Sketchbook: Here comes my papers. 8 - Jan .10 - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Here comes my papers. 8 - Jan .10

LORD M is offline That guy from the cheer me up thread Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,790 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, talk about being dedicated! That's loads of studies you have there, you seem to make more studies per day then I do per month (or months, fuck I'm lazy).

I especially liked these two, so great!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8762/miguece8.jpg
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1254836107

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LORD M For This Useful Post:

Ian Miles is offline Leave you message after press enter key. Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys.

Im falling for watercolor again.

LORD M Hey. Im very impressed with your mouse paintings xD . At this moment im very far of what I think is an acceptable lvl. But still doing my best. I started to drawing like I wanna be a pro, since past December, so yep, I think Im improved. But... Still very far. Thank you man.

Bye guys.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sketchbook is one click away:
    Never forget the Magicman

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sooo many studies, my eyes bleed keep it up man!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jatherip For This Useful Post:

Ian Miles is offline Leave you message after press enter key. Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys.
    Lately Ive been playing with watercolors a bit, and did a pretty careful study of one of sargents paintings. But I copied it in watercolors, because i want to master it, and I havent at that moment the oil paper, but today I just bought it.

Cheers for eveybody. ^^

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The 2009 retrospective post.

Hey guys.

I can pretty much say this past year was the best of my entire life. Lots of stuff happened me almost at once.

So, here is my retrospective, my thoughts about it, and my wishes for this year.

First of all, this year was my 2nd and final year in my country illustration and design course. Is a goverment educational program, so, as Ive passed, now I have an international certified title, and I think in the short run will be useful. In the course in reality, I didnt learned how to draw or paint, but Ive learned a very very valuable lesson: Ignore everything, and bust your ass.

As the last year was dying, I felt an increasing desire to do something with my life, I put very high hopes on the course, but I passed the first year pretty much without doing nothing. I got a job at graphic design, but was boring as hell, and I started to fell very very angry with myself. It looked that my life in reality had no future, and my family started to say that I should quit school and stay in the job. Were a normal family with no trouble for money, but, I started to HATE computers at that moment.

It was computers all day along, but in Ca, people do stuff that I want to do too so, I made a decision, and quit my design job and finish school.

Second is draw all day along from my anatomy books, (Loomis etc).

And Third, is taking school not seriously anymore. School was a really frustrating experience for me, I found that the teachers was waaaaaaaaay so careless about us students, that it really dont worth my time. So I started to ignore the school assignments almost completly with the phrase "Hey, Its Christmas Time".

If you browse this post back, you will see that by December 08 - Jan 09 I do much more work in 2 - 3 months than in my entire life.

Things happened rapidly when you look back, I drawed the Hogarts anatomy from life entire in less than 45 days, then joined a paid oil classes, then leaved it because they are teaching me how to copy, (but I learned a couple of things about painting), then I made a GF, who I love her a lot, then, the course ended, then, I went to The Alhambra on summer vacation, and my mind exploded, then get back and draw a little more, then went to London on a family trip and saw a lot of great painters in the Royal Gallery and my mind blow again, then, I worked on my project and the preparatory drawings was the best part of my presentation and one of the best of the entire class, then, I joined the Selfportrait Day for the first time and was not bad at all.

Then I started to paint and study colour theory, then I switched from oils to watercolor and Gouache, then I started to do more large drawings and more careful studies, then I buy a domain and Im finishing my website, then I was hired as a janitor for goverment buildings from time to time, then the year suddenly ended.

One of the major changes in my everyday life, is of course, having such a nice GF living near my house but after the first crazyness of the relationship, now were at much more relaxed pace and I can concentrate on my studies much more, wich Im dying to do.

And finally Ive found a live drawing clases in my city, Im gonna taking it, to experience the full power of drawing from life.

So, here is PART of the 2009 bunch.

As you can see, Im starting to expand my works from drawing only, to paint and more things. The bunch of the year was for the drawing part, I have pretty much 1000+? pages of studies and sketches and anatomies and so, and I have to say that this exercises had really made a great effect in what I draw today and whats my ability today. So Im gonna draw a lot more for this new year.

This is a Watercolor copy of a Sargent paint.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1255790605

This one is an inkwash with watercolour w&n mars black. Notice the fails in tones.

This one is one of the best watercolours Ive ever come. It costs me $21 a 14ml tube, Its like opaque watercolour. It leaves soooooo much pigment back, that you have lot of paint from one tube. But Im switching to cheaper ones who are just as good as this one.

This 2009 decided to remove all the old stuff from my house, so I killed all the markers, colored pencils, lots of pencils, inks, and so on, just in practices and hand exercises. This group have 67 used pencils, every brand and colour you can think of.

This one is a copy of Richard Schmid watercolor, done in oils. Its pretty loose but I think I like it.

This is a Gouache rendering of a portrait. Is pretty much one of my firsts serious runs on a gouache, Im very happy with her.

This is a Charcoal Study 10"x15". I remember how fast the face came out. Im still impressed with her.

A little details of this rose in oils

This shows how much my desk has changed. I removed the CPU from my desk, and I barely use it today. I use the computer to check Ca.org, and play videos on painting and a little music every moment. My desk is now filled with drawing and painting tools. Down the cpu I have a lot of paintings and mediums and so on for watercolor and gouache. I really like the way gouache smells, I think It helps me when I use them to be positive about it. I have too a set of grayscale markers that I use to do quick value studies, when I have some more time, I like to do value studies with watercolor ink wash, It really teaches me how watercolor works.

And thats about it for now. Another change that Ive noticed, is thx to my Gf my usually "on the nose" behavior, now is much more soft and relaxed and the people now enjoy my company. Oh well. :p

Cheers everyone.

http://www.balcora.org/ (now on the programming)

Last edited by Ian Miles; January 7th, 2010 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome SB Ian!! Love your work ethic!! You've made excellent progress since page 1. Just keep practising your 'imaginative work' so that can develop as well. Keep up the good work my friend!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Turbosnail For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ian, I will be short. You are doing great work. All those efforts will pay off. It's all about loving the plateau, the frustration. Patience truly is the road to success in art.
    Seems like you are doing all the right studies. Working on the same stuff myself. Anatomy and form takes a lot of time and practice to learn. I have found out that every copy I do from a book I need to do the same image from my mind and from a multiple angles to really learn to understand it.

All the best and keep up the hard work!

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
    -Anonymous

Jussi Tarvainen

BLOG

Sketchbook

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jussi Tarvainen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stuff is looking great

13. The Following User Says Thank You to andres333 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1