Ian Miles; October 6th, 2009 at 09:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1